• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Bowser such an unpopular character choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
People don't like Bowser's ending lag. Bowser isn't slow in the sense that his moves take awhile to come out, such as Ike or Melee Bowser, but he does have quite a bit of endlag on many moves, specifically any of his aerials upon landing, fsmash, usmash, Fire Breath (though better than Melee), and the infamous Bowzer Bomb upon landing.

People also despise bowser's great size, which causes him to be very susceptible to many combos and cgs that don't work on the rest of the cast.

People also hate his bad grab range, and the fact that he gets ***** (usually by cgs) by most of top tier.

Past that, he's not that bad.

Edit: Wow this topic is old. I probably shouldn't have posted this.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
People don't like Bowser's ending lag. Bowser isn't slow in the sense that his moves take awhile to come out, such as Ike or Melee Bowser, but he does have quite a bit of endlag on many moves, specifically any of his aerials upon landing, fsmash, usmash, Fire Breath (though better than Melee), and the infamous Bowzer Bomb upon landing.

People also despise bowser's great size, which causes him to be very susceptible to many combos and cgs that don't work on the rest of the cast.

People also hate his bad grab range, and the fact that he gets ***** (usually by cgs) by most of top tier.

Past that, he's not that bad.

Edit: Wow this topic is old. I probably shouldn't have posted this.
Everything has been said about why bowser isn't a popular choice, this thread needs to just slowly fall off the page.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'm going to have to agree with onishiba and shinyspoon on this one.

This thread is basically the same stuff repeated over and over and most of time it's stuff that's not even true. If anyone has any further questions you can PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom