• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I'll still main Peach.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
It looks like Peach is not a beast anymore, so lots of people are complaining and looking for a new main. I'm not trying to convince them otherwise >_< In fact, I think it's a wise decision. I just want to point out why I'll personally not quit Peach, even if she got severely downgraded.

1- I like Peach, the character: I started to play as her as soon as I got Melee, I'm a big Peach fan ^^ I didn't care if she was top-tier... in fact, I always thought she was kinda bad before I knew about the tier list, because I had problems with Link and Marth.

2- Peach was my only high-tier character in Melee: I mostly play with Peach, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Zelda. I'm a kinda decent Kirby, who was the 3rd worst character in Melee, I don't see Peach being the 3rd worst character in Brawl.

3- We still don't know how bad she'll be: This applies to every character... She has a new moveset, she can't be played as her Melee counterpart.

4- She'll be less popular: Now that she doesn't have the high-tier appeal, there will be fewer Peach players. I don't know why, but I kinda like that >_<

Feel free to tell me how dumb you think I am for sticking with Peach >_< But I'll have a lot of fun playing as her.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
I whole-heartedly agree. Peach was my main and will still be one of my mains because I like her as a character. And as long as I can use her decently, I wouldn't mind if she's high tier. If she is, my friends can't use that as an excuse when I beat them =P

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
That part of 1 is my sole reason of still maining Peach

1- I like Peach, the character: I started to play as her as soon as I got Melee, I'm a big Peach fan ^^ I didn't care if she was top-tier... in fact, I always thought she was kinda bad before I knew about the tier list, because I had problems with Link and Marth.

2- Peach was my only high-tier character in Melee: I mostly play with Peach, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Zelda. I'm a kinda decent Kirby, who was the 3rd worst character in Melee, I don't see Peach being the 3rd worst character in Brawl.

3- We still don't know how bad she'll be: This applies to every character... She has a new moveset, she can't be played as her Melee counterpart.

4- She'll be less popular: Now that she doesn't have the high-tier appeal, there will be fewer Peach players. I don't know why, but I kinda like that >_<

Feel free to tell me how dumb you think I am for sticking with Peach >_< But I'll have a lot of fun playing as her.

Response to 1: 10 characters

Re. to 2: For Peach to be high tier, she was easier to control (well not that easy. Matchups and the uses of her moves are difficult) I wouldn't care what tier she is, I just wanna play her

Re. to 3: Exactly. Yes, like Fox and maybe a few others, she'll have to be played in a difficult style. Several of the pro peach players like to gay others with Peach Pillars, awsome edgeguard skills, and the uses of turnips lol.

Re. to 4: I'm guessing you like this because you feel special when you play her (just like when Bum plays awsome with DK, Gimpy with Bowser, Chu with IC, etc. Which is no problem at all.

Don't think you're stupid just because you believe in something.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play whichever character's style suits me more. But if they can't do ****, then it doesn't suit me. I can't play a character who can't combo, rack up damage or KO. That's not my style.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'm stickin to Peach for the same reasons. >=3 I'll still manage to beat my friends with her... in melee a couple people I played with liked using Fox and Marth, but I still kicked their butts even though they're higher than Peach on the Melee tier list. Hopefully it'll be a similar case with Brawl. ^^

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well before I even knew about competitive paly I thought Peach really sucked but then I started to play With her she was awesome!....

Anyways Idk yet since I dont have the game but more than likely I'll keep her as my main...
And yeah less Peach players would be neat....
And if she is low tier it'll make you more happy to know that you won with her and not one of those cheap high tier characters...

Liquid-Gold

Smash Cadet
It looks like Peach is not a beast anymore, so lots of people are complaining and looking for a new main. I'm not trying to convince them otherwise >_< In fact, I think it's a wise decision. I just want to point out why I'll personally not quit Peach, even if she got severely downgraded.

You speak truth, and you are not stupid rm88. I'm upset that Sakurai nerfed her to ridiculous proportions, but I'll still stick by my main! Who knows, maybe we'll find a use for her after more time with the game. Remember the early days of Melee when every one thought Fox was awful? (or was that just me?)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach is my favorite nintendo character.

Its fine when people john about losing to a princess

Peach got nerfed and people are crying and complaining about her. Easy to stand out and show your true skills.

Peach is more of a challenge to win with this time around.

Peach is just to damm good.

I play only peach in any muti Mario game. I'm a hardcore Peach gamer.

Peach is too damm good.

I like a woman who can use her azz more than just to get the boys.

Peach is too damm good.

I get to say kiss my azz when I hit someone with a back air and make sense when I say it.

Peach is too damm good

:)

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
Trre skills?

Sorry, this stuff just bothers me sometimes

On topic, I probably main Peach just so I can complain about how badly they nerfed her...

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well I have only a few issues with her in Brawl so far....
1. The speed of your fall when you close the Parasol...
2. Compared to other characters not many KO moves...
3. Can no longer combo as much with the Dair....
4. Turnips dissapear after hitting a shield or someone else...

Thats just about it though...I think I've got over the second jump thing....
Peach FTW!

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
I'm also the god of typos, so please excuse me;)
It's okay, I'm not so mean as to point them out all the time. Only when it's funny.

I still don't get why people are saying Peach can't kill reliably though. It looks like she kills at normal percents to me. >_>

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace

Wow... you stole my mains XD. In order of play amount, I main Zelda, Peach, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Kirby.

