• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Is the SmashBoards logo Bowser?

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
One complete (and noobish of course but still enticing) question: Why Is the SmashBoards logo Bowser?

Why is that? I've been here for so long and yet I've never pondered that. It can't be due to Gimpyfish. People only know him from hardcore tournaments and the podcasts, but thats still least than a likely quarter of the people who come by here to be truthful.

Why can't we have more than one character represent the SmashBoards? Why only one? Do we get a voting process? Can we ask moderators to choose a particular one? Won't that be chaotic for them? Will the public decide the logo (unlikely)? But why is it Bowser period and why not someone else???

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
One complete (and noobish of course but still enticing) question: Why Is the SmashBoards logo Bowser?

Why is that? I've been here for so long and yet I've never pondered that. It can't be due to Gimpyfish. People only know him from hardcore tournaments and the podcasts, but thats still least than a likely quarter of the people who come by here to be truthful.

Why can't we have more than one character represent the SmashBoards? Why only one? Do we get a voting process? Can we ask moderators to choose a particular one? Won't that be chaotic for them? Will the public decide the logo (unlikely)? But why is it Bowser period and why not someone else???
if you go to main page, and other pages othr than the forums, they have different chars.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Okay then. Bowser, Wario, Kirby, and Meta Knight. But why them? If this really was Smash Bros., it should be true that all of the characters or a character(s) who won a majority vote by a poll by the public or the moderators is posted right? Or am I just rebellious against the system and the creator(s) of this site? Don't delete my account. I was just curious. You can't blame for me going loopy. After the posts I've just made, you'd understand where I'm kind of coming from after seeing Bowser and its way too early in the morning where I'm from.

*Scared and about to wet his pants like Lucas when he saw King Porky.*

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Not all characters are created equal? And there are no more different skins for the time being due to the recent server hack.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well Kirby and Bowser was never played in Melee. Unlike most of the other characters. Surely they DESERVE recogonition (sp)

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Understandable. All for one and none for all I guess. XD

Also, I had to make that question, because its hard trying to think up new things when pretty much every question has been answered or every subject is mentioned here and if you repeated something, you find your thread has indeed been closed by moderators. Hopefully, this question stumps them too when they first see it. I finally found a topic I hope that keeps on going, even if its completely an utter failure. Did that make sense to any of you by the way?

:) = How deranged I've become since becoming a member here.

Frames

DI
I'm not sure if the other skins have different characters per say, but I do know that Smashboards has rotated logos periodically throughout the years. The earliest I remember was mario in a running pose, then young link drinking some lon lon milk, and then finally bowser sometime in 2005. As for why it's bowser, well.....bowser's cool? Whatever, it should be Grimer anyways.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Grimer.

But Wario, he's new. And Meta Knight too. Kirby. Seems all random to be permanent fixtures. It be cool if the programmers/creators did have a reason. I know they have tough schedules, and probably do have lives outside here, so why not make a randomizer whenever we come here. At least then, the characters are equal, well for now anyway. That's a thought for them now. Once spoilers aren't really spoilers, they should indeed do that. Or have a poll to see who deserves to be the main face of our favorite video game chatroom. Just to keep this site in motion, so not only the most dedicated of fans and hardcore players and tournament organizers still come here a year where this place becomes once again, a quiet place to chat like the local "you definitely go there cause its your spot" coffee shop that hopefully isn't a Starbucks or other major coffeehouse chain that's a bad duplicate of the good original concept. So yeah, any moderators who come by, can you pitch that to your superior(s). Appreciate it!!

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Actually now that I think about it, it would be cool if every time we come on the Smash Boards that the Smash Boards logo would be Kirby (yes, I know we already have Kirby), but have Kirby with a different Kirby Hat each time you reloaded the page.

Flavio

Smash Rookie
Because Bowser is the most awesome character in Smash. Bowser as a logo is the only reason I joined this site. <_<

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
See, your first post and sarcasm is in the air. That reminds me to get some things for later. ;)

I can't wait for later. Later folks and have a good one to whomever comes by here today.

Hint hint: >>>----------<3---------->

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
They had a new one before the boards crashed, with Wario instead. Probably going to be the new one.

VivaLaPika

Smash Cadet
I'm still (unrealistically) hoping for that shiny white Brawl forum design a user made a few weeks ago.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Really. That seems pretty tasteless. Yeah, sure. Wario is our logo. We like having a character who farts, doesn't mind picking his nose in front of others, and dresses in pink for a final smash. Oh, and the best thing about him is that one of his taunts is a salute to Hitler. Sure. Classy.

Also, I like your Phanna banner. It looks awesome. Darkraid has a great banner too. Hey Darkraid? Are you going to do a banner of all the characters once the game has been out for quite a while. Its really neat and I used your previous banner without Sheik as an advertisement for my myspace for a few days. Hope you don't mind. Also, I gave credit to you. I don't steal others' piece of works.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Really. That seems pretty tasteless. Yeah, sure. Wario is our logo. We like having a character who farts, doesn't mind picking his nose in front of others, and dresses in pink for a final smash. Oh, and the best thing about him is that one of his taunts is a salute to Hitler. Sure. Classy.

Also, I like your Phanna banner. It looks awesome. Darkraid has a great banner too. Hey Darkraid? Are you going to do a banner of all the characters once the game has been out for quite a while. Its really neat and I used your previous banner without Sheik as an advertisement for my myspace for a few days. Hope you don't mind. Also, I gave credit to you. I don't steal others' piece of works.
Well, Bowser is a woman-stealing lizard thing that likes setting people on fire and chewing through them. I think Lucas/Ness should be our mascot, since they represent love and friendship.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
They had a new one before the boards crashed, with Wario instead. Probably going to be the new one.
That's for the SmashWorld logo. He's there when you click Network in the top-right corner.

About a year ago, the SmashBoards logo was MetaKnight. There was some sort of board upgrade that took a day or two, and Kirby King left a message saying: "When the logo turns from MetaKnight to Bowser, then maintenance is complete."

And that's why it's Bowser. It was never changed back, though.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight is hanging around as an icon too in another department. But thanks for the first good answer as to why Bowser is the main head (or should I say shell) we see here first at SmashBoards. But I'm hoping they do in fact change it soon. Hopefully, they will do it after Brawl comes out in Europe or Australia. I do feel for the people from those countries and I feel crappy (and kind of guilty) that they don't get to brawl it out with us earlier.

There should be a group poll or tally or survey as to who should be the next new mascot of our favorite chat site. It makes sense to be honest. A new game, a new experience, a new mascot(s). Anyone agrees or disagrees and has other thoughts?

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
About a year ago, the SmashBoards logo was MetaKnight. There was some sort of board upgrade that took a day or two, and Kirby King left a message saying: "When the logo turns from MetaKnight to Bowser, then maintenance is complete."

And that's why it's Bowser. It was never changed back, though.
Really? I think I joined sometime before the first Brawl trailer, and remember it being changed to Meta Knight, but I thought that was because of Brawl being announced. A sort of "celebration" so to say.

But as to why Bowser? Because he's badass. Lets leave it at that.

UncleGrandfather

Smash Cadet
I'm perfectly OK with it being Bowser all the time but I also think it would be cool to have the logo change between more of the characters in the game. It just seems a lot more fitting. I'm all for having it switch between the 35 characters in Brawl, but then would anyone complain the Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo would all not be included because they were taken out of Brawl.

Also, isn't there a better place for this thread than "General Brawl Discussion"?

Mama

Smash Ace
Why are we worrying about this? If you're going to change the logo at all just make it Mario that way nobody can really argue. Why Mario? Because he's Mario. We can't have everyone asking for their favorite characters. Or you can go the other route and have someone completely unrelated like Dora from Dora the Explorer.

.:Alex:.

Smash Cadet
I think the smash ball would look kinda cool there...

Heck, even the new Giga Bowser would look better. There's something about the texture and colour of Bowser that I don't like...

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, who the **** cares?
Oh wow, we actually got to the 2nd page before the first douche decided to post something. Maybe the community here really is improving (ah who am I kidding?).

Regardless I too have wondered why Bowser is the logo of these forums...I always found Yoshi a pretty good candidate but then I always had a soft spot for man-eating ridable dinosaurs .

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
I say, either randomizing between each character each page load, or put something related to Smash in general, but not to a character (master hand, smash ball).

Top Bottom