• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why didn't somebody tell me Luigi's jab cancel was so broken!

TheMann

Smash Ace
So yea I was messing around with my bro in practice mode when I should be sleeping lol. When I started jab canceling, and joking around saying its an infinite. Well its no infinite but if done right theres not much the opponent can do besides DI out of the jabs. My bro couldn't shield, roll, or do any attack (Minus Marths cheap dolphin slash and snakes nades) out of the jab canceled jabs. So this got me thinkin of soooo many set ups, mindgames or whatnot.

How can I explain this being as sleepy as I am?:confused: Umm well. Here's something I was doing. Yall know how after you jab and up+ b most characters can powershield it making you one sad luigi. Well I would jab my bro 3 times until he stopped holding shield and then up + b'd him. Mindgames yay! Even smashed after it a few times.

But yea if this is common knowledge or doesn't work..... sue me son!! Never see anybody doing this so I thought I'd share to help my peeps out.

Maybe one day I can make a vid of it or somethin But me so sleepy and falling asleep as I type.

So yea do the jab cancel real quick. Continue to break this already broken game :laugh::bee::embarrass:chuckle:

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
lol there are other threads like this that have actual frame data against specific characters

but yes, if you change the number of jabs before the attack you can occasionally pull off things you shouldn't.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm gonna SUE YOU SON BECAUSE THIS TOTALLY COMMON KNOWLEDGE.

Go look for Magus's thread in ToC. It's actually inescapeable on people like Olimar and such. And you could be playing with your opponent's mind basically since that's jab's main function >.>.

oh and the cool kids write up threads at like 5am ;)

TheMann

Smash Ace
Lol look at this thread. Too good, I kinda just woke up too. If its common knowledge. Use it people! I would have been using it if I wasn't too lazy to read ALL of magus' great thread. The jab 1 is so lighting fast that you can't block another jab canceled jab 1? Too ********. I was doing this on MK too is what made me happier. Well I'm gonna find ways to implement this into my game, since I'm so late and everybody else does already apparently. :(

Side note: I abuse smilies when I'm sleepy lololololol

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
why are midwest luigis so slow =[. i mean even chic didnt know he can jump with Y and hes been buffering with just control stick to SH lmao

i should make a sherigans jab thread. too fun to make mindgames

btw 12 hour sleep ftw

*lazy to post edit*: ily chic dont worry, once u catch on to things it makes your game 2x better then everyone else

i mean midwest is so badass srsly

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I wish I knew what I'm doing wrong but I really just cant seem to get the hang of jab canceling, espcially into up B, I always seem to be out of reach, and sliding jabs arnt really that easy to pull off.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah I'd really love to main luigi and second snake instead of the other way round but I really have no idea what I'm doing, I learn much better being shown in person rather then reading stuff (although it is all good stuff here you guys are great) and it doesn't help that I'm the only luigi player in Australia.

and people are like jab cancel to up B is pwn and I'm like **** WHY CANT I MAKE IT WORK.
so thats where I'm at, dont worry about me I'm just whinging, I wish I could have got to play you at genesis LK.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
don't jab cancel to like x300 lol, jab cancel WHEN YOUR BODY IS LIKE LITERALLY NEXT TO THEM, then jab cancel maybe like 3x times? then upb.

ill get a vid somehow though.

and =( @ secondary luigi, l have to make a thread on that but im lazy lol

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Lots of players don't main Luigi, they secondary him...hence his underuse.

chic

Smash Ace
jab up b works better against some characters like vs gw. but pretty much the best time to do it is if you notice your opponite is slow at shielding or if he tries to jump away and is alittle above the ground. he cant block it!

p.s im going to a medium sized tourny today wish me luck!

yoshq

Smash Master
Lol look at this thread. Too good, I kinda just woke up too. If its common knowledge. Use it people! I would have been using it if I wasn't too lazy to read ALL of magus' great thread. The jab 1 is so lighting fast that you can't block another jab canceled jab 1? Too ********. I was doing this on MK too is what made me happier. Well I'm gonna find ways to implement this into my game, since I'm so late and everybody else does already apparently. :(

Side note: I abuse smilies when I'm sleepy lololololol
come to this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241296

TheMann

Smash Ace
Looks fun, I play basically all those games too. Small chance I may be able to make it. I never noticed u lived in the midwest tho. You should go to the michigan is best tourney. Gonna be huge Ally, M2K, Anther, Lain all those good peoples gonna be there. Course I'm goin too lol.

yoshq

Smash Master
Looks fun, I play basically all those games too. Small chance I may be able to make it. I never noticed u lived in the midwest tho. You should go to the michigan is best tourney. Gonna be huge Ally, M2K, Anther, Lain all those good peoples gonna be there. Course I'm goin too lol.
is that the ann arbor one? mib? if so yea im goin.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Omg just for giving us false hope I think ur obligated to go now lol
I really would like to fly somewhere for a tournament sometime soon is the thing. I'm just a poor college kid so its sort of difficult. I have a very small chance of getting a whole bunch of scholarship money this year, and if I do, guess who might fly somewhere :O

Also, note its a VERY low chance. LOL.

Top Bottom