• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Zamus?

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Lol this thread is hilarious!
I main ZSS mostly because you have to develop and learn to play her. You can't just pick up a controller and be good in a week or two. It takes true skill to be good at playing ZSS. I really hate characters who have alot of cheap moves. Plus as others say she just fits with my style of play(in that her speed makes up for my lack of reaction speed while playing).

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
well, honestly, shes good, but i have poor control over her.

so, unlike almost everyone else, i prefer her original power suit.

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
Lol this thread is hilarious!
I main ZSS mostly because you have to develop and learn to play her. You can't just pick up a controller and be good in a week or two. It takes true skill to be good at playing ZSS. I really hate characters who have alot of cheap moves. Plus as others say she just fits with my style of play(in that her speed makes up for my lack of reaction speed while playing).
You can say that about pretty much any character lol.

I play her because she reminds me of Melee, and I find it funny that her ftilt trips people.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
Brawl is so easy though. It's not like there's anything to learn how to do, just don't get hit and hit them.
I agree to a certain extent. True it's easy to pick up, and more casual gamers can play it without feeling completely incompetent...but it's somewhat hard to master...specifically if you want implement advanced techniques and compete in competitive circuits of any degree.

A character like Zamus though, isn't entirely user friendly...she definitely requires a lot of dedication to learn and play.

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
I agree to a certain extent. True it's easy to pick up, and more casual gamers can play it without feeling completely incompetent...but it's somewhat hard to master...specifically if you want implement advanced techniques and compete in competitive circuits of any degree.

A character like Zamus though, isn't entirely user friendly...she definitely requires a lot of dedication to learn and play.
I don't think there are any advanced techniques in Brawl D:.
If you've played Melee competitively, then there is absolutely nothing in Brawl that will challenge you, that goes for reading and punishing as well.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
because samus is AWESOME. only, with her power suit she SUCKS in brawl, so i just stick to zamus now (i miss power suit from melee...)

SOLiD-SONiC

Smash Rookie
because she speaks english in both versions of brawl (i think)
my friend owned with zss and i got inspiration from her.
zamus is a fricken ninja.
oh, and she's hot, totally.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Cause she's easy to use for me. And to all the people who think she's hot go to video's in metriod prime hunters and go to the last one, she's over 30 years old, so she's had some work done!

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
Cause she's easy to use for me. And to all the people who think she's hot go to video's in metriod prime hunters and go to the last one, she's over 30 years old, so she's had some work done!
because she speaks english in both versions of brawl (i think)
my friend owned with zss and i got inspiration from her.
zamus is a fricken ninja.
oh, and she's hot, totally.
I will personally seek out the next person who puts "She's hot" as a reason, joke or not, and flay them.

your free to doa as youd like with them :bee:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
How come a thirty-year-old need work done? She gets a lot of exercise and presumably eats right; there's no reason she shouldn't be fine, even up into her fifties.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
How come a thirty-year-old need work done? She gets a lot of exercise and presumably eats right; there's no reason she shouldn't be fine, even up into her fifties.
If she was a full time bounty hunter she would be stressed out, so her eyes would bag etc. Oh and pink-eye I was saying she is sorta a faker or a wanna be hottie, so why do I get to end up like a fish? Really I was one of the few people who said she would probably be a... um thing you use to catch a fish not a worm but what you put the worm on with an er.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If she was a full time bounty hunter she would be stressed out, so her eyes would bag etc.
You don't know much about exfoliating and moisturizing, do you? Samus has enough time in her busy schedule to condition her hair regularly, judging by its volume and bounce. I doubt it would be much more work to exercise basic facial hygiene. Besides, she needs to make sure all of her bounty hunting profits go to making ends meet, and luxuries like plastic surgery are out. Hygiene is justifiable because of its health benefits. She might as well do everything she can to keep her body in shape as long as possible.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If she was a full time bounty hunter she would be stressed out, so her eyes would bag etc.

I...don't even want to imagine that. She would likely have some sort of mental condition as well, not severe, but very vivid memories of blasting aliens to bits.

As for using her, I like how floaty she is compared to other characters, and the stage spikes are always fun. I like how you can get someone that isn't used to her armor to around 50% with ease in the beggining, and I like characters that a lot of people don't use. ;)

(with the exception of Dedede)

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
I...don't even want to imagine that. She would likely have some sort of mental condition as well, not severe, but very vivid memories of blasting aliens to bits.

Thanks DDD I win the arguement now thanks to you! Who would think a psycho is hot? " Oh snake I love you" said samus, " eeek" screamed samus, bam goes the charge shot and down goes snake. How would you live with someone who shoots everything she sees? Ok sorry for being mean and sorry for going off topic ( but it's so fun!)

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
she was raised by aliens at 3 when her parents were killed. she wants to blast them to bits. and she doesnt shoot everything, she kept a metroid as a pet once, (SMet2). and when ppl are shooting at you, you shoot back.

You don't know much about exfoliating and moisturizing, do you? Samus has enough time in her busy schedule to condition her hair regularly, judging by its volume and bounce. I doubt it would be much more work to exercise basic facial hygiene.
assuming she goes on missions for weeks, if not months, there should be something in her suit or gunship doing that

Besides, she needs to make sure all of her bounty hunting profits go to making ends meet, and luxuries like plastic surgery are out. Hygiene is justifiable because of its health benefits. She might as well do everything she can to keep her body in shape as long as possible.
she did get that surgery in fusion, and can afford multiple gunships.
on that note, metroids have tight membranes and if she has metroid dna it might affect it, same with the chozo dna

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Ok

I'm done now, I've been outplayed. Who wants to go ruin sonic the hedge hog on drugs?:laugh: Then again samus isn't over yet, how does anyone know she doesn't blast everything to bits in the next game, it's not like there's a crystal ball that tells you what games will be coming out?

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
Then again samus isn't over yet, how does anyone know she doesn't blast everything to bits in the next game, it's not like there's a crystal ball that tells you what games will be coming out?
she gets pissed when someone else blasts things to bits, and any fps will include limited ammo in some way. wasted ammo is a bounty hunters' epic failure. but a nervous infection might.

i just realized, this is way off topic:laugh:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
she was raised by aliens at 3 when her parents were killed. she wants to blast them to bits. and she doesnt shoot everything, she kept a metroid as a pet once, (SMet2). and when ppl are shooting at you, you shoot back.

Not to raise an argument, but I never said anything about her shooting everything she sees.
So no need to try to like...lecture me. I just feel offended by that, you make it sound like I never played a Metroid game before. :)

Also, what made you decide you wanted to use her? I mean for most characters, (example) Dedede, I was like, awesome, i'll beat everyone with a fat penguin!

Anyway, with Zero Suit I chose her because I want to get decent with everyone, and well I decided to start with Zero Suit. Just random, I swear! :laugh:

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
^sry, i interpreted it wrong, but i dont see how she'd go crazy otherwise

back to topic, my answer is on page 2

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
why do i play zamus???
look at her!
she is the most sexiest charakter since priscilla in fe 7 and zelda in ocarina of time.
thats my reason why i play here but i like her style to play, there could be things that would make her better but i have to come up with what is given to us.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That is a much better use of the Gary's Mod Zamus that that crappy spam thread a week ago.

Top Bottom