• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people want to cut pokemon trainer and replace him with 3 separate pokemon

BigRedMonster07

Smash Cadet
Why? I honestly want to know.

Pokemon trainer represents the Pokemon series better than any other pokemon. His switch mechanic puts forward some awesome usage and he is very fun to play.

So why do people say "I want pokemon trainer to be 3 characters". It doesn't make much sense.

I get people want :4charizard: back and I understand that down specials would be cool but that's to many gen 1 reps.

Please tell me!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Technically, Pokemon Trainer is 3 characters in the form of Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. People want them separate like Zelda and Shiek so they can play those characters by themselves without having to switch them out for the other. But honestly like you said, I think the Trainer conspect is great representation for the Pokemon Trainers in the games into the roster.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Technically, Pokemon Trainer is 3 characters in the form of Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. People want them separate like Zelda and Shiek so they can play those characters by themselves without having to switch them out for the other. But honestly like you said, I think the Trainer conspect is great representation for the Pokemon Trainers in the games into the roster.
I think so too, i might even be inclined to say that out of all the smash characters, he's the one that represents his game of origin the best.

Thinking ahead and switching pokemon depending on the situation, the concept of evolution and types (In Brawl). A perfect representation of how the actual Pokemon games work.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think so too, i might even be inclined to say that out of all the smash characters, he's the one that represents his game of origin the best.

Thinking ahead and switching pokemon depending on the situation, the concept of evolution and types (In Brawl). A perfect representation of how the actual Pokemon games work.
Exactly! It's like having Ash and his Pokemon in the roster.

Cam_Batant

Smash Apprentice
Is a statment I couldnt have said better. As somone who now mains pokemon trainer the switch mechanic is why I like the character so much. It adds so much depth to the character and makes him viable in most matchups.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I loved how they were separate in Project M. It was fun seeing what the developers did with their movesets. But objectively speaking, I think it makes most sense to keep them together given how big the newer rosters for these Smash games are now.

Top Bottom