• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play Sheik?

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
When I play shiek, there all like Zelda? Wth are you thinking? You gonna play as sheik? And I'm like mmhmm yeah dawg straight Up G. And I rip my sheik out and she's all like Imma rip my needle and bust a cap and I throw tons of them, and then i'm like you aint got nuttin on me dawg and I chaingrab like mad lots cause im a loose cannon and the most ramblin gamblin dude 'round. Then when they be like foo you aint got nuttin on me im fox and I can waveshine and wavedash, and den im like nah dawg eat **** and i beat them down and theyre all like oh snap i dont understand and im like cause im the GSF biatch you aint got style you aint got grace, you got a funny face. Then when i 4 stock that boie he gets all up in my grill and whines about it G and I'm like dont be frontin dawg dont be frontin. Every time I play foo. This always happens. (when I play a fox, that is. But I win!) Ten i'm like you cant beat me kid, Im the best. And they all like dude youtube Captain Jack dawg and im like dude he be a spicy hot stuntza and hed bust a cap in my *** but i aint bout to play him cause i live no where near the dawg so i just kick yo ***** instead.

this post is awesome XD i cant believe someone actually talks like this ^^

well, i started out as Link, whom i used in SSB, because his smash A was good, and in SSB i was a Smash spammer :). Then, i dont remember really who i chose after, i think i played several chars for a while, until i switched to shiek, thanks to a friend who chose him (i didnt copy him, after a year or so i tried shiek, and stuck with it :) ) Then, i went to america for a year and didnt play at all, but when i came back, i started again, and came to love Shiek once again XD i know, propably because you dont need as many pro-techs and stuff, but i have a chance against my friends with fox or jigglypuff to, eventhough they´re definitely better then me in pro-techs. Well, recently i expierienced how devostating it is to play a pro (or almost, dunno^^) and now i´ll learn a few more things, and work on my mindgames....
shiek is just my charachter!

ACK1012

Smash Cadet
Back to the marth thing, yeah I can't figure out why I suck with him either, nor can my friends. I don't like know any tricks. The only tactic im not efficient with is the double fair. If you wanna help me with this problem, IM me at ACK1012.

FFIV

Smash Cadet
I needed a counter for Marth at the time I picked up Sheik seriously. I eventually got better with her/him, and it took over Ganon as my main. I recently used Sheik against a group of other friends who are about as good, (A Roy user, a 'various character' user, and a (Y.)Link/Mewtwo user) and was pretty much untouchable with them. The Roy user was most astonished about it, though.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Shiek is teh sexeh.
She's a ninja
My Fav OoT character.
I can play all of her Songs on the Guitar.
Her Theme from OoT owns.
She's from a Zelda game lol.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
All of my other characters would get mowed down by my friends who used Fox and Falco. , they were just way to fast, I felt helpless. The only one who I thought could keep up with them was Sheik. So I tried her out, and ran them over with her... She's still my main today.

ibeplu

Smash Rookie
i just feel really swift with her, she has a really easy wave dash... and yeah she is pretty cheap so... that means shes good

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I play shiek, there all like Zelda? Wth are you thinking? You gonna play as sheik? And I'm like mmhmm yeah dawg straight Up G. And I rip my sheik out and she's all like Imma rip my needle and bust a cap and I throw tons of them, and then i'm like you aint got nuttin on me dawg and I chaingrab like mad lots cause im a loose cannon and the most ramblin gamblin dude 'round. Then when they be like foo you aint got nuttin on me im fox and I can waveshine and wavedash, and den im like nah dawg eat **** and i beat them down and theyre all like oh snap i dont understand and im like cause im the GSF biatch you aint got style you aint got grace, you got a funny face. Then when i 4 stock that boie he gets all up in my grill and whines about it G and I'm like dont be frontin dawg dont be frontin. Every time I play foo. This always happens. (when I play a fox, that is. But I win!) Ten i'm like you cant beat me kid, Im the best. And they all like dude youtube Captain Jack dawg and im like dude he be a spicy hot stuntza and hed bust a cap in my *** but i aint bout to play him cause i live no where near the dawg so i just kick yo ***** instead.
This is my new sig.
Thanks you're the man.

I used to play a lot of Luigi and Marth, then January of last year I decided to switch to Sheik and I just stuck with her.

It's really easy to be 'gay' with sheik and she has a lot of silly tricks, and simple solutions to problems.

When in doubt tilt.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
She's a great character and fun to play. Her combos are amazing and thenn she has zelda on the other side. A good zelda player and a good sheik player. Rare but amazing. Sheik is great and I use her to whoop noobs all the time.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
When Smash first came out (and all the advanced techniques were hidden in mystery) I used to play with Roy and Marth. My SHFFL-less combos would decimate. Counter's galore. It was an innocent time.
After not playing Smash for about a year, I was reintroduced to it. My school has a lounge for seniors. There is a TV in the lounge and one day someone hooked up a Gamecube and popped in Smash. It was at that very moment that I realized I had no idea what I was doing. Where I was dash attacking to F-Smashing, my friends are pulling off wavedashes, SHFFLs, Dash dances and the like.
Around the same time I began to experiment with Sheik. It was love at first game. She played so smoothly, and her combo's were excellent. The needles were awesome. Plus, she's a freaking ninja. I went into school expecting to pwn some noobs with my newfound Sheik skillz. And I was promptly handed the biggest-*** kicking ever.
My Sheik has gotten far better since then. I know how to edgeguard efectively and I can reverse needle cancel and the like. Other people in the lounge will complain, saying "all you ever do is play a top-tier character" , "You're so cheap" and (after a win) "HA HA! I beat you with a low-tier!". But I don't play Sheik to wreck noobs. She is flat-out fun. There's something so satisfying in playing with her. Maybe it's a sense of being swift and stealthy or something, I honestly don't know. But even losing with Sheik is fun. That's probably why I play Sheik, 'cause there's really no other character for me that is this much fun to play.

...jeez that was a really long post just for me to say I play with Sheik 'cause she's fun. :laugh:

Banksya

Smash Ace
I used to play fox, but too many people in my area play fox. It is pointless to be another one in the sea of foxes. Also, in teams we never did as good as we did in singles for some reason, because fox and falco isn't the most balanced team. So I chose sheik for teams and it worked extremely well, and then I figured I would give her a go in singles and also got better results with her than fox. So idk, sheik ftw.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I use to main Link for about two years as I build up my melee skill but this last year or so after watch a buddy of mine play with sheik on countless occasions I decide that sheik was better if not the best character in the game also he FAILED using sheik. He played extremely cheaply was a compete coward and worst of all almost lose ever fight he played even if he clearly had played the game more then his opponent. I forget when but I soon start to practiced with sheik after I got fid up being second in my area....That was around the same time I started to watch Naruto so I based my first fighting style with sheik after Rock Lee. That's why I'm green when I use Sheik. ^_^

Scar

#HarveyDent
That was around the same time I started to watch Naruto so I based my first fighting style with sheik after Rock Lee. That's why I'm green when I use Sheik. ^_^
XD I remember for like... maybe 2 days last month my tag was LEE and I was green Falcon and would scream "URA RENGEEEEE" @ teh n00bz after knee KO's.

But yeah I use Sheik because it's cool to beat people who main her and think they're good when they aren't with their own character.

Which isn't to imply that anyone here is good with Sheik but not at Smash.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I dont know why I main shiek, but I find Im better with her than other characters. Dont give me any ''shiek is easy'' bull. She may be easy to pickup but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone can just play shiek and do well in a tournament.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^^^ I chose Falco vs a Marth player in a tourney player and lost, so I chose Sheik and I won the next two games. I went on to eventually win the tournament. I have minimal Sheik experience. :chuckle:

Skler

Smash Master
Because she does well against most of the characters Link is bad against and I'm bad at playing as Fox/Falco. Plus shiek in teams is a beast.

Manik

Smash Rookie
I am still a noob unfortunately, but when i was even worse, i played mario all the time because it felt natural. I have however been a fan of zelda for years, and its my favorite series of anything. I recently remembered how wonderful of a game SSBM is and decided i needed to start playing again. I also have a friend who is much better than me who is helping me along. I hope to become good. but back to topic. since i loved the zelda franchise so much i immediately latched to link. unfortunately i got owned easy, it felt unnatural, and i quickly stopped playing with him. I tried zelda too, but went back to mario because it didnt feel right. Then along came sheik. i had never even really thought of sheik as a individual character, but once i started playing her, as i do now, it began to feel so natural, and i love the look of sheik and she was one of my favorite zelda characters. I am now trying to advance to the next level of SSBM, and im going to do it with sheik.

Bloodrip

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, yea, i really just picked shiek cuz she was on top of the tier list(noobish, watever). I did it just cuz of how sick i was of losing for the past 3 years playing as bowser against my friends. I didn't no how the other characters played, so i just came to think that my friends played better than me. But then I found out he(bowser) sucked, so now i want to win(with sheik of course)...

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
Sheik isn't at the top last time I checked...

I use Sheik because her attacks are fast, and she is a counter to the usual top 2 characters, Fox and Falco.

I remember the era where I used to play Zelda and believed Sheik sucked. I look back on those days and laugh (I can also mindgame much easier with Sheik).

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I don't main Sheik, but I use her b/c her tilts/cg ability allow for sick combos. Also, she's destroys almost everyone in the game save Fox, Falco, and ICs.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord

I use Sheik because her attacks are fast, and she is a counter to the usual top 2 characters, Fox and Falco.

I remember the era where I used to play Zelda and believed Sheik sucked. I look back on those days and laugh (I can also mindgame much easier with Sheik).
Sheik used to be on top of the tier list and probably was when he picked her up.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
because i tried playin Marth, and sucked. than tried playing Fox and i sucked. so i picked up Sheik and found out that she is easy to use, and i had loads of fun the first game i ever played with her. but, even after learning all the tech stuff, winning with her in high level play is still hard. don't care what anyone says. but i'm still learning :D

mindgames are very important to Sheik, and i love switching things up and doing wierd stuff to trick people out. and i like the speed.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman

she isnt the top but then again the two chars above her take 100000x more work to be good with

goateeguy

Smash Ace
There are so many of these kinds of posts on smashboards, and since many of them were started by me, it's only fair (not forward air, fair, lol) to warn you that i will do what it takes to maintain my title as most redundant thread starter.

Anyway, i used to main Marth, cuz my friends and i had never heard of smashboards before we beat everything and one of my friends got all the trophies and we had just figured out how wicked awesome he is. I had heard that sheik was pretty good, and the last time i tried her i was a noob. So i played an experimental match. She blew me away. Her airs are awesome, she's fast, what more can u ask for in a char?

Anyway, does anyone know where i can get a copy of SSBM? I've been borrowing my friend's for years, and now that he finally took it back, im stuck till i get one and blockbuster doesnt have any. =(

Top Bottom