• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why will you main Zamus?

Sideem Slingh

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I find the idea of a mix between whip-range and sheik-like moves awesome. Her Down B just looks the coolest, even if it is a little useless, and she definitely looks mid-upper tier to me. Her combo possibilities also make me happy. Maybe a little weak and light, but the moveset definitely draws me in, especially her airs. My last reason? Well, it's the most obvious and least respectable reason :p

What about you other Zamus mainers? Why do you want to play as her?

Loveless

Smash Rookie
Claw makes her combo's look simple in his videos. My best was probably falco and I am actually disapointed he is less clonish. Depends if I could get used to his new reflector, but I'll most likely main her if her combos are as simple to do as they seem. Reminds me of Sheik in the last game and that's who I learned to play the game with.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I want to play as Zero Suit Samus because she is sexy as hell, and you know I'd like a piece of that ***.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
I've always like SAmus and player her in Melee, but I was more playing her because I liked the character and not the moveset. Fast characters are more what I like in a moveset (in melee, Falco, Marth, Fox)

Now it seems I can play a fast Samus :)

Oh and yea, she's hot.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im going to main her because she has a really unique move-set. Whip/ stun shots into combus/ a DOWN B THAT REPLACES THE T-Recovery DOWN FALL!

And one thing I reallly like about her is how everyone is over looking her. I hope to main Pitt too and I hope to the gaming goddess that he only ends up mid to high mid tier. I don't want to be seen as apart of the crowd who simply uses a character because their top tier so I hope all the characters I want to main (save Sonic. . .really, he needs some kinda new claim to fame other than having crap games and being a prime example of how to f*** up a long lived series) end up mid tier.

UnderDogs kick a** and make you feel soo much better when stumping a top teir!

And the looks would only play a part if this game had realistic jiggle for her and the Princesses.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Well, in my case, I wanna play as her because she looks so cool! :grin:

I've long known that Samus Aran is one of the best female game heroes ever created, but since her Power Suit makes her look like a genderless robot, I've had problems relating to her.

Needless to say, Zero Suit Samus was my favorite of the newcomers in the very first "Brawl" trailer (remember that one?).

True Fool

Smash Ace
I've always liked Samus. And she's tied for the sexiest character in Smash...
marth

I also really like the looks of how the whip works in play. Looks really fun to play as, and potentially good.

Enyo

Smash Rookie
From what I've read and heard, she's kinda like Melee's Sheik... but sorta different, with a focus on that whip. I'm playing Brawl for my first time tomorrow, so I'll be sure to check her out right after Lucario. :p

k4polo

Smash Journeyman

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sheik was my favorite from the beginning of Melee, before any tiers or anything. I want to try new characters, and ZSS seems like a pretty simple transition. She looks potent, and if I can use Samus effectively first, then completely change my fighting style mid-match by switching to Zero... I could do some real damage. But, that'll come with time.

Yes, yes, we all get it that she's smoking, but I don't care about that. I won't be gawking at her while I'm whipping other characters' @$$es (no pun intended).

Xeiros

Smash Cadet
I've never played the game like most others here, but from the impressions I've read and videos watched she looks like a lot of just plain fun to use. I love how fluidly she moves and attacks and I'm able to see myself taking advantage of her entire move set.

She also looks like she could be a pretty nasty team player using her long reach and stunner to set up stronger characters most vicious attacks.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've never played the game like most others here, but from impression I've read and videos watched she looks like a lot of just plain fun to use. I love how fluidly she moves and attacks and I'm able to see myself taking advantage of her entire move set.

She also looks like she could be a pretty nasty team player using her long reach and stunner to set up stronger characters most vicous attacks.
Nice choice of words. :laugh:

ShardZ

Smash Cadet
I got to play Brawl for a good 10ish hrs on friday and, although I didn't get to play as some of the unlockable chars like ROB, I'm pretty sure my main in Brawl will be either Peach or ZSS. Peach was my main in melee and she's even more fun to play as now imo, but ZSS is just awesome - shenanigans with throwing her suit at the beginning of the round, range, good speed without being difficult to control, stun -> throw brokesauce, etc.. and oh yeah, nice bonus that she's hawt. I mean.. she takes off her clothes and throws them at you then starts whipping you.

Willing to bet a LOT of ppl will pick her up once they get their hands on the game, she's just too awesome/fun :D

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be really interested in seeing the skill comparison of the mainers here who are pennis motivated and the intellectually motivated Zero mainers ... in about 3 month's time. I wonder if any of you can guess the general result...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

For all of the "pennis motivated" out there.

Meanwhile, I'll be one of the "intellectually motivated" ones, I hope. Anyone who's actually *serious* when saying he's maining her for her looks... you need help.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
i main her cuz Ganon has seemed to be a Big Fail for me this time around, and bcuz Peach seems to be more of a struggler, and she is just a Sick Character to accompany ROB and Wario

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
I had to put two n's or it would have stared it out ... but seriously dude ... you are going to kill some of those people with that box art

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I had to put two n's or it would have stared it out ... but seriously dude ... you are going to kill some of those people with that box art
Oh lol sorry I put the quotes to show you said it, not to mock how you wrote it. I know it bleeps it out. But, I stumbled across the image when looking for a good image of her to use in my sig, so I thought I'd give some lucky boys out there something to... well, you know.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
lol well judging by the shear number of these boys ... I expect smash world forums to be down because of traffic tomorrow thanks to your box art

lol - thanks that was pretty funny

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
lol

Well, back to the point of the thread... This may sound stupid but hear me out. I'm actually upset that so many people are suddenly wanting to main ZSS. At first, she was kind of a "wtf?" character because she didn't seem to have much going for her, and by most accounts, was a downgrade from Samus. Now suddenly someone has mastered her- well, as "mastered" as possible over a span of a couple weeks, he's just really, really good with her- and she's the new popular pick. When Melee came out, I fell in love with Sheik, and of the people I played with, everyone knew Sheik was my character, she was my best. Then I started going to tournaments... and yeah, I don't use Sheik at those anymore, because EVERYONE uses her. Now not only does Zamus attract the raging hormones of all the adolescent boys, but the way to play with her has become a lot more obvious. I have a feeling my two favorites for Brawl- Sonic and Zamus- are going to be used way too much by little fanboys and little horndogs, respectfully.

Regardless, though, unless she becomes "god tier" and everyone uses her, I can safely assume she'll be a main of mine.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Well, back to the point of the thread... This may sound stupid but hear me out. I'm actually upset that so many people are suddenly wanting to main ZSS. At first, she was kind of a "wtf?" character because she didn't seem to have much going for her, and by most accounts, was a downgrade from Samus. Now suddenly someone has mastered her- well, as "mastered" as possible over a span of a couple weeks, he's just really, really good with her- and she's the new popular pick. When Melee came out, I fell in love with Sheik, and of the people I played with, everyone knew Sheik was my character, she was my best. Then I started going to tournaments... and yeah, I don't use Sheik at those anymore, because EVERYONE uses her. Now not only does Zamus attract the raging hormones of all the adolescent boys, but the way to play with her has become a lot more obvious. I have a feeling my two favorites for Brawl- Sonic and Zamus- are going to be used way too much by little fanboys and little horndogs, respectfully.
Switch to good ol' suited Samus. She's getting pretty lonely.

ShardZ

Smash Cadet
Anyone who's actually *serious* when saying he's maining her for her looks... you need help.
*shrug* not the case for me, but I see nothing wrong with this. It's not even close to the first char that's happened with and it doesn't automatically mean they'll be bad with the char. aside from being hawt though, she's gotta be at least upper-mid tier and she's SUPER fun so expect to see lots of ppl using her.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Main reason being that I am a Metroid fanatic so I love using Samus naturally, but after using her enough times I think she has a lot of potential. You can pull off a lot of combo's with her, the whip has so many uses from sending people flying to sending them straight down which makes combo's easy. She's got great aerial attacks as well, and she can paralyse people! Awesome character.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Samus was basically one of my mains in melee and 64 but got nerfed for this game.

I was happy to see ZSS plays a BIT the same, and looks much better than Samus....

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
*shrug* not the case for me, but I see nothing wrong with this. It's not even close to the first char that's happened with and it doesn't automatically mean they'll be bad with the char. aside from being hawt though, she's gotta be at least upper-mid tier and she's SUPER fun so expect to see lots of ppl using her.
I agree!

I don't see anything wrong with liking a character for his/her looks, as long as it's not the ONLY thing you like about him/her ('cause that would be shallow, of course ;)).

One of the major reasons Marth is one of my mains in "Melee" and will continue to be one of my mains in "Brawl" is because I think he's really cute (:chuckle:), but that's not the only reason I like him. :)

[/offtopic]

Top Bottom