• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
Hi guys, new here.

Anyone near Elkhorn? I have been a smasher on and off for the past few years, but am starting to get back into it as a more dedicated hobby. I have lurked around on this site a few times in the past, but finally just decided to join and hopefully meet some fellow players in the area.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
Wow, I was not expecting a reply that quickly, thanks for the link! Do you know of any events or groups near us?

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago are the 3 big areas for Smash "near" us. Madison usually hosts weekly fests on Thursday nights. Milwaukee has a bi-weekly tournament (which is happening right now actually) that are also on Thursdays. Chicago has a weekly event called Wavedash Wednesday which is a fest/tournament at a small venue. That same venue also hosts monthly tournaments. The next one is Exposure 9 on April 26th.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
Yeah, those are the main areas I was hearing about, just thought i'd double check. Unfortunately I have no friends to play against, and I really have not had my skill tested against another human in years. I'll definitely be making an appearance at one of them in the near future, and hopefully I will become a regular.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, kinda short notice, but I just wanted to drop in and see if anyone would be interested in coming down to Dubuque for our 2v2 tournament on May 10th. Includes PM, Melee (w/Melee team auction!), UMVC3, SF4, 3rd Strike, Towerfall, and Mystery, and ALL of those games are 2v2 only. Also includes a Mario Kart Double Dash Royal Rumble using a LAN'd up 8-player simultaneous setup (our only non-team option, but it's 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1).

Not exactly Wisconsin, but not too far away (Dubuque IA, 90 miles from Madison), and half of the venue fee (and 10% of each tournament pot) goes to the U of Iowa Children's Hospital.

https://www.facebook.com/events/545450468907238/

Last edited:

darkatma

Smash Hero
Frootloop, Sanchaz, Mundugu and peeps, you guys should come out to St. Louis for Toasted Ravs 4 on 5/10!
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-10-2014-toasted-ravs-4-st-louis-mo.353260/#post-16689092

It's a 5.5 hour trip for you guys but St. Louis can offer housing for all you guys for Friday and Saturday. We're having Dart, Andale, Kels, MattR, Deku, and myself so far for the heavy hitters, and a ton of local talent as well. We're getting people from Chicago, Southern IL, Columbia, Rolla, St. Louis, KC, and AR and NE pending.

Last Toasted Ravs had 92 entrants overall, and we're hoping to break that record.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Mundungu, you're a man after my own heart.

Hope to see some of you guys at DBQ BBQ this Saturday. Preparing an extra special Mystery tourney just for this. :D

Mundungu

Smash Lord
So who all is going to Iowa tomorrow? I think we might need 2 cars if a bunch of people are interested. So far I think we have me Frootloop, Alex, and Steven.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for coming down for DBQ BBQ 6 yesterday. Giant copy/paste from the results page below, but I wanted to say that I personally owe you guys that Double Dash tournament. Next Madison tournament that I'm able to make, I'll be there with two CRTs, two cubes, 8 controllers, and the will to run Double Dash Royal Rumble.

(Copy/paste from FB page for DBQ BBQ 6)

First off, an apology for not being able to finish everything by 7. I could throw out a lot of excuses, but when it comes down to it I should plan for that sort of thing. I'm going to forever be sad that Mystery ended early in particular and that Double Dash didn't get to happen. Next year, I'll take everything I learned this year and make sure DBQ BBQ 7 is the 2v2 event you deserve.

Second, huge thanks to everyone for helping Jeremy out at the end of the day with setting that room back to normal. That put a smile on my face, especially since I'd like to use that spot again next year if possible. Any place within walking distance of food is worth it in my book. Also, obvious thanks to Jeremy for manning the microphone most of the day and being a huge help in keeping things moving along.

And third, we ended up raising $200 for the U of I Children's Hospital at the tournament thanks to the 29 entrants and 10% from each pot. So in addition to having fun, you all helped donate a bit of money to a good cause, and I thank you all for that.

Results

Towerfall (9 teams)
1st - Michael/Jeremy
2nd - Blank/Blake
3rd - Matt/Alex
4th - Kerahime/Steve

SF4 (8 teams)
1st - Blank/Blake
2nd - Jay/Renee
3rd - Charlie/Curtis
4th - Travis/Figgy

Melee (5 teams)
1st - Sanchez/Frootloop
2nd - Mundungu/Kerahime
3rd - Kenneth/Richardo
4th - Gary/Blank

3rd Strike (5 teams)
1st - James/M.C.
2nd - Blake/Curtis
3rd - Charlie/Rob
4th - Travis/Figgy

UMVC3 (9 teams)
1st - Sanchez/Frootloop
2nd - Adam/M.C.
3rd - Joker/Blake
4th - Gary/Blank

Project M (6 teams)
1st - Joker/Blank
2nd - Richardo/Kenneth
3rd - Frootloop/Steve
4th - Mundungu/Kerahime

Mystery (11 teams) (Unfinished)
1st - Kerahime/Steve
2nd (3 way tie) - Blank/Blake, Kenneth/Richardo, Matt/Alex

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Thanks for hosting, it was fun. Next time we won't have different teams in every event, which should make things run much smoother.

Anyone else interested in the Milwaukee tournament this weekend?

Last edited:

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Probs going. I just don't know if I want to ride with you or not. More likely yes (count me in for now). After this week, I'll be much less busy. Like to get back into melee again. Mainly to play Falco.

I'm going to stop blaming myself on what I can't do, and focus on what I can do. Then do the things I can't do. Yeah it sounds corny, so what!

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Was it Kenneth that was playing Yoshi at BBQ? I want a 1v1 Yoshi mirror against that guy. Friendly or $10 money match, don't care. Was too fun and I thirst for more Yoshi v Yoshi. Haven't got to do that since the few times I got to play against Tacoom, and that was like 7 years ago.

[quote="sanchaz, post: 16742322, member: 16530]
I'm going to stop blaming myself on what I can't do, and focus on what I can do. Then do the things I can't do. Yeah it sounds corny, so what![/quote]
This is what people should always do. Approval.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfgtYdoLEc&feature=youtu.be

Nebraska is having an all 4 smash games plus Dance Dance Revolution ITG tournament May 31st, ya'll should come

Free, HUGE venue, we had a good turnout the last few times and it's looking like it might be much larger than the last Roll Tier.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1488899877989349/?ref_notif_type=plan_user_joined&source=1

Smashboards (with full rules and pictures of venue): http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...tion-all-4-smash-games-ddr-bellevue-ne.353806

Please come!

Landry

Smash Ace
Hey guys! I'm back in Madison for the summer so I'm hoping to start coming out to smashfests and tourneys again. Do you guys still play once a week?

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm the same guy. I'm pretty much free anytime since it's summer and job hunting hasn't been going too well.

I should mention I only play p:m and melee though

Last edited:
Top Bottom