• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Is ROB So Awkward?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
-He's heavy, but he falls mad slow
-He has to charge all of his projectiles
-He's mad tall but he can't even guarantee air release Wario
-He can footstool despite not having feet
-He's the only character without a stage from one of his games

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Port Town Aero Drive could be considered a ROB stage y'know. I mean just cuz of the cameo.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
ROB doesn't feel the need to follow the rules of the game. His up-B can "run out" making his recovery the worst in the game until it recharges. He can survive some hits by throwing out his slowest move.

It's hopeless...

Shress

Smash Rookie
I got used to him the first time I picked up playing him.

...but I think I get your point. He's an odd character.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
The funniest thing to me was alway why ROB has crap dmg input. All his moves looks extremely strong but don't do much. What looks stronger here, ROB burning your face with a strong burst of fire(BAIR:11 dmg) or a simple kick from Snake who does 14 dmg for no apparent reason. Even Sonic bair does 12 dmg lol.
ROB Nair is pretty ******** too, only 10 dmg for a move that should be stronger than MK nair but whatever I guess Sakurai knows better than all of us.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
ROB does have a game, actually. It's called Gyromite.
He actually has two games, the one being Gyromite, the other Stack Up (or Block Set). Stack Up doesn't visibly appear in the game, but it's in his theme that plays on Mario Bros., though all other things related to him are based on Gyromite.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Silly one. ROB's coating is made of the souls he's crushed of his past opponents.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Actually he has 2. Don't forget Stack Up.
Onishiba said:
He actually has two games, the one being Gyromite, the other Stack Up (or Block Set). Stack Up doesn't visibly appear in the game, but it's in his theme that plays on Mario Bros., though all other things related to him are based on Gyromite.
:)

10:)s

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB Nair is pretty ******** too, only 10 dmg for a move that should be stronger than MK nair but whatever I guess Sakurai knows better than all of us.
ROB's N-air would be super broken if it did more damage. Considering the way the formula for knockback ties with damage in one hit, you could expect ROB's N-air killing like 30% earlier if it did like 2% more damage.

Oh right, I guess that's assuming you kept the knockback base and growth the same.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
ROB's N-air would be super broken if it did more damage. Considering the way the formula for knockback ties with damage in one hit, you could expect ROB's N-air killing like 30% earlier if it did like 2% more damage.

Oh right, I guess that's assuming you kept the knockback base and growth the same.
Yeah that's what I was going for, but Nair knockback is pretty horrible against heavy character and when it's only a bit stale it fails to kill.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Holy this is good for combo-ing....and same when its stale.
If by "combo" you mean stale your best kill move to put them in a position where they can probably avoid you anyway, then yes.

Top Bottom