• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU use Ganondorf?

Sodapop

Smash Apprentice
I like playing Ganondorf because hes got great Aerial game, and hes got an awsome fighting style. I also like that his Wizards foot has downward trajectory as apposed to Upward trajectory. (Captain Falcon, anyone?)

Daigotsu

Smash Cadet
I play ganondorf because of the sheer amount of damage you can do in such a little amount of time. Well, maybe not as much as peach's d-smash, but yeah. All your opponent has to do is make a little mistake, and all you have to do is exploit it.

nuc

Smash Cadet
i play ganon because he's a beast. what kind of beast u ask? sexy beast for one, a damage inflincting beast as #2. mostly #1.

right guys?

guys....?

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Well, I started out maining Ganon because when I started playing smash, I noticed that none of my friends were using Ganon, but were using Link/YLink/Shiek/Zelda/pretty much everybody else (they were Zelda fanatics...) . I asked why one day, and they all said that "he is the worst character in the game." They I was like, ha, well, I think I'll own you all with him. And I did. So now I feel it an obligation to destroy anybody who says that he sucks... not really, but hey, I might as well try :D

DRD

Smash Lord
for reasons im not allowed to say on this forum. (they involve the size of a body part as well as his skill in using it)
Post the pic, that was epic

srsly.

But anyways, He's not my main, but I love his Fair. It just looks so powerful, it IS so powerful, god it's nostalgic to hit with it.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I'm glad this topic is still active. Reminds of better times.

@_@

Luck - DGZ

Smash Rookie
lol i quit ganon cuz he gets ***** by anyone who isnt a hard character to use. meaning the top tiers make him look like a scrub is using him.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
That goes only so far. Say, if the Ganon and Fox are of equal skill, then tiers come into play. I haven't completely stopped using Ganon, but I'm slowly phasing him out.

I'm starting to use Sheik/Falcon. Sheik as she's always been a strong secondary, Falcon because he's fun as hell, and somewhat similar to Ganon.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
At first I started playing as Ganon because I saw one of my friends play really fast with him. I thought of him as slow and strong, but after seeing him play I quickly switched because I realized he can be fast too.

Plus he's from my favorite Nintendo gaming series.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to play Ganondorf because my two friends play Link and Zeldasheik. Hit 'em both with a Hemmorhoid Punch the other day and followed it up with the most badass taunt in the game. It was real satisfying, but then the ****-by-kick-and-boomerang began...

waldoahkmed

Smash Rookie
Waiting, following your every movement...
I play as Ganon because, to me, he's a good learning character. He helped me get used to combos and SHFFLing. Not to mention just L-cancelling in general. I'm starting to move onto Cpt. Falcon now, seeing as how he's similar to Ganon in many ways. It's a tricky transition, but a worthwhile one.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
Playing Ganon made me work hard for things, like uair regrabs and ledgehop wlands, and he gives me fast-paced action.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
He's one of my secondaries, and theres just something magical about landing that f-air on two-three people at the same time, and watching them fly all over the place. Plus, i'm a sucker for trying to land thewizard punch/utilt on recovering people.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
Well, truthfully, down to my core, i'm a writer. I create characters that represent a part of me in my life. I have a lot of characters from various mindsets. Characters like Ganondorf appeal to another side of me, especially wind-waker ganondorf, who is a dramatic villian. Not your average I want to blow **** up guy, but, a good-guy who's just been through too much hell to walk the path strait, like we would all like to walk.

I see a person who wanted prosperity for his people, just like Wind-waker Ganondorf said. When I play Ganon, I feel like everything is against me, and i've gotta stand up and show the power that I have.

It helps that he's a powerful character that can take on top tiers better than most other characters. But yea, I pick characters for their personality reference. One of the reasons i'm looking forward to metaknight, is because he also is a Dramatic Villian.

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
I use Ganondorf because if you use him decently good, he can be pretty hard to take down. And i love the fact that hes so strong and that he doesn't have hitboxs, he has hitauras.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I useGanon because he is a BEAST to have as a secondary. Also, he helped me with Wavelanding and Shffling.

The Battler

Smash Rookie
I used Ganondorf because he's my favorite video game villain and one of my favorite characters of all time.

Plus he's extremely powerful, but he's a helluva lot more graceful than Bowser, which. And his air attacks own.

Funny thing, I was at my friend's birthday party about 3-4 years back, and I instantly chose G-dorf simply because he was...G-dorf. I was actually pretty decent even though it was my first time, especially considering I played SSB like a maniac. I remember screwing around with my equally inexperienced friends when they double teamed me and almost beating the owner of the game and GCN. :-D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i use ganondorf sometimes in team or free-for-all matches because i find it extremely difficult(for me anywayz) to knock people out or stay alive as sheik. i love ganondorfs power and his aerial attacks are awesome.

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
his the BFG 9000 of melee, anything else? not that I can think off...

-warlock punch? ha! more so a BFG 9000 punch!

Jose Andres Herrera

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf is very strong, very heavy and has an excellent recovery.
He has one of the best aerial games, can moonwalk, best spike, excellent at homerun
contest, can chain grab, good edge guarder, and an excellent reverse kick.

In other words Ganon is a good character to use, probably not as your 'main' character but as someone that you can use with characters that are hard to knockout of the stage.

Top Bottom