• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is ike mid teir?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
he can lose to anyone who has a projectile to spam... thats like almost every char ... and you can struggle to recover with no gimp or anything...

i mean sure he can jab them out but you will mess up eventually... its things like this that make me hate tier lists.....

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
all this resentment lol , keep saying low tier xD iwant to see all ur faces when you get double spiked by a team of ike . it will be '' you'll get no Sympathy from us ''

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ike's low tier.

Close thread.
You keep making posts like this I'm gonna report them for spam, that's how pissed I am. You have no real standing in the competitive environment, your word does not warrant an instant close. Ike's tier placement is debatable, believe it or not.

This will in fact, however be closed, because tier discussions are meant for character boards.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
lol this is character boards. >_>

however, if even Falconv1.0 is saying your pissing him off you better stop whatever you're doing XACE.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Ike's low tier.

Close thread.
Ladies and gentlemen, and M2K, Travis and I have compiled the most accurate tier list in the history of man. There are 7 tiers, and characters are ordered within tiers. (Note that when it gets down to like low tier and sh*t, that sh*t's like a tossup. is lucas sh*ttier than ganon? who the **** knows)

The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach

Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike <--------------------------------------
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link

Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
apparently not... =/

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
FFS that's not real, I've seen this on like every character board, it's just like one anyone else has made up, it's unofficial.
And one of the worse ones actually, Ike is not middle tier.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
FFS that's not real, I've seen this on like every character board, it's just like one anyone else has made up, it's unofficial.
And one of the worse ones actually, Ike is not middle tier.
i dont think that there should be a "official" tier list...

i will srsly quit ssb if this goes that far...

i mean... what decides if a tier list is "official"

and if there is a official why make one up?

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
OMFG at ROOOOOY's sig. xD 10lolruses.

Since this topic is stupid and all, I figured this would be a more entertaining/pertinent observation.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
ruffles at roooys sig to lol , reminds me of a friend that just downs b , anyway , i'd quit this post but.... , ike for god tier , thats it .Super armour ftw

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's not the offical tier list, you stooge... -______________-' An offical tier list hasn't even been made yet and probably won't be until the end of the year. I think Ike is low tier myself but this thread absolutely annoys the crap out of me simply because it's a prime example of what happens when people don't read...

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
What, precisely, does a fatmanonice look like? Why is it funny? :3 The thought just occurred to me.

Cerealsly, though-Ike for no tier until the tiers have been determined. End of discussion, really. Of course, that can't discourage us from answering why Ike will most likely not be in any higher tiers...except that all the points have already been made elsewhere. So...go look, TC. Literacy for the win.

<_<

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If I get my way and we get l canceling in Brawl, Ike's aerials will have like no lag and we will all celebrate with many tri****ed hookers, my treat.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
yeah sorry if this pisses you all off... i was just curious why H2YL decieded so...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ike is slowly getting recognition, just that noobs need to stop playing him so he dont look bad
Since when? He has the exact same rep I remember from a couple months ago, the noobs are still around, and this place isn't any better.

And the fact that noobs play as him doesn't actually hurt him unless you actually hang out with noobs, in which case I don't care because their opinions and beliefs don't have any weight to them.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
the fact that noobs play him on tournaments make people think Ike sucks, therfore it does matter. As for when, alot of midwest pros have been surprised by my Ike. Although I think im not the best, im still getting better with him and im not planning on stopping anytime soon

Iwan

Smash Ace
the fact that noobs play him on tournaments make people think Ike sucks, therfore it does matter. As for when, alot of midwest pros have been surprised by my Ike. Although I think im not the best, im still getting better with him and im not planning on stopping anytime soon
I'll say that a good Ike, like any other character, can put you into positions you don't want to be in. The only reason it's more of an advatage for Ike is because he's so. god****. powerful.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Half of the people in here seem really unreasonable...
Either way if you're going to participate in this thread states reasons why Ike should be in BLANK Tier List position. If you're going to contribute don't state something like "I'm so good with Ike "INSERT IKE QUOTE"
"I pwn j00 with teh Ike for he has zhe dweaded ferword smash"

I think Ike should be around mid to low because if used properly he can punish very well. Being that he is VERY slow he is a very mind game type character but there is still something to work with. However he doesn't take punishment well himself. His moveset isn't quite diverse enough to trick someone up easily. Also he is one of the easiest characters to gimp and has almost no horizontal recovery. Ike has a terrible time against quick characters or characters with a projectile. Unless someone with extreme skill is using him you just can't approach as easily with him as you can with other characters.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
i dont think that there should be a "official" tier list...

i will srsly quit ssb if this goes that far...

i mean... what decides if a tier list is "official"

and if there is a official why make one up?
There have been official tier lists for Melee since like a year after it's release. They're made by the SBR and are official because they are agreed upon by the entire SBR, which contains the more important people in the smash scene.

Anyway, the reason that there is no official (or even an accurate) tier list right now is because of the many things that will change still. I've noticed that the last month the metagame has slowly become more aggressive, as opposed to this whole backwards progression idea floating around with people becoming more defensive. This is good for Ike and he might get some more respect the next 1 or 2 months. That said, for all we know after that everyone knows what to do and he takes a big fall again. I say wait 4-5 months and then pass judgment about tier lists.

Top Bottom