• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I'll still main Peach.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It seems like the vast majority of the people who complain about Peach are the one's least willing to change. I mean, did you want her to stay completely the same and just have a new outfit?
You're obviously not bothering to read "our" posts. No one has said "I'm quitting Peach" or "I don't like the new Peach" because she's different.

We're quitting her/disliking her because the majority of the changes made to her were bad. It's not that she's changed. It's how she's changed.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
She can have bad changes is still not be a bad character. You just have to work around new weaknesses and play to new strengths, which is what you seem unwilling to do. And don't give me that, "OMG SHE HAS NO STRENGTHS!!!" Everybody has strengths. Even Servbot.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
She can have bad changes is still not be a bad character. You just have to work around new weaknesses and play to new strengths, which is what you seem unwilling to do. And don't give me that, "OMG SHE HAS NO STRENGTHS!!!" Everybody has strengths. Even Servbot.
The thing is that she is a pretty crummy character now. Her new weaknesses outnumber her new strengths 3 to 1.

No combos, no high damaging moves, no KO-moves unless you use a charged Frying Pan. She has strengths... they just don't outweigh all of her weaknesses.

Have you played the game? I have. The people who are denouncing her have. She's not among the worst in the game. But she's at most Mid Tier. And Mid Tier in Brawl is much farther away from Top than in Melee because of the bad balancing.

You're either Amazing or you're Mid.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Which is my point. The people who say Peach sucks in Brawl are the people are were really good with Peach in Melee. They had a set style with her, but now that Peach is different, they have the change. Change leads them to believe that Peach sucks.

Am I saying that you're a quitter and a heretic? No. I'm saying Peach doesn't suit your style of play anymore. Which is fine. Which just means that you're not accustomed to playing with the new Peach. But there's going to be people that will adapt to Peach's new style, work to her strengths, and be good with her. Good enough to win. So saying she's useless seems overboard.

The tier seperation in Brawl is nothing like tier seperation in Marvel vs Capcom 2. But there's still players that consistently place in top 10-15 with a team that's not some combination of Magneto/Sentinel/Cable/Storm + Psylocke/Captain Commando. MikeZ for instance. Uses T. Bonne/Doc Doom/Juggernaut. With that being said, it's not unlikely a Peach user or somebody outside of the "Awesome Tier" can be in top 3 or top 5.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Which is my point. The people who say Peach sucks in Brawl are the people are were really good with Peach in Melee. They had a set style with her, but now that Peach is different, they have the change. Change leads them to believe that Peach sucks.
What part of I've played this game extensively are you not getting? It does not matter if we change or try to play her differently.

Her metagame will not change. And from what I've personally seen and read and tried with her so far, she's not very good. No matter how much we try, her metagame will stay the same. Unless we find out some gamebreaking new strategies with her, she will not be a very good character.

Am I saying that you're a quitter and a heretic? No. I'm saying Peach doesn't suit your style of play anymore. Which is fine. Which just means that you're not accustomed to playing with the new Peach. But there's going to be people that will adapt to Peach's new style, work to her strengths, and be good with her. Good enough to win. So saying she's useless seems overboard.
There are no strengths. Well, there are a few. But they are far outweighed by her weaknesses. She's not useless. Did I say Peach was useless? She's, however, weak.

No combos, no KO-moves, no high-damaging moves. What does that sound like? That's right, a bad character.

The tier seperation in Brawl is nothing like tier seperation in Marvel vs Capcom 2. But there's still players that consistently place in top 10-15 with a team that's not some combination of Magneto/Sentinel/Cable/Storm + Psylocke/Captain Commando. MikeZ for instance. Uses T. Bonne/Doc Doom/Juggernaut. With that being said, it's not unlikely a Peach user or somebody outside of the "Awesome Tier" can be in top 3 or top 5.
"Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is worse!" is not a valid defense.

It is very unlikely that Peach can go Top3 or Top5 at a tournament (or are you talking about the Tierlist) because she has no combos, no high damaging moves, good tech chasers and no KO-moves. There are plenty of characters who have at least two or sometimes even all of those things.

Those characters will be the Top and High Tier. Meanwhile, Peach will be stuck without any of them... which will make every single match a very steep uphill battle. Which is why she's such a bad character. Which is why I will probably drop her in Brawl.

You present absolutely no facts in your posts. All you ever say is "The old players are too set in their ways" and "Peach will probably be good" without saying why she'll be good. Meanwhile, I've pointed out (if only superficially) why she cannot possibly be very good.

Find arguments against mine and arguments supporting your position. You saying that it is "like this" does not make it so. The metagame does not change at the drop of your words.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yuna, give it up already.

Your info on her Toad and Bomber fail.

Just cause you cant do Jack with her dont mean what you say is true or you know it all. Cause you obviously dont and many have got on you already. Even Ryoko. Your mindset is melle and you cant get that out of your head. Enough with going around saying she is a bad character and crying about this and that. People are getting tired of this crap.

You play Peach for a while as you say.....and you still fail. Cause are of what your sating is nothing but false and complants. I'm doing just fine. I know her buffs and nerfs. So I am playing DIFFERENT, since the game is DIFFERENT, and Peach is DIFFERENT. So knock it off already and go play melee if you want your Princess back to how she was. Or simply play another character in brawl and get out of these threads with this crap.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
My info on Toad and Bomber fail? They're faster, but still laggy and quite slow. Peach Bomber goes further. It semi-spikes but the knockback still sucks. Toad can kill now. Peach can only Wall Bomb breakable walls and, apparently, Master Hand, now. These buffs hardly make up for the huge nerfs she received (nor do any of the other buffs). Her nerfs far outweigh her buffs.

This fails how?

Just because I can't do anything with her? What can you do with her in comparison to characters like Marth, Lucas and any of the other characters who are set for Top- and High Tier? What can you possibly do with her that I can't?

Tell me of these wonderful strategies, tactics and techniques you've come up with her to make her Top- or High Tier in Brawl. Just saying "Yuna, you're just a bad Brawl Peach Player" is not a good argument. Show us how you play her if not only in words.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My info on Toad and Bomber fail? They're faster, but still laggy and quite slow. Peach Bomber goes further. It semi-spikes but the knockback still sucks. Toad can kill now. Peach can only Wall Bomb breakable walls and, apparently, Master Hand, now. These buffs hardly make up for the huge nerfs she received (nor do any of the other buffs). Her nerfs far outweigh her buffs.

This fails how?

Just because I can't do anything with her? What can you do with her in comparison to characters like Marth, Lucas and any of the other characters who are set for Top- and High Tier? What can you possibly do with her that I can't?

Tell me of these wonderful strategies, tactics and techniques you've come up with her to make her Top- or High Tier in Brawl. Just saying "Yuna, you're just a bad Brawl Peach Player" is not a good argument. Show us how you play her if not only in words.
Fine, if it will get you to shut up, expect videos from me playing all shorts of charatcers on saturday. Cause people are getting tired of this from you. Want me to play Marth, Fox, snake, meta? I'll play all these hard characters for you and show you how to use your5 head and not cry about it with crap that is not true.

Look out in the video thread saturday. You can countinue your rants and I wont say a thing about it. Actions speak louder than words. But once I get these vids out and you see and understand its a different game, be gone with this crap. If you wanna win so badly, go play a character that so called is high tier material and people are saying with thier opinions.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
If you guys think Peach sucks so much why are you guys here in this forum?
That's something I still don't understand. Characters like DK and Yoshi are less effective than Peach, and I don't see any angry bitter Yoshi/DK hater (and I'm glad I don't).

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Then shouldn't they receive even more hate? ~_~

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Oh, did I win? LOL >_<

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Then shouldn't they receive even more hate? ~_~
They're receiving just as much hate, except in tier list discussion/general Brawl discussion instead of their forums. Peach mains just happen to be emotive and outspoken in general. Especially Yuna.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Unless we find out some gamebreaking new strategies with her, she will not be a very good character.
The game hasn't been out for month yet, not to mention it's not even out in America. What "gamebreaking new strategies" do you expect to find when a vast majority of people haven't even played it yet? Oh but you've played it for . . . a week or two now? Maybe? Yeah, that's really extensive playing you've done. I'm sure you've learned all the ins and outs of the game already.

