• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you attend tournaments? (please move to user blogs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'd like to know why you go to Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournaments. Do you go to get money or fame? Or is it something about improving at the game? Is this something you do with friends? Or could it be that you want to make friends?

Keep in mind that these questions are specifically about you (the reader) and not about why others do it. A short or detailed answer is fine. As of now this purely is for personal research but it may become more in the future.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Because it's fun...? I dunno what other reason would people have for playing this game. If it wasn't for fun, we wouldn't have as many people as we do now in tourneys. If it was for money, they'd be better off playing other, better sponsored games or sports with much better money payout.

In the end, it's because we enjoy playing Brawl (and winning). :|

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This probably would've been more appropriate in brawl general or user blogs.

also why does everyone have to use that annoying *** dark blue.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I know full well I'm probably not going to win any tournament money any time soon, but it's always worth the experience and excitement to just go.

The community in general is so awesome it outweighs the fact I'm probably going to get gimped at 20% by Metaknight

Ruuku

Smash Lord
This probably would've been more appropriate in brawl general or user blogs.

also why does everyone have to use that annoying *** dark blue.
I actually changed something else in my profile that includes the word "blue" I probably started typing in the wrong box or something.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I haven't yet, but the reason I hope to start doing so is:

Money
Playing other players
Having fun
Meeting new people
Winning (yes, the way Charlie Sheen says it)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I moved it for you to General Brawl Discussion.

In terms of the thread itself, I go to tournaments as both a host and a friend. A lot of my best friends I can thank for through smash.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well there are alot of reasons really.

-To have fun
-Make new friends
-be surrounded like the same people who enjoy what I do.
-WIN! WIN!! -WIN!!!

Aside from that I love to host them as well, it's exciting when you see crowds gather around a certain event and speculate about it whether it be at a vending location or online, it's exciting getting feedback about it.

Mostly though WIN!!! WIN!! WIN!!!!

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hi there :)

I know your title suggests moving this thread to User Blogs, but generally regular threads such as these aren't allowed in UB. Feel free to recreate a duplicate of this thread though, as long as you create it as a blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom