• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why will you main Zamus?

J18

Smash Journeyman
i wanna main her cuz i really like how her playstyle is developing, and she looks like a great character.
oh wait i'm lying, i just think she's a sexy beast

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I might main her because the way she moves seems to fit my ideal play style.

I don't main characters from my opinions of how they look, otherwise I would main Peach... oh, wait, I do... :p

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
cmon now...nothin beats the combination of Kicks - Whips - and a **** STUN GUN or TASER

imagine if u could be Zamus - kick some1 in the face then tase them, then jab him then whip him.

SuperSmashSisters

Smash Rookie
Because she's really cool and I used to main Samus but she's faster. Also I like her voice and her down b is a really cool move.

GuMz

Smash Apprentice
because she fits my style.
and she is gonna marry me soon. So she can always be my main :)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

For all of the "pennis motivated" out there.

Meanwhile, I'll be one of the "intellectually motivated" ones, I hope. Anyone who's actually *serious* when saying he's maining her for her looks... you need help.
This image is totally what Brawl is all about.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
My main reason for maining as ZSS in brawl is because her fighting style rocks. She's very fast, can attack quickly, and can make a combo out of any of her moves, which makes her an even bigger threat in the air. Also, her up B makes for a fantastic air counter, and her long ranged grab works as a good combo set up for her airupA and Bair.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Because the character-specific forum for her is so dang easy to find (scroll to bottom -> win)

& Metroid is awesome

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Because I just love Samus and the Metroid series; I'm maining Samus and Zamus. ^_^

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Considering her as well as four others right now. As for Zero Suit Samus in particular, just because she looks like she can combo well, the range on whip is ridiculous. Stuns also look like they could be pretty useful, just an all around good character (with really crappy priority and recovery, which will probably be her downfall).

I don't expect to main her, honestly, but I will probably at least have her as a secondary.

Platanos

Smash Cadet
I love the way ZSS looks.

She's a really acrobatic character, which I think makes her hard to predict. Right now, most all of the characters have maining potential for me, but ZSS is pretty high on that list.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I didn't have many problems adjusting to it. The similarities are there.

I'm trying to think of a move of ZSS's that isn't good. Or at least useful. Not coming up with any. ;)

dori.

Smash Apprentice
Because I only play as sexy characters (see also: Falcon, Snake, Zelda, Wario)

Eten

Smash Ace
I will be maining ZSS because it is Samus. I'm a rabid metroid fan and I feel that Samus deserves the spot of destroying every other video game character in creation(and she would too if she had her full power gravity suit at the end of Super Metroid or something, she's easily the most "reduced" character in Super Smash Bros. It wouldn't be fair if she got to blast people to dust from across a course simply by spam firing her plasma beam or insta-kill in invincibility everybody with screw attack space jumps, power bombs...). Zamus gives me a unique ability to play *Samus* as both Power Suit Samus, a heavy character with cool suit use and projectiles like missiles, and as ZSS who has speed and agility.

So I'm happy that my two mains are really the same person.

tempestknight

Smash Rookie
I get the feeling that Zamus will do well with my playing style, especially against faster characters that I tend to have trouble with. I've seen a lot of power and combo ability out of her that I really like, should have some fun with my friends. And if nothing else, I've already come up with a few taunt phrases to put in.

Wararchon

Smash Cadet
To me she is a replacement for falcon in melee. Her speed and moves are similar, along with her combo ability. The plus is that she has amazing recovery and a lot more range. That bad is obviously the lack of kneeage and stompin'.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
I'm certainly going to give her a try! I mained Sheik in Melee and the moment I saw Zero Suit Samus in the first trailers I was intrigued and that still hasn't gone away, she is alot like my previous main

(who I won't be abandoning by the way, for honour's sake, someone has been taunting me over how my main sucks now, now I must stick to her and make her awesome)

and Zamus looks like she'll fit my already combotastic playing style.

Matt of Steel

Smash Rookie
I really want to.

I get concerned when looking at Videos (especially the videos hand selected to showcase Zamus) and seeing how often she loses.

In a perfect world I'd main the actual combo of Samus and Zamus, but seeing as how there will be no way to turn back into Samus I don't know. 5 days baby!!!!!

KafKa

Smash Rookie
ZSS has some really usefull moves. So I might consider maining her.
(plus the fact that she is nice eyecandy of course)

Subach

Smash Apprentice
I agree!

I don't see anything wrong with liking a character for his/her looks, as long as it's not the ONLY thing you like about him/her ('cause that would be shallow, of course ;)).

[/offtopic]
Indeed, one of the things that makes Samus my favorite Nintendo character period is her extremely kick-awesome power suit along with her personality and abilities.

I don't like how Zamus seems to be better than Samus, but if I feel like messing around, she seems to be a fun and agile character.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
They are actually pretty even - Zamus might have better kill moves (slightly) but power suit has so little lag

BulletzBill

Smash Rookie
Does anyone maining Zamus NOT use her final smash for the sake of staying as Zamus? I have just been taking smash balls in order to prevent anyone else from getting it but intentionally not using it, since my Samus is pretty weak and I just generally don't enjoy playing as her. Also it seems to me like Zamus' final smash isn't really all that great anyway.

Eten

Smash Ace
Or, if you can, just don't play with smash balls. That's what I do.

Rui

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna try to be original or anything. I use her because she's hot.
And because I mained Samus before, but she just feels so nerfed now.

...Come to think of it, I think I mained Samus back then simply because Zamus was announced and I wanted to get better at Samus so that I could main Zamus.
Wow. That's pretty ironic.

Dirian

Smash Rookie
After playing the game a good chunk the past few days, I'm maining Samus because she's fast as hell, can combo with anything and I finally found some good some power moves for that big K.O. which was my only reservation about her. Need to master switching back to ZSS from Samus after final smash for matches where the smash ball is in effect.

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
I love the moveset - the unique whip moves combined with quick close combat melee, and a unique and powerful recovery. I also adore her verticle speed, it's fantastic, especially when ascending. I fully expected to stay with Peach or CFalcon in the Melee-->Brawl transition but I have arrived at Zero Suit Samus as my final destination, at least for now.

Top Bottom