• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Mundungu

Smash Lord
ok i wont be there i will be building a cage for a monitor lizard and watching packers vs da bears. perhaps we can quink in the future. i havent touched a controller since i farmed noobs at daisho con in mid november.
That's good, you gotta get your Blast Corps game in tip top shape for SDA :bee: I saw you and Cosmo are gonna play like all night Saturday, gl guys!

Sorry I couldn't make it to Quinkfest, I'll make the next one for sure (assuming its on the 14/15th). I'll get you your hat prob next thursday Exarch.

yo real talk, ill prolly drop puff for marth at this smashfest

puffs wavedash/grab range is poop
. . . Exarch, I have a theory. You say melee players play Ike in Brawl, I say brawl players play jiggs/marth for melee o.0 Although, I am never using jiggs again.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Me and Red Ryu MM'd in melee and timed out. brawlplayurz4lyph

also melee is a bad game, brawl is better. no trollmo. Despite this, (peach/falcon aside) melee is a very fun game at times :] playing puff gives me orgasms

still dont know how to fight peach... curse you red ryu and brinstar

shoutouts! (lol)
BFAA-you dont even play melee why did you go to this. ln2tekskill
quaz-for hosting. and making pizza
sanchaz-from what i saw you looked like the best person there. keep it up, fun playing you
sink(:troll:)-you look like a mixture of quaz and triple r. also stop dying
culvers-legit player, fun games
jordan-fur driving meh D:
red ryu-**** peach lol. hopefully i never have to play you in bracket. peach is sooooo gaaaaaay

Luck maybe Ace?

Now, could someone tell me that Sync used his wii to play textures on melee right? He has ignored me anytime I brought this subject up. I merely want to make sure this is possible and I am not dreaming. Already have brawl ready for textures and stuff.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
That's good, you gotta get your Blast Corps game in tip top shape for SDA :bee: I saw you and Cosmo are gonna play like all night Saturday, gl guys!

Sorry I couldn't make it to Quinkfest, I'll make the next one for sure (assuming its on the 14/15th). I'll get you your hat prob next thursday Exarch.
That's Smashing grounds (15th)
WI should go!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Peach vs Puff is stupid, takes forever.

I had a fun time, I hope to do this again.

TY to everyone.

. . . Exarch, I have a theory. You say melee players play Ike in Brawl, I say brawl players play jiggs/marth for melee o.0 Although, I am never using jiggs again.
Nah, Roy da bess.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
*Curious why Kenni likes brawl better*
*Assumes it's mostly trolling*

Erik: Jason definitely had Melee textures on his Wii.

Ryan: Roy vs Fox isn't as bad for Roy as you thought... no? GGs though. Pretty even in that matchup between us I thought. (Did you think otherwise? :-/) I really think Roy has a huge untapped potential for combos and punishment.

Red: Good to meet you. Peach vs Puff is stupid, but M2 Kirby is pretty bad too. CF is pretty rough, but all of those fast characters tend to be really hard on newer melee players... and everyone else.

Kenni: I don't think I played you at all.

Sponge: We teamed I think, and were awesome.

Frank: On average you're pretty good. But then you have moments of glory where I'm just shocked. Stop being so good. Or keep being that good and team with me at tourneys. :awesome:

Mike: You make great adjustments in games that we play. A lot of our matches (specifically with me as fox,) I started out destroying you but you would bring back and make close--aka you started destroying me. I need more general practice against your peach! (Cause I'm terrible against peach.)

Jason: BYYYAAAAAAAD. :denzel: *shrug* Don't have anything better to say. Great seeing you though!!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
No shoutouts when I was bored out of my mind.

Anyways, Melee's a really dumb game, the physics are just really neat, despite making little sense at times. I'll probably use Melee when I want to **** around with that and that's about it. Also Exarch, I definitely didn't play teams. Melee teams are dumber than Melee itself. Case in point, your guys' fox quads.

I dunno, I might go to another one, Melee just isn't fun competitively. I've never enjoyed a set against someone who actually knows even MILDLY what they're doing. The feeling of not being given any options after the first hit confirm other than hold a direction and spam the C-stick sure is great, especially when I'm sent off the top 4 stocks in a row the exact same way each with different DI.

I enjoy having the ability to think my stock through and not have to know every single high tier's overpowered gimmicks and counter them with my own. That's for Brawl-.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Ah, I swapped Kenni and you. Sorry guys >_>
The fox quads were pretty hilarious.

And your analysis of Melee is similar to how I thought it would be. It is an incredibly fast game that is very easy to be overwhelmed in. Don't be too discouraged if it happens.

Do you have other options in brawl after getting hit? Melee there's DI, smash DI, aerial out, airdodge, or jump out. From what I understand brawl has the same options. Yes in melee "getting hit" usually means more percentage (and more than one hit,) but that's why there's more stocks, and also why games tend to be shorter.

I'm very confused by the last sentence though. vBrawl's high tiers also have overpowered gimmicks that you have to know how to counter with your own character. MK's tornado-planking-gimping; Snake's ftilt-grenades; Diddy Kong's banana's; Falco's CG-blaster-overb; etc. Even characters like GW, DK, and Sonic have a number of game changing gimmicks that you need to be prepared for before the match. Hell even Ganon has chainchoking and flightofganon brokenness... hah just kidding. And this is coming from a guy who has very limited brawl knowledge, I'm sure I could go on if I knew more about it. You already know how to counter them so it doesn't seem like as much work or as unfair to you.

The point is, knowing how to counter overpowered gimmicks is just as much a part of brawl as it is with melee.

I offically like Melee as a better competitive game compared to brawl. I still like brawl more though because it is more my pace.

Also, that fushion glitch thing is weird.
Edit: Dang typos.

ORLY

Smash Master
I didn't realize WI was so full of johns. Are you guys coming down for Smashing Grounds on the 15th?

Don't let MI show you up! ;D

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm definitely interested in smashing grounds Exarch. I think there's going to be Quinkfest 2 the night before. If that's still happening, I'm totally in.

john!

Smash Hero
so i dabbled a bit today in competitive pokemon. basically my strat was to have smeargle baton pass a belly drum to a scizor with three priority moves. it *****.

The feeling of not being given any options after the first hit confirm other than hold a direction and spam the C-stick sure is great, especially when I'm sent off the top 4 stocks in a row the exact same way each with different DI.
this is weird because the thing that really turned me off from brawl was the inescapable chaingrabs that falco/ddd/pika/ics/etc. have. then you've got these crazy priority characters who have these frame perfect invincible moves or whatever... some of the stuff in that game just seems over the top, especially because the limited control over your character makes it harder to get around it. i probably haven't played enough to learn though, lol.

**** yes.

so i dabbled a bit today in competitive pokemon. basically my strat was to have smeargle baton pass a belly drum to a scizor with three priority moves. it *****.

this is weird because the thing that really turned me off from brawl was the inescapable chaingrabs that falco/ddd/pika/ics/etc. have. then you've got these crazy priority characters who have these frame perfect invincible moves or whatever... some of the stuff in that game just seems over the top, especially because the limited control over your character makes it harder to get around it. i probably haven't played enough to learn though, lol.

**** yes.
I wish shotty battle worked for me :(

lol Falco has invincible moves alright. This is from the ledge.
Under 100%
GU 34 frames; invincible frames 1-30
Over 100%
GU 59 frames; invincible frames 1-55

Adding that one as a texture hack for my wii then.

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
I feel that brawl gives too many defensive options to the point that approaching is always bad choice. As a result, when I think of top level brawl matches, I picture 2 characters standing at opposite sides of the stage lobbing projectiles at each other trying to convince the other to approach by saying such phrases as "come at me bro!" and "show me your moves!". My brain says this isn't really how brawl matches go down, but in my heart I believe it to be true.

edit: still working on how metaknight fits into all that. Also, turns out the match in my head has already been played and put on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijsuAnngSY.

@xeylode: is your sig a reminder to yourself on which characters to play when you play smash bros?

Wafles

Smash Lord
I feel that brawl gives too many defensive options to the point that approaching is always bad choice. As a result, when I think of top level brawl matches, I picture 2 characters standing at opposite sides of the stage lobbing projectiles at each other trying to convince the other to approach by saying such phrases as "come at me bro!" and "show me your moves!". My brain says this isn't really how brawl matches go down, but in my heart I believe it to be true.

edit: still working on how metaknight fits into all that. Also, turns out the match in my head has already been played and put on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijsuAnngSY.

@xeylode: is your sig a reminder to yourself on which characters to play when you play smash bros?
That match is ****ing terrible lol.
I dont understand the mindset behind camping THAT hard when you're losing. <_< I mean obviously it wasnt working

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
John, did the other guy not have a Phazer?

And Xeylode, shoddy generation 4 server is gone. Just go to the TeamUber server.

If anyone ever wants to play Pokemon let me know a time, I'm Lights_Out_Ace there, too. I don't play generation 5, yet, though.

Top Bottom