• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play Sheik?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
When I was a n00b, I mained Ness. (As you can see in my avatar, I still have a great affinity for Ness.) I kept getting my *** kicked by my friends I played once a week or so, so one day I just picked Sheik because I heard she was first on the tier list. It takes like 10 minutes to become remotely respectable with Sheik, so it clicked. Since then, I use Sheik.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Sheik was the first person i played when i touched this game, and i'm not going to deny, probably because she was the easiest to be decent with. I could beat my friends who were better than me, just because I used Sheik. However, you have to realize at a high level, she can be rough sometimes when everyone else uses fox/falco.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i main sheik because i like the idea of being able to take a nap and play at the same time. :)

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Because the curves under that bodysuit are hot.

But mainly because I wanted to play Zelda, and it was the logical step to at least learn HOW to play Sheik, considering the vast gap in how difficult it is to win with the two characters.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
From day one that i bought the game, i thought shiek was gay, because its a girl that looks like a really ugly guy. And shiek's hair pisses me off and looks stupid. Also, i liked zelda, and i thought shiek players were sellouts.

I still think all of these things, but last saturday, i picked up shiek for the first time since buying the game, and found that despite the absolutely horrible skin of the character, the moveset was a lot of fun. Also, my friend and I have been playing constantly since september, and i generally played as Jiggs and Doc, and we have very close fights, first time i ever played as shiek, i 4 stocked him lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
People that choose sheik just because they **** their friends who aren't that good, you have to realize, probably won't become very good Sheik players. There are probably 4 million people out there who play Sheik the same exact way. Dash attack, grab dthrow fair, ftilt ftilt ftilt utilt dash attack far tilt ilt dash dash dash

thing is, this beats newbies but wont work at all at a high level

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
People that choose sheik just because they **** their friends who aren't that good, you have to realize, probably won't become very good Sheik players. There are probably 4 million people out there who play Sheik the same exact way. Dash attack, grab dthrow fair, ftilt ftilt ftilt utilt dash attack far tilt ilt dash dash dash

Agreed. (Which is not to say I'm any good at sheik myself).

TAK$

Smash Ace

you know why this is one of the most important things I've read? it's because i was told that exact same thing , so i made my style more pro and i'm ALOT better, if it wasnt for words like these i would be lost in the sheikness, lol. very nicely put.

TomH

Smash Journeyman

One of those shiek players that plays the same exact way...or a similar way... is me, and im ok with that for now. One of the first times ive EVER played shiek was Saturday, and i find enjoyment in her for now at least... 2 weeks ago i began maining marth, and for a month before that it was jiggz, and before that was Dr Mario. It doesnt really matter who i play as, because i'm just playing around while im working on my SHFFLing, and my WDing and such.

I could see myself getting very interested in shiek for a while if i at least KNEW the pro techniques so i could practice them. thats why i was asking for a guide to how to play shiek forreal instead of as a noob killer.

Another thing, if my shiek kills noobs, that will be ok with me, because all my friends are noobs like me, and i accept that. And the end result is hopefully that im better than my friends, not that i win MLG NY, and as of right now... i probably am at least mildly better than my friends.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Well, I used to Play SSB obsesivally when i was young, and I vowed to be a new character in the new one, Zelda was one of the starters so i tried her. I pressed Down-B......That was the best button combination i ever pressed

TRUE!

Smash Cadet
i dunno where else to ask this but....when you chose zelda how do you spawn as sheik at the map?(obviously i'm new to the game)

ohh and i chose sheik because of the speed.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
i dunno where else to ask this but....when you chose zelda how do you spawn as sheik at the map?(obviously i'm new to the game)

ohh and i chose sheik because of the speed.
Just hold A either when you select zelda or right after the stage is selected until the match begins.

90% of Sheik population "I play Sheik because I can fake l-canceling, dthrow, fair, needle, and tilt and beat players that try much more complicated things than I do, but Sheik combos are automated !"

Other 10% I like Sheik, I play with players my level that doesn't virtually gaurantee Sheik winning but I still find her fun.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
i play as sheik because he's so stinking fast. fox may be a bit faster, but he's hard to control for a noob like me, and his physical attack range isn't all that great. Sheik has just the right balance of speed and power for me. (1% power, 99% speed)

DethX

Smash Rookie
I like speed, with a fluency in attacks, in all my fighting game characters. In SCII (to hell with III, I'm sticking with the GCN II), I use Raphael, a speedy character. In KOF (EX2: Howling Blood, GBA), it's Iori. In Street Fighter...well, you get the point.

