• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people like Jigglypuff so much?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I would be glad if she isn't there in SSB4, to make room for better, newer, more currently popular characters.
I also hate when people would sleep KO me, I was so surprised the first time someone did this to me...

I would accept her though as DLC for SSB4 along with other cut characters and ones that should be cut *coughFalcocough*

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well, alongside jiggs being absolutly awesome.......

with every smash she gets into her chances of coming back each time will get larger and larger.

I think alot of people see her as a character smash needs (for whatever reason that may be). I honestly can't think of a smash without jiggs, I think Jiggs is just a character most people seem to accept.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Everyone is bragging about Jiggs, but she is only up in the tiers b/c of what? 1 B Move. Take it away and where is she? You still have yet to tell me what importance does Jiggs serve in Pokemon anymore. Jigglypuff is not seen as much as the First Generation.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I thought the Topic Creater close this topic from this post here:

ok im about done with this topic, like i stated b4, i do not hate jigglypuff, maybe i jus didnt give her enough play time when i had SSB64 or when i play melee. in 5 days ill give her a fighting chance (wow that was a bad pun) thanks for the response.
So there, end of thread.

shellblade

Smash Cadet
Well I could have respected your opinion,b but then you said sora and shadow should be in.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Jiggly is not like Pikachu, unlike Jiggs, Pikachu still shows up in the show and actually has importance to the series. Jiggs is just a washed up has been that hasn't really been seen since the First Generation. Mewtwo would've been a lot better and he was the only non-clone character they decided to cut.

posh

Smash Rookie
people liked her in SSBM coz she could be learned to use well pretty easily and rest is basically a instant kill if you can pull it off but it was nerfed in SSBB

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff was one of the most dangerous characters in melee and had the most unique moveset and playstyle in the game.

Then again you guys being march 2008 joiners wouldn't know ****. -_-

And rest is as vital to smash as mario is to the name Super Smash Bros.

trying to be as nice as possible... There's not much room though
shut up 2005

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Why is everyone calling jigglypuff a guy??? Jigglypuff is female!
Jigglypuff are a species of Pokémon and can be Male or Female. The chance of encountering a female is higher though.

Jigglypuff is a unique Character. I see no reason to hate her. This is a foolish thread and needs to be closed.

kutebabidear

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, fast internet. no items & s
characters like Jigglypuff stands for diversity ;)

You have to realise not everyone wants to play as the cliched sword fighter or some masculine furry animal with guns, but would rather prefer a cute little fluff ball.

It's matter of taste and choice, and in fact, I'm rather not happy with Brawl's additional characters as no alternative type characters were added.

We need more female characters!:bee:

infernovia

Smash Ace
but would rather prefer a cute little fluff ball.
The more accurate term would be balloon. You get to beat people with a balloon with arms and legs. How cool is that.

Besides, Jigglypuff already has a very set and well liked playstyle. If they took out jigglypuff, people would probably ask for a replacement (kinda like Mewtwo -> Lucario).

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff is a great fighter. Yes, she may be a lightweight, but she has much diversity and originality to keep her in the game. It's the same question with Game & Watch: Why would they cut a character with an original moveset? Yes, this applies to Mewtwo, but I guess Sakurai wanted to represent also the fourth generation of Pokémon.
Fact's that Jigglypuff deserves her place. Maybe not for popularity, but definetly for her fighting style ;)

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is a very popular pokemon, so of course she's a great addition. Plus, its fun to play as her in smash, her fighting style is great.

And doesnt this belong in the Jigglypuff discusion? >_>

Top Bottom