• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why i should main Lucario?

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is an everyman character with no direct weaknesses, many ways to play him, and an excellent utility projectile.

He's got decent recovery and amazing aerials, as well as a mini-chaingrab that can combo into many moves AA-FP Grab-FP Grab- whatever.

RMAC

Smash Cadet
Hes covered in BLUE FLAMES! (That in itself should make you want to main him lol)
Easily strings attacks together.
Wall clinging out of Up-b just looks and feels fricking awesome
Gets stronger with more damage
Double Team, although slow, is a great way to get back to the stage when opponents are trying to knock you further away

He's just plain awesome

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I would use him mostly because he's fun as hell to use.

He has good matchups with all characters and goes even with MK AND Snake which 95% of the cast can't do.

Aura Boost is sexy.

He's on fire and he's awesome. The only thing more awesome are the people that main him.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
I would use him mostly because he's fun as hell to use.

He has good matchups with all characters and goes even with MK AND Snake which 95% of the cast can't do.

Aura Boost is sexy.

He's on fire and he's awesome. The only thing more awesome are the people that main him.
Ill just quote that :)

Chillstar7

Smash Rookie
i like the sound of blue fire coming out of my hands(paws in Lucario' case.) ill try him out. sorry i posted and it didnt show so i reposted then i had 2 posts

chetjan

Smash Cadet
I love to play him just because he is fun to play and combo with.

He also easy to make a comeback with because the aura multiplier gets boosted when you're losing.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I love to play him just because he is fun to play and combo with.

He also easy to make a comeback with because the aura multiplier gets boosted when you're losing.
That is also a weakness considering that you weaken when your winning...

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you are a person who wants more rewards when being in complete danger (as in low on stack, being behind, deal more damage when taking more damage), setting off combos, decent aerial game, and have a balance of power and quick attacks, then Lucario is a guy for you.

If you are someone who prefer landing strong meteor smashes, pulling off powerful attacks over speed (and vice versa), or someone who doesn't think Lucario is Pokemon version of Chuck Norris, then you may need to reconsider.

Syran

Smash Rookie
Because he's one of the most aesthetically pleasing characters in teh game? I mean, who DOESN'T want to play as a blue and white jackal with spikes running through it?? And the blue flames?

On a more serious note:
He can combo extremely well and his air game is excellent. His recovery move can curve and he can chain grab slightly. His projectile is excellent and his power is ratio'd to his damage. He's the only character to have this ratio, as well as the curving recovery, he's steel/fighting and he's one of three characters in the Pokemon series to have the attack Aura Sphere. Also, he can wall cling for the longest time and can recover from them, as well as his double team is a one frame counter. His smashes are powerful. His D-Air is the longest suspended attack.

However, he can be edgehogged easily by a character who knows what he's doing. He can be KO'd at far too low of a percentage by heavy characters and his smashes are slow. Double Team is sometimes glitchy or will overall miss and he cannot spike. His projectiles, when not charged, have little range and damage.

But don't take my word for it. Go try it out yourself and discover his potential (or lack of if you feel like it)

May the Aura be with you.

Browny

Smash Hater
chaingrab slightly? his is the next best thing behind DDD/IC infinites, at least it doesnt run out of room so often like pikachus.

double team is not even close to a 1 frame counter lol. and i think his usmash is the longest suspended attack :).

Syran

Smash Rookie
Really? Wow. Haha, I don't really care much about the technical stuff, it just sounds cool when you tell other people about them.
It's so much better to just go ahead and try Lucario out then to go and tell them on a forum...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Well, its up to you really. However, I must say you are making a good choice if your planning to play Lucario.
For one, he's not a bunny. I say that with many reasons behind it.
-You'll only see about one or two full time lucario players at a tourney. (not overused)
-He's the definition of Clutch, as quoted from Overswarm. (its a good description)
-The Community is great, really nice people once you get to know them, which if your open wont take very long. (aka familiness)

Secondly,
Take care of Lucario, and he will take care of you.
- Blood Hawk

He has very creative playstyles, and will bend to how you see fit. Meaning, there is no one way to play him.

Oh and here's a few links that can help you..
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167767 <-The P's and Q's of Cario
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189767 <-That weekly discussion
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173703 <-Playstyles against the big names

He's a great character in the whole, but needs a little ironing out to get good with him-
Don't get discouraged in the beginning, Lucario is a hard character to pick up compared to some of the others in the cast. But everyone plays those characters. Be different and unique!
Play Lucario.

-t2

ShikaChef

Smash Cadet
Pros:
Fastest roll dodge.
Decent projectile.
Power increases as his % increases.
Long wall cling.
Can crawl.
Side special can CG at low percents.
U tilt can combo into more U tilt's.
Can use two fairs in one short hop.
Dair can be used to stall.
Has the fastest pummel in the game.
Has a good wavebounce.

Cons:
Smashes have a decent amount of starting lag, and are easy to punish.
Down special is very easy to punish.
Easily edgehogged.
Slowish running speed.
Attack power is rather low at low %.
Up special is easy to punish if not sweetspotted- which will be happening quite a lot, as your opponent will be edgehogging a lot.

Thar, that good enough? D:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
chaingrab slightly? his is the next best thing behind DDD/IC infinites, at least it doesnt run out of room so often like pikachus.

double team is not even close to a 1 frame counter lol. and i think his usmash is the longest suspended attack :).
Excuse me, what the fuck are you on, and where can I get some? Our "chaingrab" can be broken out of by ANYONE all the way up until the point where it ends for everyone not named Snake, DDD, or Wolf (and even then it's only up to 40% or so realistically). If anything, I'd say our chaingrab is one of if not THE ABSOLUTE WORST legitimate chaingrab in the game due to how pathetically easy it is to escape, and the fact that a simple Fair-Nair-Jab-Jab-ForcePalm/Grab would've gotten you even more damage in less time with less room for error.

Also, Falco much?

Browny

Smash Hater
forgot falco :/

either way its still good. ever try getting a grab off with pikachu vs a player who avoids the CG like crazy? its just about impossible his grab range is even worse than lucarios and he cant grab people out of midair like FP can. and you are still under the impression that people can mash buttons at the speed of light. try to get out of it regularly NOT in 1/4 speed training when you arent expecting it. 12 frames is human reaction time, 11 for the first FP. so the only time a person has to go from playing normally to button mashing like crazy is the time between the next FP which is not nearly enough time. Ive never had anyone escape mine and they all know about it, I abuse it like crazy

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
forgot falco :/

either way its still good. ever try getting a grab off with pikachu vs a player who avoids the CG like crazy? its just about impossible his grab range is even worse than lucarios and he cant grab people out of midair like FP can. and you are still under the impression that people can mash buttons at the speed of light. try to get out of it regularly NOT in 1/4 speed training when you arent expecting it. 12 frames is human reaction time, 11 for the first FP. so the only time a person has to go from playing normally to button mashing like crazy is the time between the next FP which is not nearly enough time. Ive never had anyone escape mine and they all know about it, I abuse it like crazy
Oh, and you must really have Pikachu problems. Pikachu's grab range is actually quite a bit better than Lucario's, and his speed makes them much easier to pull off.

2 FPs is the most you should ever get in a row. That's like 14%. You get more out of your Fair-Dair combo.

Top Bottom