I agree though. She's a cool character, lots of fun to beat people with, and the fact that no one will expect her to win this time around will make it even more fun. Plus, no one can throw the "Dsmash is cheap" card this time :p.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I play whichever character's style suits me more. But if they can't do ****, then it doesn't suit me. I can't play a character who can't combo, rack up damage or KO. That's not my style.
Yeah, I can totally see your point, and I respect it ^_^ I actually like to play as low-tier characters, so I don't really care if my favorite character becomes one >_< I had the most fun in Melee trying to be competitive with Kirby, and it really payed off! There's nothing like owning a Fox with Kirby >_< I'm quite determined to be a great Peach in Brawl, and I'll have a lot of fun doing it!

Wow... you stole my mains XD. In order of play amount, I main Zelda, Peach, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Kirby.

I agree though. She's a cool character, lots of fun to beat people with, and the fact that no one will expect her to win this time around will make it even more fun. Plus, no one can throw the "Dsmash is cheap" card this time :p.
Those characters are simply way too fun! >_< And yeah, no more "you won because of Dsmash" this time.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I jus tlike this thread period its good to keep some positives out for peach. Cause even if you still want to play peach with all the negative threads I bet a couple people grimaced. So good for you XD!

Liquid-Gold

Smash Cadet
They're complaining about Marth? Seriously?

That reminds me of Ganondorf's plight as well. He was mediocre in Melee, but now they're getting carried away with their twisted form of "balancing". Curse you Sakurai!

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Sheik is really the only one that needed to be nerfed and actually got nerfed. I think she'll actually be the unbroken character she was intended to be this time.

The Marth thread is only complaining about one, unimportant feature. Marth is barely nerfed, if even.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well I think that Sheik always shouldve been nerfed and Marth maybe reduced range and that the tipper would be gone...

To me it seems that most characters in the top or high tier got nerfed while most of the others were buffed...

peekay FLASH

Smash Rookie
I will probably still use Peach as one of my Mains.
If they nerfed her that will just make it more of a challenge.

PT Fan 93

Smash Cadet
Im not a peach user but i know my brother still is gonna main peach no matter what anyone says.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to laugh if in the future someone finds a character specific technique with Peach and then all the quiters switch back to her...
I'm quitting her in competitive play in Brawl because she can't win now. I still like her for friendlies. If we ever find out ways for her to win, I'll switch back.

I see no point in playing Low Tiers in competitive play if they can't possibly win. Because why play competitively when you have to be 10 times as good as your opponent to win?

kutebabidear

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, fast internet. no items &amp; s
I'm quitting her in competitive play in Brawl because she can't win now. I still like her for friendlies. If we ever find out ways for her to win, I'll switch back.

I see no point in playing Low Tiers in competitive play if they can't possibly win. Because why play competitively when you have to be 10 times as good as your opponent to win?

dear, do you even have this game?

is this from experience or just some assumption?

cuz i actually have the game and Peach is by no means a low tier.

Surely her down smash is weakened for obvious reasons but it still does decent damage comparatively, and her increased speed, better ground attack power, much improved peach bomber, improved toad counter and improved aerials (especially air up+a's higher range) makes up for the things Peach lost.

At first I thought she was terribly weakened as I tried to play her the way I used to play in Melee, but now that I had played the game for a week, I'm loving the new Peach.

Try using more peach bomber and toad counter on top of her signature powerful aerials, and less of down smash (only use at low %)

iluvchakra

Smash Rookie
I now use Peach as an alternate main simply cuz it took me forever to unlock Jigglypuff (gamefaqs is wrong, you have to do either 350 vs matches or find her in extra stages of the subspace missions which takes longer) and I used peach for that 350 matches and I got used to her.

Peach is still strong.

Her improved Peach bomber is super annoying as it triggers FAST, has longer reach and it can even be comboed to do 30% damage, if the opponent decides to run forward again.

Peach's Toad counter actually works this time and I have used it many times to KO opponents, and can be used for edge guarding as many ppl tap attack buttons while getting back on to the platform which you can counter with Toad and KO them :chuckle:

I dunno why ppl are complaining about the new Peach. It's either they haven't given enough time learning to use the new Peach or probably has not even touched the game at all, which is extremely silly to be making judgments already.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
dear, do you even have this game?

is this from experience or just some assumption?

cuz i actually have the game and Peach is by no means a low tier.

Surely her down smash is weakened for obvious reasons but it still does decent damage comparatively, and her increased speed, better ground attack power, much improved peach bomber, improved toad counter and improved aerials (especially air up+a's higher range) makes up for the things Peach lost.

At first I thought she was terribly weakened as I tried to play her the way I used to play in Melee, but now that I had played the game for a week, I'm loving the new Peach.

Try using more peach bomber and toad counter on top of her signature powerful aerials, and less of down smash (only use at low %)
I never said Peach was Low Tier as in "Low Tier". I see no reason to play "Lower Tiered" characters, however. Peach is most probably Mid.

I have played the game... extensively.

Her Peach Bomber is still too slow to use reliably. Toad is still a counter and leaves he wide open. Improved aerials my tuchas. Every single aerial has been weakened in some way except Forward Air and Back Air. Up Air is weaker in knockback, Down Air launches on the last hit so no more combos from Down Air and Neutral Air lasts for a shorter period of time, has much less priority, less knockback, less range and the sweetspot disapppears almost instantly.

Signature powerful aerials? Hardly.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
It seems like the vast majority of the people who complain about Peach are the one's least willing to change. I mean, did you want her to stay completely the same and just have a new outfit?

Top Bottom