• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Has Meta Knight NOT been banned yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I am aware of the fact that the Smash backroom had to take a poll or decide amongst each other whether or not Meta Knight should indeed be banned from tournaments but, the reality of this is that half of the smash backroom mains Meta Knight and uses him. I find this to be really funny personally because it shows that everything in society is truly, politics.

I used to be a Meta Knight main and often used him in tournaments and to this day only use him when I am playing another Meta Knight. I am now currently a Marth main.

Meta Knight is arguably, one of the most broken characters in a fighting game. Sagat in SF IV, Pikachu in N64, and Jin in Tekken 4 are at least very beatable.

His WORST match up is Snake and even from there....its 50-50 MAYBE. You could argue that "Well, Fox's worst matchup in Melee was Marth....." Yes; true, but Fox was possible to gimp and he had a disadvantage on certain stages.

One strong aspect about Brawl that draws a lot of people to the game is the ability to use a vast number of characters and be successful with those characters. We now see Marios, Luigis, GAW's, Sheiks, Zeldas, etc. The problem with Meta Knight is that it really takes the LEAST amount of skill to use him at a decent level. I'm not saying hes 1, 2, 3 and you win but, he definitely takes the least amount of time to get good with him. A prime example could be a personal experience that I encountered yesterday at my school at SCSU. It was a local tournament but another smasher from CT came to it to try to win some money. (Shades of some people who play Brawl, they are in it for the $$$) I know he uses Meta Knight and I just could not get the job done as Marth. Once Marth goes off stage all he has to do is see my jump and then hit me with any aerial and i die. I went MK and I had not brought him to tournament in about 5-6 months and I was able to beat him twice once against his DDD and once against his Meta Knight in a ditto. He had been practicing and using Meta Knight for 2-3 months and I was able to pick him up at random in a tournament and win. Luck and a crock of BS if you ask me. I was not even proud of the win. Also, in the match I did a FULLY CHARGED shield breaker and it did not break his sheild and no, it was not perfect shielded.

I find that a BIG reason why people are drawn away from Brawl are in fact because of Meta Knight. MK taken out of this game would draw in so many more players across the US. Banning him would create so much more balance in the game. I also love how the "no ledge stalling past 50 times" or whatever was implemented to "soften" how good Meta Knight is. No other character can camp the ledge as well as Meta Knight. Meta Knight is still stupid. So in a sense, that new "rule" was just for Meta Knight.

I also find it extremely funny how EVERY single smasher who plays Brawl knows how stupid and cheap he is yet, hes still allowed. I definitely knew when I took MK to tournament that I was being cheap and dumb and all of his moves had ridiculous knock back and priority. Everyone knows that Meta Knight is beyond good and just....stupid. Please, flame me. We all know Meta Knight is the dumbest and cheapest character out of all the smash video games. :)

I would like to see the people in the smash back room win tournaments without using Meta Knight. I'm not saying those players are not GOOD but I'm saying they would not be as dominate without the use of MK.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
"Well, Fox's worst matchup in Melee was Marth....."
Falco

i highly doubt the back room's reason for leaving metaknight unbanned is for personal gain.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I am not posting the definition of broken again right now. Look it up on urban dictionary, then read the second definition, which applies to video games. MK fits none of the criteria.

Conti

Smash Ace
lmao... After going to APEX today with my bad MK... seeing all the other MKs, idk, alot of them were not really high skill level either. [some were].. I personally love MK... hes very fun, and well idk fits my playstyle... but i feel so like H0M0S3XUAL playn as him that, lol last night i decided to try diddy kong...
After some practice today, i somehow... got really decent with diddy really fast... He takes a lot more skill to play as, and idk... very fun too... I'll use my MK not as much (if i lose 1st match ill most likely switch)... Cuz idk, Im like that
[ i just rambled]
But all and all... MK is "cheap" at some level of degree... but he can be skillful... He is DEFINATLY beatable and i dont feel he should be banned...

Cause Lain just beat the 2 best MK players with ICs, get ***** son XD.

MK is beatable.
Oh and That is amazing =]

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
Is he the best in the game? Yes.

Is he perfect? No.

Is he a hard match up? Yes.

Is he everyone's worst match up? No.

Is he a difficult opponent in tournaments? Yes.

Does he limit other characters from being viable? No.

Does he warrent banning? I don't think so.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yeah, but it takes SKILL to use the Ice Climbers and do their chain grabs.

Also, I'm not a scrub...my real username is Prince of Fire....been on here for about a year or two. I just made a new account because i like the way this one looks better.

Meta Knight is stupid and is the reason why many Melee players hate it.

|RK|

Smash Marketer

Yeah, you lost this argument the second

You thought of it

Your points are worthless and disproven easily

And if you hate Brawl so much

Then don't play it.

Simple. I happen to like Brawl,

Alot. I like Lucario,

But moreso, I like Kirby.

Yesh.
:kirby2:

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah, but it takes SKILL to use the Ice Climbers and do their chain grabs.

Also, I'm not a scrub...my real username is Prince of Fire....been on here for about a year or two. I just made a new account because i like the way this one looks better.

Meta Knight is stupid and is the reason why many Melee players hate it.
and THAT^^^ Mentality Is why Melee Players Play MELEE! [DUHHHHHHHHH]

******** comment lol...
MK DOES take skill... just a lower margin of skill...
but playing MK doesnt make u an uber pro automaticly... thats what ur practically sayn
and idc how long u've been along... im a fkn nubzor... and i know ur being ignorant and just makin urself look bad

should of at least tryd this thread on a board that would get ur back or have a smart discussion, ur being rediculous, tryn to prove sometin we already sort of know... but disagree
its like walking into a Ghetto bar full of black people [im not racist] in like Camden screaming the N Word..... not smart

Conti

Smash Ace
So where you play as metaknight, you start to become sexually attracted to the same sex? Either that or you're using the term wrong
LOL yea, my mind thinks men are attractive when i play mk =]...JK
When i play MK, i sometimes feel ashamed cuz everyone hates him =[

I'm not even like Uber with him... but whatever... Im doing well with diddy, im proud of myself... cuz i suck as like everyone... but i somehow picked diddy right away, learned how to glide toss in like a day... and idk, hes lots of fun....

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Is he the best in the game? Yes.

Is he perfect? No.

Is he a hard match up? Yes.

Is he everyone's worst match up? No.

Is he a difficult opponent in tournaments? Yes.

Does he limit other characters from being viable? No.

Does he warrent banning? I don't think so.

this is GG. i agree with every point listed here

people are just too lazy to adapt to strong characters like MK... he is not the hardest matchup for almost anyone.... MK is in no way broken, he is just better then the rest of the cast at almost everything... and lets think about what MK has that other characters do: much heavier weight but still top tier, MK has no chaingrab, MK often has trouble KOing if he cant get a well placed shuttle loop

it seems like all competitive communities are getting this way and for what reason, i do not know.

Smash: people hate MK and think he should be banned but because he isn't they go play melee(some do because brawl has no combo's, which is not true, oh boo hoo)

Mario Kart: people think Funky Kong is broken and should be banned because he is a little bit faster then everyone else... but in truth Rosalina can catch him easily when played right... another sign of not wanting to adapt. in turn they go play Mario Kart DS(although this is very rare, most people that play MK:DS instead if Wii is because you cant snake....)

Pokemon: Now some pokemon were banned because they really were too powerful(like Garchomp and Manaphy) but others, like Shaymin sky form, are banned because people are whining about them being too broken and have ultimate hax but they really just dont want to find new ways to counter a new and powerful threat so they just say "ban it.". they dont go and play 3rd generation but just dont play all together or just play and keep complaining

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
In order to stop the potential flames in this topic, please use the aforementioned "Banning MK" thread.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom