• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
If Quaz is gonna be updating the front page soon (hopefully) might as well save him some trouble and tell him to update me to Wario/Kirby main, and not make him do multiple updates so soon.

blackmeza

Smash Cadet
i found these forums about a year before i actually owned the game and only came on them once

other than that i just read crap, don't really care about my post count

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
omg great news guys, I have the entire second floor of the Reeve Memorial Union set aside for August 22-24. After several meetings with staff, I got overnight! yay
I'm gonna make sure I have the support of the campus gaming club and get some advisers lined up and then announce this ****.

Zicore

Smash Champion
omg great news guys, I have the entire second floor of the Reeve Memorial Union set aside for August 22-24. After several meetings with staff, I got overnight! yay
I'm gonna make sure I have the support of the campus gaming club and get some advisers lined up and then announce this ****.
OHHHHH! Can I help spikes with all dis cool ****z?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Can their please please please be a Melee Tourney sometime in this time frame. I can't stand Brawl anymore.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Something as big as this needs lots of time to prepare :rob: as for smaller tournies, HOPEFULLY some other people will step up. I might run FBT4 or something (not to be confused with FTB4/Fuhgeddaboudit4, if that's even still happening?). Lone should really keep hosting. CC's were just starting to get pretty good. 4<<<<<<6<<<5. OiR has drama, LoR gets canceled.... I'm not the only reliable tourney host left in WI, am I? :urg:

edit also welcome to swf lol. Where in fondy are you at? There might be a couple other smashers in your area. I wonder if Xtra ever got a wii. I'm sure Earl got brawl by now...

killervandinter

Smash Rookie
some one wanna help me out what i do im new to smash boards
just some info bout me im from neenah and im best with marth but will play almost any character

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Yah, I've decided that I won't be attending or making tourney's till summer. So, No CC's till like June orsomething.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Well I do remember running solid tournaments here in Racine. With little issues and NO Drama. And we're picking things back up starting in April. So hopefully people start attending.

Remember my tournaments have a variety of games:

- SSBB
- Tekken 5: DR
- Soul Calibur 2/3
- Naruto Accel2
- One Piece: GA

Etc.

The first one will be solely Brawl. But after that we'll do that and then many more.

If u guys play other fighting games there is most definitely a community for them:

Tekken - www.tekkenzaibatsu.com
Soul Calibur - www.caliburfourm.com
Naruto GNT - www.willvolution.com
Naruto Accel - shishi-rendan.com
Street Fighter/MK/all 2ds or other various games - www.shoryuken.com

There are a lot of new faces here on smashboards.com that came from the sites I listed above. Because of Brawl being so popular. They are finally accepting Smash as a competitive fighting game too. Especially on shoryuken.com. That site usually sponsors the EVO (Evolution) tournaments. Which usually run our biggest fighting games tournaments in the country.

I brought this up to give u guys an idea of what type of variety is available.

SSBB is ****ing awesome. At first I liked Melee over Brawl too, but the more I play Brawl the more I realize how foolish I was into thinking that. Brawl is super balanced. And yes almost any character can win in this game...its about time.

Tournament results are really going to be interesting this time around.

killervandinter

Smash Rookie
na i dont have an older bro but ya if i recall there was an alan vandinter but no relation i live by hoover elementary if u know where that is

chansen

Smash Lord
Wow You Guys I Just Ate A ****ing Omelet
Did it have bacon on the side?

Honestly, i would host toruneys and put forth the effort to find venues in madison, being that madison is near the center of the state. Buttttt.....I get high and forget, or just get lazy because im too stoned to go outside in the cold.

maybe in the summer.

/ my FC is in my profile now!!!!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
With Brawl out and summer on the horizon, WI needs some people to step up and host some good tournaments to get the new scene going. There are a lot of new players, a lot of new techniques to be learned, and a lot of friends to fight for :ike:

If we can get one big WI tournament for each month in summer, that ought to give the scene a much needed jump start. Lonejedi and I have already agreed to pair up to host a tourney someplace in the Fox Cities in mid-June. I also am finalizing details on HJ5 for late August. That just leaves July, with the most preferable time being the middle of the month to keep all three tournaments evenly spaced. We're looking to spread out the location a bit, and host something in either central WI to make things easier for MN, or southern WI for IL/IN. And no matter where it is, all of WI should be trying to make each tourney :bee:

So, what lone and I need is a third person to work with us on these tournaments, and find a good venue in their area for mid-July. We're both respected tourney hosts with a wide range of experience; if three people can work together on the same level, our combined efforts should provide for some really well-run tournaments.

So, who's up for this? Hayate, Quaz, anyone??

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Yah, Like Spikes said, we need to get the smash scene in Wisconsin going. I know alotof you want to go to tournies, but they are either too far. So Spikes and I, as he earlier stated, want to get some tournies going. We're looking at a big summer for Wisconsin. A tourney each month, and alot of fun too.

But we're going to need help. We're looking at dates right now, but it looks like My tourney in appleton will be in June, followed by a tourney in July, and then one in August. We need someone who can host at a good venue, that will be ablet attract alot of smashers. But we also need suggestions, as this is the first time WI is holding a realtourney, we'regoing to need to figure out rules, and such. That's where you guys come in. We need suggestions and ideas about alot of things. I'd like to hear from someWIsmashers who haven't been posting that much. It seems as if most of WIis never on these boards.

So what say you guys?

Quaz

Smash Master
I will give it a shot on trying to run a tourney, I just dunno if Im even trustworthy now that my other one got canceled.. I dont even want to cancel another tourney again.

Sago

Smash Lord
ill try to host a tournament in madison in july, im going to look into a venue and maybe this local gamestore to sponsor it alittle bit, no one else in madison will host one because there all lazy :|

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Local game stores are generally a bad venue to be honest. We've all been to them, and there's always something sketchy. Take CC3-CC5 at Chimeras. We were not treated with respect, we were robbed of 10% of our pot, we were forced to take the tournament elsewhere because of time, and we were not given enough space for what we needed. Then take a look at CC6, where we had a nice venue, no one breathing down our necks, ample space for plenty of setups, and a small venue fee that meant no pot stealing. Then there's the Odiez tournaments in racilla, where you had to pay a cover fee at the door, and then were forced to throw out any food you brought in which left you the choice of being hungry or overpaying for a bad frozen pizza. Lets not even start with the gamestop brawl tournaments :bee:

That being said, Sago I recommend you take some caution when lining up a venue.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
I'm too young and ******** to run one so no from me, that and I have no venues in my area and a lot of annoying tourists.

sorry guys

ES: you have an obsession with ike don't you

Zicore

Smash Champion
myself and cosmo will try and find a sweet spot. There are plenty of places for one. Will be looking into it. But I have been wanting to host one for quite a while, and apart from FBT1, Central WI has done jack ****, other then have Cosmo and Hayate do good and stuffs. But I shall find a location, and it will be good.

Top Bottom