• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why will you main Zamus?

Nightsorrow

Smash Rookie
I was originally going to play link as I've played him from the first game but I love Zamus air game so much combined with her unique melee moves.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Back in the day before I even knew about the smash community I thought Sheik was the best character in the game, but brawl is a new game and with all of Sheik nerffing she is no longer the best at least not in my eyes.

Zammus as a whole looks to me have more potential then Sheik ever did in Melee and yet has all of the high-speed combativeness I’ve so enjoyed prior with Sheik. She seems to be a better choice for a main and that's why I'm sadly switching.

I’ll still play with Sheik but if things continue to stand as they are now odds are she’s going to fall down to my third with only Zammus and Zelda above her.

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
1.I love her speed.
2.I for some reason have a knack for maining women characters(don't ask but in all fighting games the characters I end up being good with are women)
3.I love how she bas the best of short and long range fighting. She can fight well up close and from a far.
4.Above average(though not the best) recovery.
5.I like whips(hah!)

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
Because I only play as sexy characters (see also: Falcon, Snake, Zelda, Wario)
**sings** One of these things is not like the other one. One of these just doesn't belong. One of these things is not like the other one! Which one could it be..........

Anyways, I main her because she's unique, fun, challenging at times but still powerful. She has a floaty Shiek feel but isn't quite her. I kill at one-on-one. The only reason I EVER use Pit instead of her is because I HATE her final smash (power-suit Samus can roll over and die) and because I own completely as Pit.

p.s. I only use pink Zamus. The other colors don't work for me...

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna try to be original or anything. I use her because she's hot.
And because I mained Samus before, but she just feels so nerfed now.

...Come to think of it, I think I mained Samus back then simply because Zamus was announced and I wanted to get better at Samus so that I could main Zamus.
Wow. That's pretty ironic.
No need to be modest, I wanna get good with zamus simply because zamus is a sexy pile of polygons, plus my roster of character choices needs some effeminacy. Bowser, sonic, yoshi, ike, falco and Meta knight, definitely need to have at least one female character in there.

silvertalon215

Smash Rookie
I personally will be maining Zamus 'cause I have always enjoyed the Metroid games and have also used Samus in SSB64. It would be fun to try something new.

Angewomon

Smash Apprentice
Well, my reasons:

1. The skills of ZSSamus in Brawl are awesome.

2. Zero Mission is my favourite Metroid game (I enjoyed the final showdown in Chozodia).

3. I prefer seiing Samus without her space suit.

4. I´m in love with her (LOL).

StarScarJenova

Smash Rookie
Zamus is now my main. I was going back and forth between Wolf, Snake, Link and Zamus. Wolf is too powerful, I don't like that. Snake, too technical. Link, got boring, and Zamus, well, a good mix of tech, speed, range and fun factor. She's my main, hands down.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Well, I gotta say I really like Sonic at this point, but ZSS is right up there.

I like her because I like how she relies so heavily on long range, I like how her smashes are long range, plus, since she isn't even on the character select screen, many people underestimate and forget her.

Edit: i iz a gud spellr

lazerwolf

Smash Rookie
i main zamus because my friend is a slacker and hasn't unlocked jigglypuff yet haha but aside from that i really like zamus's ability to play every kind of mindgame out there whether its defensive, aggressive or counter she's got a good moveset to handle everything. plus hitting with >B is just so gratifying

animul

Smash Rookie
Samus is no longer the range beast she was in melee so I feel that ZSS is a fresh Main to dive into.

feyth

Smash Rookie
Personally, I love speedy, agile characters. When I first saw Samus' Final Smash I was worried that Zamus would be just a sort of drawback to using Zero Laser.
Wrong!

I really do enjoy playing her. I love her Plasma Whip thing and the stun ability. My friend hates it.

PaulLuigi

Smash Rookie
My game is all about speed and reach, and she's got a ton of both.

Combine those with a great recovery, sick edge guarding potential, good power (esp. with plasma whip) and you've got an incredibly versatile character with a lot of strengths.
---
www.rivermanmedia.com

DashNoob

Smash Cadet
Speed,range. I mained Marth because of that in Melee, til everybody and their DOG used him cuz it was "teh xit" so i had to use Ness cuz I like the gamestyle of that little fella.

Now that we know marth is still a beast so it will be plaged by bandwagon-ers I tried using Ike, but even tho i got fairly good he has NOT the speed i would like. Enter Zamus.

BAd Thing I realized this like 4 days ago, and i lost in a tourney cuz i was learning...dang I just learned the ^b attack can whip foe right to the floor like what..yesterday?

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone maining Zamus NOT use her final smash for the sake of staying as Zamus? I have just been taking smash balls in order to prevent anyone else from getting it but intentionally not using it, since my Samus is pretty weak and I just generally don't enjoy playing as her. Also it seems to me like Zamus' final smash isn't really all that great anyway.
Yeah, that's what my strategy is now. :)

I've even got a named for it: "DENIED!" :laugh: ;)

samusaranshomey

Smash Rookie
samus

SAMUS IS MY DREAM GIRL!!!!!! OH MY GOD SHES HOT!!!!! sorry for that freak out but... id do stuff to samus!!!:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:p:p:psycho::psycho::chuckle::chuckle:

Garde

Smash Ace
I chose to main Zamus because I think she's got a great personality and we share a lot of common interests (like shooting guns, piloting space ships, killing space pirates, etc.). I think we could spend countless hours enjoying eachother's company just talking and hanging out, getting to know each other better and forming a great friendship...

[/joke]

Honestly, the first time she popped up in the original trailer, I was SO stoked that they put her in. I stated to all my friends that she'd be my new main and everyone was like "You're abandoning Link that easily?" and all I can say, even now is "Hell yeah." After playing the game for 2 weeks now, Zamus is the most fun I've had in a long while. Everything that was taken away from Link was given to Zamus in some form, particularly in the recovery department.

I don't think she's the best character in the game, and I'll be glad if she isn't. But seriously, all the scrubs that pick up a character because of fandom can be frustrating, but doesn't that just drive you to better yourself? Don't you just want to separate yourself from them? Make it obvious you're a cut above them, maybe two, by how you play.

Link was no different in this regard. I might not've been incredible at Melee, but at all the small tournies I went to, a crowd would always gather around me for just playing a mediocre advanced Link. I could SHFFL combo people across FD, and I could survive up until around 280% against most characters and was pretty difficult to edge guard, but I wasn't anything amazing. People like Germ were a lot more recognized (and deserved their recognition) because they could do everything I did and more, but I was never, ever confused with being a scrub. It was clearly apparent just from watching a single match that I was not just some stupid fanboy running about using up+B as often as possible. And that's what you have to do if Zamus gets to the same status as Link (which she probably will). Just use it to make yourself better.

KamiNathan

Smash Rookie
From quoting my friend, he will main Zamus because he "hears the graphics are amazing"...
He said this in the car with my family, so only me and him knew what he was talking about.

AquaMethod

Smash Rookie
I don't think she's the best character in the game, and I'll be glad if she isn't. But seriously, all the scrubs that pick up a character because of fandom can be frustrating, but doesn't that just drive you to better yourself? Don't you just want to separate yourself from them? Make it obvious you're a cut above them, maybe two, by how you play.

Link was no different in this regard. I might not've been incredible at Melee, but at all the small tournies I went to, a crowd would always gather around me for just playing a mediocre advanced Link. I could SHFFL combo people across FD, and I could survive up until around 280% against most characters and was pretty difficult to edge guard, but I wasn't anything amazing. People like Germ were a lot more recognized (and deserved their recognition) because they could do everything I did and more, but I was never, ever confused with being a scrub. It was clearly apparent just from watching a single match that I was not just some stupid fanboy running about using up+B as often as possible. And that's what you have to do if Zamus gets to the same status as Link (which she probably will). Just use it to make yourself better.
Do you really think Zamus will get to that stage? Her low priority and the abundance of other, easier-to-use popular characters (Toon Link, Wolf, Fox etc.) seem to limit her appeal. I know she's pretty and has a decent-sized fandom, but she's also incredibly frustrating if you try to play her like most other characters. Of course, that means if she does get popular, being truly skilled with her will be pretty impressive.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I tried out a few characters but just liked ZSS the best. Just a really fun moveset with lots and lots of very quick moves and easy killers.

Top Bottom