• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do we laser?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i just duck under them, if the falco comes close i use my six jumps to force an up air approach and then start comboing, thnx falcos

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
GeneralWoodman said:
i just duck under them, if the falco comes close i use my six jumps to force an up air approach and then start comboing, thnx falcos
So if a Jigglypuff player starts flying above me I don't chase, I wait for her to come down? Thanks.

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
Brawl Jigglypuff? Combos?

lol...
Wall of pain is basically a combo and it drops the bird out of the sky :(.

On another Jigglypuff note, I find the Falco Jigglypuff games extremely boring as its a game of camping and perfect spacing. I know this does mean that its skill on the players part to find an opening and exploit it, but its not fun that after 3 minutes of play you've both only lost one stock.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Yeah coming from an MK main. Not every character can play ledge games, i.e planking, as well as MK and as such they HAVE to approach.

Yes a smart player would expect a killing attempt. But if your opponent is not capitalising on your percents by just sitting there and camping, then your mind will relax as it doesn't look your opponent is going to kill you anytime soon. This is then when you slip up and get punished with a stock gone. It happens to the best of us and you just have to pick yourself up and make sure you win the next match and hopefully the set. Also the fact that some characters have to approach. If this character is also a slow character, i'e bowser, then they can't really bait attacks and punish, they'll just get their punish punished and so stock gone.
I can't believe you're thinking that I main Metaknight according to my avatar and such, I really main Falco lol, you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet. But why would someone relax when the match isn't even over yet? You have to be ready for whatever gets thrown in your direction(DI?). You don't always have to bait punishes, you expect things then punish, get into the mind of the player. Also Bowser has a grab release chain grab on Falco...so stock gone.

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
Haven't you ever heard of Kismet2, one of the best falco players in the world?

<3 Kismet.
I actually haven't, hopefully there's some videos up somewhere that I can go and watch.

@Kismet: I did realise that after a while, that you may not actually main MK, but my points are still valid. Also you can't plank agaisnt a Falco that has hit you already with a laser.

EDIT: well to be fair you can, but you're not gunna win

kismet2

Smash Ace
Haven't you ever heard of Kismet2, one of the best falco players in the world?

<3 Kismet.
I don't know about the world >_> they should hold a global tournament and then we'll see XD

I actually haven't, hopefully there's some videos up somewhere that I can go and watch.

@Kismet: I did realise that after a while, that you may not actually main MK, but my points are still valid. Also you can't plank agaisnt a Falco that has hit you already with a laser.

EDIT: well to be fair you can, but you're not gunna win
Watch sk92 vs. Plank =/

Don't you know how easily Falco's weaknesses can be taken advantage of(Against Metaknight)? You can't deny that. Falco's a good character but he doesn't have anything that's going to push him to the top. Play Mew2king or a smart Metaknight and maybe it'll change your opinion.

Binx

Smash Master
You laser to force your opponent to approach you while simultaneously choosing the directions they can do it from. In short by lasering properly and stopping at the times you should be, you give yourself huge positional advantages.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I hate when people say "wall" of lasers. LOL what wall? You have one grounded laser, which can be powershielded by anyone decent, then you've got SHDL and the higher laser goes over half of the cast. I think when people start playing patiently against Falco's he will become less of a threat, because the notion that Falco destroys aggressive players is definitely something I agree with.

Also note that I am not trying to diminish the laser game, it's very potent. When you force your opponent to approach you kill half of their options. I am however tired of people insinuating that it's an insurmountable tactic.

Top Bottom