• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I am a Christian

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Because people like you are not a good example. I don't mean to be rude, seeing as I'm a Christian myself, but many Christians are not tolerant at all.
Wait..how am I not a good example? And of what? That is rather offensive...

why? what's wrong with people getting more and more rational?
How is denying and rejecting Christ rational? That is a pretty vague statement...

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
When you say "I honestly don't see how in this day and age that someone could not be a Christian...", you're offending people yourself. What if someone told you "I can't see how you're not Muslim/Jewish."? If Christianity works well for you, that's good, but you shouldn't make statements like that, questioning people in that manner.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
When you say "I honestly don't see how in this day and age that someone could not be a Christian...", you're offending people yourself
Why?

What if someone told you "I can't see how you're not Muslim/Jewish."?
I can easily answer that though. It's because Jews and Muslims are violent and blasphemous to the Lord Jesus Christ. I couldn't join those religions since the Bible forbids them.

If Christianity works well for you, that's good, but you shouldn't make statements like that, questioning people in that manner.
But the Bible says I should. Shouldn't you question someone if you feel they are making a bad choice?

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
You're offending people because they don't want to change, even if it is good for them, in your perspective. Same way you don't.

They could also say that Christians were violent and blasphemous during the Crusades, and to their own gods. You see where I'm going with this?

I understand where you're coming from, but you can't follow every single word of this book blindly. If everyone did that with their own books, there'd be constant war and struggle to determine who's right because there's no clearcut answer.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
You're offending people because they don't want to change, even if it is good for them, in your perspective. Same way you don't.
Well, okay, I guess I can see it from that perspective. But what do you mean I don't want to change? In what context?

They could also say that Christians were violent and blasphemous during the Crusades, and to their own gods
Well those are Catholics, who are not Christians, but that's a larger discussion for a different time, which I can discuss with you in the debates forum or PM, but not here because I don't want to get carried away.

I don't see how holy wars are against Yahweh God though. He clearly loves war, but not raw violence.

I understand where you're coming from, but you can't follow every single word of this book blindly.
But I don't see following every word of the Bible as blind.

If everyone did that with their own books, there'd be constant war and struggle to determine who's right because there's no clearcut answer.
Not if they actually followed the Bible.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
When I said you'd not want to change, I meant you wouldn't want to convert.

You can see the Bible in any way you want, but you shouldn't force other people to see it the way you do. They must determine that for themselves. Again, you would never consider taking someone else's holy book, seeing as you think you're right, no? It's the same thing for them. No one actually knows if any of this is right, we only believe.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
I am a Christian too, but I actually agree with Kio. Forbox, You do not attack people for believing other things, Jesus loves everyone, he doesn't care if they are any other religion, they still are beings he created and it is up for them to decide, not you.

Also, catholics are Christians, they are just a different body of the church, and even though they have many issues(Idolism, corruption, and etc.) They still are a part of the body, and believe what you believe.

Thats whats sad these day's with the church, the word RELIGION, I personally hate those holier than thou types who only do things in church, to boost what people think of them. Real christianity is about love, and not about rank, status, etc.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
I am a Christian too, but I actually agree with Kio. Forbox, You do not attack people for believing other things, Jesus loves everyone, he doesn't care if they are any other religion, they still are beings he created and it is up for them to decide, not you.

Also, catholics are Christians, they are just a different body of the church, and even though they have many issues(Idolism, corruption, and etc.) They still are a part of the body, and believe what you believe.

Thats whats sad these day's with the church, the word RELIGION, I personally hate those holier than thou types who only do things in church, to boost what people think of them. Real christianity is about love, and not about rank, status, etc.
I disagree with this statement to an extent because God doesn't love all of the beings of this world. He, according to YOUR bible, wiped everyone off the face of the earth in a flood except for Noah and 2 of every animal (impressive). and according to Christians, Muslims and Jews apparently he condones Jihad (holy war). Your god, supposedly had his own son murdered for your sins and according to revelation he is going to allow the end of the world to come about, ending us all.

On to Fox, looking at some of your recent posts at the debate hall, and now these posts it is obvious you are not only biased but ignorant. You are intolerant of any one with that doesn't share your ideology. Now I don't claim to know how the creation of the world came about. It could of have been creation, it could have been the Big Bang, most likely it was neither of these things, but I am not ok with you putting people down like this because they don't beleive in your fables.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
I disagree with this statement to an extent because God doesn't love all of the beings of this world. He, according to YOUR bible, wiped everyone off the face of the earth in a flood except for Noah and 2 of every animal (impressive). and according to Christians, Muslims and Jews apparently he condones Jihad (holy war). Your god, supposedly had his own son murdered for your sins and according to revelation he is going to allow the end of the world to come about, ending us all.

On to Fox, looking at some of your recent posts at the debate hall, and now these posts it is obvious you are not only biased but ignorant. You are intolerant of any one with that doesn't share your ideology. Now I don't claim to know how the creation of the world came about. It could of have been creation, it could have been the Big Bang, most likely it was neither of these things, but I am not ok with you putting people down like this because they don't beleive in your fables.

Why do nonchristians spend their life beating up on christians? Non christians say that christianity isn't tolerant enoguh and that it should be tolerant. there is nothing about christianity that is tolerant.

christians don't (or shouldn't) tell other people they are wrong because they want to feel superior. When you become a christian, the holy spirit comes inside you and teaches you how to act and how to love other people. Christians tell people about God because they want other people to know how amazing God is and they want those people to live in heaven.

God doesn't "tolerate", eitehr. Something in this world is either from god or from the devil. I'm not saying that tv or pancakes are from god or the devil, i'm talking about attittudes like apathy and skepticism.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I thought the story would have more to it but I guess it was okay. It's good to see you stopped treating Christians badly. I've accepted that religion isn't for me. If I Christians are right then I'll go to hell, if they're wrong I'll just cease to exist. Simple as that. I can't live the way christians live, it's just too strict for such a short life. Sure I can repent but what's the point if I just do it again, I'm fine with my simple non-Christian life and I'm fine with Christians [just as long as they don't start debates or impose their beliefs on people].

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
I, of course do not believe God loves everyone. Or Jesus. Or that anyone on Earth should love everyone as the Bible teaches against it.

You are intolerant of any one with that doesn't share your ideology. Now I don't claim to know how the creation of the world came about. It could of have been creation, it could have been the Big Bang, most likely it was neither of these things, but I am not ok with you putting people down like this because they don't beleive in your fables.
When have I put down people because they don't accept my "fables?"

When I said you'd not want to change, I meant you wouldn't want to convert.
I couldn't convert even if I wanted to. Only God converts.

You can see the Bible in any way you want, but you shouldn't force other people to see it the way you do. They must determine that for themselves. Again, you would never consider taking someone else's holy book, seeing as you think you're right, no? It's the same thing for them. No one actually knows if any of this is right, we only believe.

How am I forcing anyone to believe anything?

Frey

Smash Journeyman
I, of course do not believe God loves everyone. Or Jesus. Or that anyone on Earth should love everyone as the Bible teaches against it.

I couldn't convert even if I wanted to. Only God converts.

How am I forcing anyone to believe anything?
Believe what you want, but God prefers grace over justice, and you preaching to these people about how god doesnt love everyone is bull****. He personally would never want anyone to goto hell, however, he prefers humans to have a little thing called free will. If they don't want to receive him, then they don't have to.

And also, to the guy saying the judgements show that god hates, think what you must as well, but theres was a difference in the judgement back then, whereas after Jesus died, a whole new system came out of it, which allows people to receive grace more often instead of suffering the full penalty, god loves people, he just hates sin and what it forces him to do, and when the final day comes, he basically will leave the world. God never condoned holy war, and even says in the bible, about people killing in his name, but will not know him. Look man, unlike fox, I am not a non-christian hating guy who doesn't know a thing about the bible. I actually do read it and study it, so I do know my points are good. The god of islam is not jesus by the way, it is a separate false god. I am just replying to your post, you can still keep your opinions.

Also, it was jesus's choice to go down, it wasn't got who forced him to die, he could have left anytime, but chose to stay because he knew the importance.

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
. Simple as that. I can't live the way Christians live, it's just too strict for such a short life. .
You're joking right?

I live in Oklahoma, the Bible Belt of America. There are more churches here than any other establishment. I can literally take pictures of churches that are right next to each other.

Interestingly enough, there are tons of liquor stores and strip clubs in Oklahoma as well. Ever heard the term "Christians aren't perfect, they're forgiven.", it seems that the vast majority of Christians use this term as a blanket for their actions.

The bible, yeah that was heavily altered by Emperor Constantine. You know, the Romans... The same people that crucified Jesus. Not to mention how they set women back as a sex about 2 thousand years. Then King Henry(can't remember what number) had the bible rewritten again as a new testament, oh... He was corrupt and had several officials in the church, that were no doubt equally corrupt. Why did he have the bible rewritten? Divine Providence, so the church allowed him to make some edits and omissions because the old testament probably made him feel guilty about his abused power.

The two documents that are the basis of the belief structure in Christianity came from a corrupt king and demented emperor.

There are hundreds of contradictions in the old and new testament. The original scrolls were written in Hebrew, then condensed into a bible that was translated to Latin in the process. Complete books of the bible were left out, yeah... The ones that show the God that lacks compassion and commits genocide of an innocent race of giants, Nephilim. Or the ones about Jesuses wife, those have just recently been discovered because they were removed from the bible by the clergy. HEY LOOK! MORE CORRUPTION!

Since God would know this is going on, why doesn't he do anything to set the record straight so that his children are not lead astray? Well, probably for the same reason Winny the Pooh never gave you some honey or why you have never played touch football with Charlie Brown.

If you have a problem grasping the previous statement, allow me to simplify. THEY ARE FIGMENTS OF YOUR ****ING IMAGINATION!

This goes on and on and on... Its really sad. The only good thing that has came from religion is morality, and who is to say that even came from religion? It is a fact that humans, and all living creatures have an innate will to live. Its called self-preservation, and through that it would be easier to think of an afterlife with abstract thought than acknowledge that there might be nothing at the end. And morality comes from respect, you can observe social interactions that include respect from chimps as well as any social animal(I.E. Wolves, Lions, Penguins, Seals.).

Oh by the way, since St. Patricks day wasn't to long ago. There were never any snakes in Ireland. Snake is a metaphor for Druid, St. Patrick converted the Druids to Catholicism. Druids were very specific to Celts, and one of the defining traits of Ireland. Their influence can still be seen in artwork, and Christianity... Like CHRISTMAS!!!!

Christianity plays on the ignorance of man, it even states this in the bible. Adam and Eve ate the fruit from THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE, and thus cast out of Eden by God. Why would a religion be against knowledge? Maybe for the simple reason that an idiot is more likely to be gullible than an educated person.

Thankfully, I have noticed that there is a decline of Christians. This may be due to the abundance of knowledge known as the internet. The beliefs that make the most sense will be accepted easier than outrageous fictitious unfounded supreme beings, which seems to make sense why Christianity seems to be evaporating. This is however, speculation.

Men were modeled off of god, god is perfect; men are not. God, the entity that loves you infinitely. He loves you more than your own parents who will forgive some of your most horrendous trespasses, even if you murdered some one in most cases. But if you **** up hardcore in life, God will punish you for eternity.

Infinite love, if betrayed... Punishment for eternity.

My bull**** meter went off the charts, and yours should to.

Now am I against religion? No!
Am I against organized religion? Yes!
Am I against people who state they are apart of a religion, but don't follow the doctrine of that religion? Now that I mention it, I do dislike the vast majority of Christians.

But thats ok, they are forgiven... They think.

If you want to see how religion works, do a search for Pastafarianism.

In closing, and I know this post is gynormous.

"If god is the model of our fathers, and our fathers abandoned us. What does that say about god?" - Tyler Durden.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
How about MetaknightsSword? You attacked him for his beleif in Islam, every where you go there is a religious battle.

I am not in any way sacrilegious, I do not set out to make Christians feel bad but I will not stand for your crap, its ridiculous.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Believe what you want, but God prefers grace over justice
He prefers neither. He prefers worship.

nd you preaching to these people about how god doesnt love everyone is bull****

Why? The Bible says God hates most people, since God is a being of hatred.

He personally would never want anyone to goto hell

Then why does he send them there? Why does he laugh at them burning in hell?

however, he prefers humans to have a little thing called free will.

Then why didn't he create free will? Free will does not exist for a reason, God thinks such an idea is foolish.

If they don't want to receive him, then they don't have to.

God chooses if you believe in him or not. So of course you don't have to, since God doesn't want you to believe in him, if that's the case.

Christians aren't perfect, they're forgiven.

That has to be the worst saying I've ever heard in my life regarding Christianity, and if any preacher preaches that, he is a false prophet. I'd avoid them, for they don't preach Christianity.

How about MetaknightsSword? You attacked him for his beleif in Islam, every where you go there is a religious battle.

How did I attack him? I said he was an idol worshiper, and he PM'd me a gazillion times with curse words and nasty messages. How is that attacking him?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
How did I attack him? I said he was an idol worshiper, and he PM'd me a gazillion times with curse words and nasty messages. How is that attacking him?
NO! NO ! NO! NO! I kno said I would not comment u anymore but to this im gonna make an exception cause that is not how it started!!! That is NOT How it started!!!!!! U first made a comment on how Islam is against the will of christainity when it is is not! one reason was that we dont Believe that Jesus Christ was god but a prophet of God! then u called the way we pray sinful. U dared called our book the Qu'ran Trash! u said we worshipped an idol when we dont! U said the Qu'ran teaches about Satanism when u didnt even show where it said in the Book that it promote Satanism! U said that our prophet had sex with with what? 25 women after he destroyed the false idols that ppl used to worship?!?! OH AND THEN IT GETS BETTER!!!!! u dared to PM and and have the balls...THE BALLS ...for u to act all ignorant and to ask me and I in fact quote "What about what I say angers you so much?" ...U knew...U KNEW ..WTH was it that angered me so much and u chose to remain ignorant about it! U KNEW WHY I WAS ANGRY!!! AND U STILL ACT LIKE A BIGOT!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
I can't even understand what you just typed. I'm sorry, can you shorten your post and clean it up a little bit?

Miharu

Smash Hero
Why do nonchristians spend their life beating up on christians? Non christians say that christianity isn't tolerant enoguh and that it should be tolerant. there is nothing about christianity that is tolerant.
How do you know this? Did God tell you this himself?

christians don't (or shouldn't) tell other people they are wrong because they want to feel superior. When you become a christian, the holy spirit comes inside you and teaches you how to act and how to love other people. Christians tell people about God because they want other people to know how amazing God is and they want those people to live in heaven.
That's fine, but when people state that they'll forgo heaven or whatever it is the afterlife holds in store for them, leave them alone. They have as much of a right to believe in whatever they choose as much as you do to believe in Christianity.

God doesn't "tolerate", eitehr. Something in this world is either from god or from the devil. I'm not saying that tv or pancakes are from god or the devil, i'm talking about attittudes like apathy and skepticism.
You realize that it's statements like these that lead people to hate Christianity (and all other religions to a certain extent), because some feel the need to use the "you're either with us or against us" mindset to classify every single little thing.

With that being said, stop feeding forboxgux; he's a clearly a forum troll who refuses to use logic in any of the statements that he's making. Pretty obvious that you're a joke when lecture as if you know exactly how your "God" thinks.

This is an extremist as its finest: twisting the concepts of his/her religion to suit is own needs.

Funny how he states that humans have no free will.

NO! NO ! NO! NO! I kno said I would not comment u anymore but to this im gonna make an exception cause that is not how it started!!! That is NOT How it started!!!!!! U first made a comment on how Islam is against the will of christainity when it is is not! one reason was that we dont Believe that Jesus Christ was god but a prophet of God! then u called the way we pray sinful. U dared called our book the Qu'ran Trash! u said we worshipped an idol when we dont! U said the Qu'ran teaches about Satanism when u didnt even show where it said in the Book that it promote Satanism! U said that our prophet had sex with with what? 25 women after he destroyed the false idols that ppl used to worship?!?! OH AND THEN IT GETS BETTER!!!!! u dared to PM and and have the balls...THE BALLS ...for u to act all ignorant and to ask me and I in fact quote "What about what I say angers you so much?" ...U knew...U KNEW ..WTH was it that angered me so much and u chose to remain ignorant about it! U KNEW WHY I WAS ANGRY!!! AND U STILL ACT LIKE A BIGOT!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Stop taking his obvious flamebait. You do realize that his typing in such a manner with the intention of inciting responses such as yours?

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Sir, you are ravaging the English language. All I ask is you make your post shorter and more clear. You need to calm down too. I swear, you're going to get a heart attack if you keep this up.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Sir, you are ravaging the English language. All I ask is you make your post shorter and more clear. You need to calm down too. I swear, you're going to get a heart attack if you keep this up.
no not really...the only thing I messed up was a couple of words. I have spell check on my PC..this would've told me if I was.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Well spelling is not the only way to make a post confusing, though your spelling does not a little help (spell checks don't always work out). I simply can't understand that long tirade you directed at me. Simply make it shorter and cleaner so we can get to the root of the problem.

TheKingofDes

Smash Apprentice
Why i am not Christian

1.The Bible has no proof
2. The Bible supports Murder of animals
3. Religion is good for nothing but war
4. Church is Boring(personal opinion)
5. Church wastes time (personal opinion)
6. Because getting your hopes up for a fictional story to come true is about as realistic as Scientology

Miharu

Smash Hero
Well spelling is not the only way to make a post confusing, though your spelling does not a little help (spell checks don't always work out). I simply can't understand that long tirade you directed at me. Simply make it shorter and cleaner so we can get to the root of the problem.
Indeed, spelling isn't the only that makes a post confusing.

TheKingofDes

Smash Apprentice
No proof of Existance

Animals are living creatures with emotions

Islam-attacking Christianity Judaism

Scientology has just about as great a chance of being right as Christianity

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, spelling isn't the only that makes a post confusing.
Even I can't get everything correct. Sorry about the confusion. But I still can't understand that man's post. But I feel he doesn't want me to understand him.

No proof of Existance
There's no proof that the Bible exist?

Animals are living creatures with emotions
Says who? And that doesn't exactly answer my question.

Scientology has just about as great a chance of being right as Christianity
In what way?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Even I can't get everything correct. Sorry about the confusion. But I still can't understand that man's post. But I feel he doesn't want me to understand him.
No, the fact is not that I don't want you to understand me....but rather the fact is that you CHOOSE not to understand me....

TheKingofDes

Smash Apprentice
Well There is no proof of the stories in the bible

Last time i checked animals were living, hence they can feel pain

Both religions blindly follow two supposed great ones with unbelievable stories

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Please note, this a response to the original poster and his/her topic, not any responses above me. I have not even read those responses.

I had avoided opening this topic because I thought it was another one of those Christians trying to get everybody else to become a Christian, but I was happy to see it was a mature post which isn't trying to convince anybody.

I can relate with your story in some ways. The big difference here is I grew up in a Christian family. I was raised as a Christian and always went around saying I was one. My family wasn't one of these "fake Christian" families as you call them. We went to church, I was baptized at 11 and got my own Bible. Me alone, on the other hand, could be called a fake Christian.

I may have claimed I loved and believed in God, I may have went to church, and things like that, but truthfully I hated Church. I never hated the idea of God, but I wasn't a very good Christian. I dreaded waking up for Church on Sunday mornings, I wouldn't even join my youth group in the Church we're attending right now.

So about 11th grade I started pulling away from Christianity, I saw many things that disproved Christianity for me, and I became one of those Atheists like you did. I didn't, however, show it so much in real life. There was a girl I sat by in band that I once told her she was living a lie, but other than that I kept it completely to myself. This was, mainly due to fear. Where I live (the Bible Belt) Atheists are considered horrible people, and I've heard of people getting rejected for applying jobs solely because of this. I can not say those stories are true, but they are very believable.

I feel very bad about those few years of my life. Later last year I started calling myself an "Agnostic" mainly to hint that I wasn't really a believer of God while protecting myself from the horrible label of "Atheist". Towards the very end of last year I really started thinking I AM an Agnostic, and completely slipped away from bashing Christians.

Speaking of that girl I said was "living a lie", she, for some reason has stayed a friend. Early fall (like literally the first day of it if I remember right.) she begged me to go to her church because she was performing and none of her other friends could make it. I coldly said "no" at the beginning, but then she called me, and she got pretty emotional and ended up convincing me to go. So I did end up going, and this could be what triggered me gravitating towards the idea of God being true again.

I have kind of become more Christian within the past few months. I have went to church a few times and I even went to Church on the release date of Brawl (before I got it!), so I've grown more patient.

Basically I have regained belief in a God.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Well There is no proof of the stories in the bible
In what way?

Last time i checked animals were living, hence they can feel pain
You said feelings and emotions, not pain. Pain is a sensory, not an emotion. Only some animals have basic emotions, the rest are just dirt dumb.

Both religions blindly follow two supposed great ones with unbelievable stories
In what way?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Please note, this a response to the original poster and his/her topic, not any responses above me. I have not even read those responses.

I had avoided opening this topic because I thought it was another one of those Christians trying to get everybody else to become a Christian, but I was happy to see it was a mature post which isn't trying to convince anybody.

I can relate with your story in some ways. The big difference here is I grew up in a Christian family. I was raised as a Christian and always went around saying I was one. My family wasn't one of these "fake Christian" families as you call them. We went to church, I was baptized at 11 and got my own Bible. Me alone, on the other hand, could be called a fake Christian.

I may have claimed I loved and believed in God, I may have went to church, and things like that, but truthfully I hated Church. I never hated the idea of God, but I wasn't a very good Christian. I dreaded waking up for Church on Sunday mornings, I wouldn't even join my youth group in the Church we're attending right now.

So about 11th grade I started pulling away from Christianity, I saw many things that disproved Christianity for me, and I became one of those Atheists like you did. I didn't, however, show it so much in real life. There was a girl I sat by in band that I once told her she was living a lie, but other than that I kept it completely to myself. This was, mainly due to fear. Where I live (the Bible Belt) Atheists are considered horrible people, and I've heard of people getting rejected for applying jobs solely because of this. I can not say those stories are true, but they are very believable.

I feel very bad about those few years of my life. Later last year I started calling myself an "Agnostic" mainly to hint that I wasn't really a believer of God while protecting myself from the horrible label of "Atheist". Towards the very end of last year I really started thinking I AM an Agnostic, and completely slipped away from bashing Christians.

Speaking of that girl I said was "living a lie", she, for some reason has stayed a friend. Early fall (like literally the first day of it if I remember right.) she begged me to go to her church because she was performing and none of her other friends could make it. I coldly said "no" at the beginning, but then she called me, and she got pretty emotional and ended up convincing me to go. So I did end up going, and this could be what triggered me gravitating towards the idea of God being true again.

I have kind of become more Christian within the past few months. I have went to church a few times and I even went to Church on the release date of Brawl (before I got it!), so I've grown more patient.

Mashallah for u my friend (^^)v :)

TheKingofDes

Smash Apprentice
You said feelings and emotions, not pain. Pain is a sensory, not an emotion. Only some animals have basic emotions, the rest are just dirt dumb. (for box the ignorant redneck)

How?

Jarvis75

Smash Rookie

Agnosticism isn't the disbelief in God, its rather the doubt of certain claims of the higher power. Agnostics believe that they will never know what the higher being is until they perish, therefore there is no point in worrying oneself about it. The disbelief in any god is typically Atheism, Nihilism, and agnostic theists.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Agnosticism isn't the disbelief in God, its rather the doubt of certain claims of the higher power. Agnostics believe that they will never know what the higher being is until they perish, therefore there is no point in worrying oneself about it. The disbelief in any god is typically Atheism, Nihilism, and agnostic theists.
I know exactly what being Agnostic means, I'm just meaning that it showed that I'm not a Christian, and that I might have doubts.

BTW, thanks MetaKnight'sSword.

Jarvis75

Smash Rookie
To Metaknight'ssword, I understand your anger about him insulting your religion, it is well deserved. I tend to dislike people as ignorant as to insult someone for their faiths.

Jarvis75

Smash Rookie
I know exactly what being Agnostic means, I'm just meaning that it showed that I'm not a Christian, and that I might have doubts.

BTW, thanks MetaKnight'sSword.
Oh ok :), I understand, I have been in the same boat as you before.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
(for box the ignorant redneck)
Uh...how am I a "redneck?"

Pain, in the physical sense is an unpleasant sensory, unless the person meant emotional pain, in which I doubt most animal species feel emotional pain. Very few animals even grieve for the dead, since they are incapable of doing so. It just happens to be animals level of Evolution.

To Metaknight'ssword, I understand your anger about him insulting your religion, it is well deserved. I tend to dislike people as ignorant as to insult someone for their faiths.
How have I insulted his religion? All he's done is insult me.

Top Bottom