This is your argument:

"No combos, no KO-moves, no high-damaging moves."

Which is clearly is exaggeration. Everybody has combos. If she had no KO-moves, she would literally be unable to win unless her opponent SD'd 4 times . . . so clearly, she has knock out moves.

"Oh noes the dsmash can't do 50% damage anymore! Peach suxxorz!"

Your other arguments? She can't wall bomb anymore? As if wall bombing was ever useful or an integral part of your strategies? You say she can't float cancel? Well, nobody can L-Cancel anymore. And we've shown she has next to no lag if you finish your attack before you land.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You've played this game, Hawks? Because I wouldn't make claims like "everybody has combos" until you do.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I'll wait till I get the game, and then see. I'll probably move on to one of the newcomers, but if Peach is actually playable I'll double-main or triple-main. As of now, judging from what I've seen and heard, I'm most likely going to be switching.

Non-existent second jump!?
No Float Cancelling!?
Forward throw that doesn't kill!?
Throws that can't combo!?
Down-smash that doesn't kill in sudden death, and averages 3-5% damage per use, with 21% max uncharged!?
No wallbombing!?
Easily edgeguarded up-b!?

Look at those and tell me Peach isn't nerfed.

Now don't get me wrong. Some of Peaches moves in melee were broken. Wallbomb stalling, 60% on a single dsmash, low damage forward throw kills (if they temporarily went comatose and didn't DI) should have been nerfed A LITTLE BIT. They just dropped the nerf bat and went straight to the nerf beat-stick.

p.s. Oh, by the way, I just watched some old videos from E4All, and reminisced at the godliness of her forward throw there.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By "everybody" I meant "every character." Drk.Peach a provided a list of some in his own thread.
Again, I wouldn't make that claim. I'm not sure how much attention you've been paying to the physics of this game, but certain characters simply are not able to combo, unless you count Ike's neutral A jabs a combo.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Do I really have to make a thread on all the reasons why she's good? I really don't want to, and I'm not going to give away all my new tricks, but its getting more and more tempting to make one...

Oh yeah and there aren't really any auto-combos now for anyone. There are combos but they have to be at the right percentage, be on the right characters, and alot are escapable anyway.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Especially with a 15 page thread about why everyone hates her...but I don't care if more people leave peach it leaves more room for us to have our own unique play styles.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, universal nerf is that DJC no longer exists in Brawl. It might be a buff in some people's views... >_> (the ones who suck and SD because they forgot about DJC, like me)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I can't wait until all the nay-sayers get destroyed by the new gen of Peach pros who actually took the time to learn what she can do.
Dark.Pch at your service my friend ;)

Ok seriously..........WHO GIVES A **** IF SHE IS NERFED!?! When we win matches do we worry about the characters bad side of good side. You play with useing what is good about her. And protect her weakness so it does not get abused. enough with the crying about she is nerfed already. You cant stand it? then GTFO! I cant recall one time people like me and Niko cried about Peach being nerfed and cant do anything. yet look how we are doing. We are working just fine with Peach. even if she is worst in melee.

You wanna win so bad and have it easy, play another character and **** up with the crying and complaints. In a way i'm happy people are crying. cause all the cry babies, i'm gonna kick your azzes with Peach so you can shut up. and if you still feel the same, play another **** cahracter. We know she is nerfed and has her bad side........hey guess what...........WE DONT CARE!!! i dont care! thans why I am doing fine. cause I dont care about what is bad about her. just what is good and work with that.

Learn to play her different from melee and quit the *****ing ladies!

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
For me specifically, it's not if she's nerfed or not. It's how playable she is. For example, my second character in Melee is Bowser (yes Peach, then Bowser. I'm weird). He was tough to use, but at least he could at least do some stuff: kind of combo, wonderful power, amazing edge-guard game. Many of Peach's current moves look kinda useless.

Smashes:
Foward and Up smash are good. I guess they should be used as kill moves. Down smash is useless. From what I hear, I probably just won't use it in matches. It's gonna be tough to go from a "D-smash to your heart's content" mindset to a "Stay away from D-smash at all costs" mindset.

Tilts:
I hear ftilt is better. Utilt has more range, but apparently it's still situational, since if the person is next to you it won't hit them

jab:
too much knockback to combo, not enough to kill or anything

Specials:
up-b is slow. turnips are weaker and disappear. side b got slight buffs, but still seems like a situational move. Toad got some buffs, but counter moves get too predictable if used often.

throws:
No combos, not enough good knockback

It seems like they majorly nerfed all of her good melee attacks, and buffed some of the average ones, but not enough that they make up for her nerfs.

The thing is, that's all just what I've heard and seen. I have yet to experience Brawl for myself. However, if all of this is true, Peach seems to have been nerfed to death, and I will most likely switch.

kutebabidear

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, fast internet. no items &amp; s
i know :embarrass: why are ppl hating?

i adore the new peach. I love the fact that now she can play a bit like fox by jumping up in the air and kicking them up to smash, is fun.

As for peach bomber being apparently 'slow', for a move that does 15% instantly and possibly 30% if it connects again, it's not slow at all, and most ppl have hard time avoiding the new bomber, (no they aren't noobs they had been playing since N64 version and wins local competitions etc) you can also use peach bomber to get closer to characters like marth.

Toad is seriously an improvement, you can even use it half way during attacks such as the fire flower or even the hammer.

i also love how they feminized her :bee:

PS: just cuz i dont participate in online discussions, don't get me wrong, after all having 5000 posts doesnt equate to skills.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's wierd that you main Peach, then Bowser. Their moves are kinda similar.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Woah! How does Peach play like fox? Melee or Brawl fox?

That would be amazing if she played like melee fox...

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
Dark.Pch at your service my friend ;)

Ok seriously..........WHO GIVES A **** IF SHE IS NERFED!?! When we win matches do we worry about the characters bad side of good side. You play with useing what is good about her. And protect her weakness so it does not get abused. enough with the crying about she is nerfed already. You cant stand it? then GTFO! I cant recall one time people like me and Niko cried about Peach being nerfed and cant do anything. yet look how we are doing. We are working just fine with Peach. even if she is worst in melee.

You wanna win so bad and have it easy, play another character and **** up with the crying and complaints. In a way i'm happy people are crying. cause all the cry babies, i'm gonna kick your azzes with Peach so you can shut up. and if you still feel the same, play another **** cahracter. We know she is nerfed and has her bad side........hey guess what...........WE DONT CARE!!! i dont care! thans why I am doing fine. cause I dont care about what is bad about her. just what is good and work with that.

Learn to play her different from melee and quit the *****ing ladies!
Lol that's the spirit...good response
oh and btw you should come to the last Melee tournament at Farmingdale State College next Friday and Saturday...a lot of people are coming and i remember how well you did last time lol

iluvchakra

Smash Rookie
why do peach haters feel the need to expose their ignorance to the rest of the world? :confused:

No matter what ppl say, anyone that chooses to play as Peach is entitled to playing her.

As for ppl complaining peach is 'nerfed', I think the correct word would be balanced.

I read elsewhere that the developers tried their best to make the characters as balanced as possible, and looking at the new Peach, the things she lost is balanced out by the things she gained.

Instead of complaining about the things that are not there anymore, how about try embracing the new improved moves of hers ;)

Brawl is still an amazing game, I've played since N64 and used Jigglypuff then, (I still remember most ppl's response to that choice was "Wtf" but that "wtf" translated to the end of the match when they got beaten up by a pink fluff ball)

I think same will happen here. Now that many are thinking 'oh peach sux shes weak blah blah' and probably get beaten up by peach in online battles etc lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Rebalancing would only work if Brawl were simply a sequel to Melee with the same game mechanics otherwise. That's not the case - this is a significantly different game engine. There's really no way to "balance" everything since they've pretty much made a completely new metagame. It'd be like saying Melee was an attempt to balance the characters from 64 - wouldn't work, because it's a different game, different mechanics.

That said, there's so many differing opinions on Peach I really don't care whether you want to main her or not, but a lot of the arguments are kinda extreme, here...

Top Bottom