That, and I've always been a fan of the Zelda series.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Shes the only character cheaper than Peach. Therefore I play her against Peach to better the match up seeing I just can't make my ICs beat a good Peach.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
I play with her because I like her style. Sheik, in herself, is a brawler. It fits my style, and unlike everyone else, I'm just not getting bored of her anytime soon. I dunno what to tell anyone else who's bored with her. Sheik's the sh*t, and everyone else is broken. ;P

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Plank is right. At first I chose her because I kept losing like everyone else. Then got good with her in about 10 minutes (good as in can beat other noobs). Now, it's really hard to use Sheik against good people...especially since a lotta CT uses teh space animals. I've been working at it for a while though and I've been getting a lot better.

TAK$

Smash Ace
no l cancelling, thats the real reason why i chose sheik.
it still helps to l cancel, I do it out of pure habbit since I played marth before sheik. I actualy still think it's necessary, no matter who you play with. the more you l cancel the faster you can get back up and start smashing face, and yes I have tested many fights with l cancel, and without it, l cancel took alot of weight off my shoulder's and made it much more difficult for my opponent, versus not using l cancel and struggling in the match when i didn't need to.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well, I generally switch mains a lot, practicing with several different characters all the time.

I always try to stick to groups of 2-3 characters so that I can effectively counterpick.

I got tired of switching all my characters all the time, and decided I need someone who is easy, cheap, and can be played intelligently that won't suck against half the characters in the game.

Ta da! Sheik is now a permanent addition to the roster.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
well i mean, consider characters i'm relativly good with, doc, shiek, CF, falco, and fox, ganon dorf to i guess

as far as i can see, why would i bother maining a character i dont feel i can truely master? or that its just not worth it, for example i dont feel like mastering pillaring and waveshining... while i feel i can master most if not all of sheiks advanced techniques, ya dig?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Sheik is fun to play as, and intimidating to play against (for most ppl...who don't use spacies or ICs..)

I picked her when my 9 year younger sister beat me using sheik after only 2 matches, and gave me trouble for a while around the time I first got the game. So I decided to check her out. How very unfortunate for the many who have faced me since then. :D

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Because my other mains are Kirby and Mewtwo.

And I needed someone who can somewhat do better against the characters that truly counter them, not just so I have a higher tier.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
I looked at the character screen, and said to myself, "Why don't I play a girl for a change?"

Then I figured playing Zelda was a drag for me like 6 months after and just played Sheik.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Cause she is easy to use, and i own all my friends with her.
You don't need to know much about advanced stuff to play her.

Dayozee

Smash Rookie
I play sheik cause she is fun, ninjas are badass, easy to combo with, and she's from one of my favorite games of all time!

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
1. She owns in OoT
2. She owns period
3. Ninja please
4. Makes people feel bad to lose to a girl player.
5. It's Shiek man....
6. See #3

ACK1012

Smash Cadet
I just started playing sheik today. I'm pretty good at technical stuff, but my mind games suck, and I get pwned like a paraplegic playing smash when I used my old main. I played with marth, and I could wave dash, I could SHFFL, but I kept getting 3-stocked and stocked. I whiffed all the time, and it was just lame. So today, I wanted to actually try something new. So I picked Sheik, and I was preforming beatdowns left and right, it was awesome. My friends told me I was cheap, and anyone can be good with Sheik, so I let it open to try them 1v1, knowing that their technical game wasn't as good as mine, I preformed the beatdown, and they still called Sheik cheap.

Thats my story.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Marth...You should still be able to pwn with marth. If you really have shffls and wavedashes down, I can think of a dozen tricks you can use off the top of my head and I've been using marth as my secondary for only that past month or two. Just add some sh double fairs to your game and pwn.

As for Sheik..well she's a n00b's great brick wall. Pick Sheik and any n00b will unleash the lord of excuses on you..."You're Cheap!"

Well No Johns ppl ^_^

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
When I play shiek, there all like Zelda? Wth are you thinking? You gonna play as sheik? And I'm like mmhmm yeah dawg straight Up G. And I rip my sheik out and she's all like Imma rip my needle and bust a cap and I throw tons of them, and then i'm like you aint got nuttin on me dawg and I chaingrab like mad lots cause im a loose cannon and the most ramblin gamblin dude 'round. Then when they be like foo you aint got nuttin on me im fox and I can waveshine and wavedash, and den im like nah dawg eat **** and i beat them down and theyre all like oh snap i dont understand and im like cause im the GSF biatch you aint got style you aint got grace, you got a funny face. Then when i 4 stock that boie he gets all up in my grill and whines about it G and I'm like dont be frontin dawg dont be frontin. Every time I play foo. This always happens. (when I play a fox, that is. But I win!) Ten i'm like you cant beat me kid, Im the best. And they all like dude youtube Captain Jack dawg and im like dude he be a spicy hot stuntza and hed bust a cap in my *** but i aint bout to play him cause i live no where near the dawg so i just kick yo ***** instead.

Top Bottom