• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people like Jigglypuff so much?

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
Seriously, what is with the J-man's popularity, he's one of the lamest characters, but people cannot get enough of him! seriously though, im not sayin y'all are nuts for likin him, I just dont find him as an important character to the series. He coulda been replaced with like Sora, or Shadow or some amazing newcomer. Thats jus my thought.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Remember when Jigglypuff was a hit in Japan because of the anime? During SSB64?

He just survived the brutal roster-cut of two games.

How? You have no time to ponder such questions.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Jigglypuff that much, but some of her moves are pretty fun to use, like the Rollout and back aerial. I could agree a tiny bit with you until I reached the newcomer part. Sora? Shadow? How about BETTER characters? MUCH better characters?

B J

Smash Cadet
why do people dislike him? I really have no reason why people dislike characters

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
He/She/It actually got popular in Japan off the TV show I believe. Or at least that's the only real reason I could see for its popularity. I like Jigglypuff because of how it plays in the Smash Bros. Games as well as the fact it's cute while still finding a way to be or act strong.

Eaode

Smash Champion
LOL

because cutting a returning character who barely changed gives them enough time and resources to add a completely new character, and get the rights to that character.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
How? You have no time to ponder such questions.
As Jigglypuff has just grabbed a Smash Ball! (OH SNAP!)#

GIGA JIGGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Jiggs is cool because it's a WTF character, and adds to the nostalgia and will always be a tribute to Smash 64. :D

darkatma

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff was one of the most dangerous characters in melee and had the most unique moveset and playstyle in the game.

Then again you guys being march 2008 joiners wouldn't know ****. -_-

And rest is as vital to smash as mario is to the name Super Smash Bros.

trying to be as nice as possible... There's not much room though

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
whats wrong with sora and shadow? u got any better suggestions mr. wise guy?
Jigglypuff is a staple of the smash bros. series: since the first game she has been the first unlockable character. Not only is she fun to play, but she also adds a lot of humor, as she's pretty random to have in the game. Nothing is better than beating your opponent with a girly floating puff ball.

Shadow is a ****ty character that came along in the Sonic series long after it jumped the shark. I don't think anyone over the age of 15 thinks he's anything less than a complete joke. Maybe if every game he's been in wasn't objectively terrible (SA2 being the only possible exception, it was pretty decent, no thanks to his role.)

It's irrelevant though, because we already know the roster.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
There is no reason to dislike Jigglypuff. There is no reason to dislike anything for that matter.

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
She used to be very popular in Japan, like everyone else is saying.

But one reason people like her here is probably because how underrated she is; there's still people saying she's the "Worst character", though that's far from the truth.

When you beat someone like that with Jigglypuff, you get the added pleasure of rubbing it in their faces.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Jigglypuff that much, but some of her moves are pretty fun to use, like the Rollout and back aerial. I could agree a tiny bit with you until I reached the newcomer part. Sora? Shadow? How about BETTER characters? MUCH better characters?
This is my opinion as well.

Zevox

Smash Lord
whats wrong with sora and shadow?
Sora is a principally Sony character with only a single Nintendo game and too small of a fanbase among Nintendo fans to warrant inclusion in a game like SSB.

Shadow is a walking clichè - antagonistic version of series main character + emo - and is associated with the decline in Sonic's series among many of his fans. And in any event its pretty ridiculous to suggest anyone other than Sonic from his series could possibly have gotten into Brawl, or that if they could that anyone could out-prioritize Tails, Sonic's sidekick since his second game, for that spot.

Zevox

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Seriously, what is with the J-man's popularity, he's one of the lamest characters, but people cannot get enough of him! seriously though, im not sayin y'all are nuts for likin him, I just dont find him as an important character to the series. He coulda been replaced with MEWTWO. Thats jus my thought.
Fixed, with keywords in bold

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs is awesome, I don't know what you're going on about.
How long have you been playing smash for? Jigglypuff was VERY deserving of her place in SSBB.
Get over it, THOSE CHARACTERS ARE NOT IN BRAWL.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Jiggs is awesome, I don't know what you're going on about.
How long have you been playing smash for? Jigglypuff was VERY deserving of her place in SSBB.
Get over it, THOSE CHARACTERS ARE NOT IN BRAWL.
Those characters may not be in the game, but they deserve their places almost as much as Jiggs if not more. Jiggs to me is washed up and with the right adjustments Mewtwo would've been a great rival for Lucario.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
She used to be very popular in Japan, like everyone else is saying.

But one reason people like her here is probably because how underrated she is; there's still people saying she's the "Worst character", though that's far from the truth.

When you beat someone like that with Jigglypuff, you get the added pleasure of rubbing it in their faces.
Not only that, I believe she's at least higher tier, possibly top tier.

Like I said. Down B. Anyone not knowing the effects of Down B by now should be shot in the foot.
That demonstrates her Down B.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFarg-kMDb0

EDIT2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZWslSgLC0

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
This thread is proof that the Brawl section is all 12-14 year olds who's first console/Handheld was the Wii/DS.

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
wow people are rude here, it was jus a topic and my opinion, i dont need 3/4 of the people who posted slammin me about my interests. >:-0

Edit: Note: my first console was the SNES, so quit it.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
How could replace Jiggs? This is Smash Bros, not a showcase of undeserving Disney characters and re-coloured Sonics. :p

XD
Seriously, anyone who's been with the series since the beginning should realize that Jigglypuff is totally necessary for Smash Bros. Besides, she kinda pwns.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff is the kind of character you don't expect. She's a little ball, devoid of strength, and more cute than fierce.

But THAT is why I use her; because inexperienced players don't realize her full potential, it becomes so much more fun when you get good with her. Honestly, in my opinion she's one of the best characters in the game.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I never really liked Jigglypuff either. I don't have anything against her, but I never really cared anything about her. Never watched Pokemon, but it wasn't all that great in the games either... at least as far as I can remember.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
I thinks its because only the first gen. of pokemon were any good, and Sakuria knows it. The rest are boring and uncreative. God I wish I could replace Lucario with Mewtwo. Lucario looks like a blue bunny rabbit with its paws cut off... Too bad Jiggs wasn't even in SSE. :( I can picture her trying to sing in the background and everybody falling asleep. Then she gets mad and draws all over everybodys faces. X)

Top Bottom