• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you start playing jigglypuff?

Zodiac

Smash Master
First of all, Just to clarify I dont jiggs and I never . I have dabbled with her and found it so very very easy to wreck anyone who didnt know the match up with bair/fair spam and rest combos. the question I ask here is...

Did you pick up jiggly puff because you liked the character/ different .

Or because you knew it would be easier to just gay people to death?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
little of 1, more of 2

i like glass cannon characters

and her fair is like docs bair, only with less knockback and more jumps

and rest combos are hawt

i dunno where to start, tho. everything i've been learning has been through the course of matches. I dunno what combos where for sure, or what to reference.

=(

rason110290

Smash Apprentice
I first started Puff as a Joke. Before i knew of the Melee Competitive scene, My group of friends and I assumed Jiggs was one of the weakest characters. So i played puff just to see if i could beat them with "the weakest character." Before i knew it, I was dominating my small group of friends. And i Guess thats how it started.

To your questions, I play puff because im too lazy to build the fast moving fingers for anything that requires technical aspects ie fox, faco. And i Like to gay people to death.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
^ This.

It's a change-up from how you play most characters, so it's kind of refreshing. Oh, and rests are just sexy.

j3ly

Smash Champion
with the exception of zelda, yoshi, YL, mewtwo and bowser i play all characters pretty well. This includes jiggz, but i find both her and doc to be by far the most boring characters with my playstyle. I may main mario, but doc is just so boring. No platform shiz (whereas that is a big strength of mario) for doc, and hardly and fun movement games with jiggz. I know nothing of jiggz playform game at this time, apart from missed tech rests and tech roll rests.

Jiggs is ghey,

j3ly 4 pres.

Veril

Frame Savant
Jiggs is an adorable killing machine. I play her in B+ mostly but I've been dabbling in melee to see if some of my rest tricks will work still (they do).

Mushinronsha

Smash Cadet
I picked Puff because I realized my Marth was total weaksauce. Then I realized I could win with Puff. That was a good moment. Controlling Puff feels more natural than any other character to me.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Puff felt natural. The air mobility was easy for me to control as I was learning to play this game on a higher level than just casual.

I guess she was the first character I chose apart from Sheik. Sheik got boring because I thought Ftilt -> Fair was too easy. I randomly played other characters, and I noticed that Puff doesn't die and picked her up. After a while, you get bored of Puff. So I watch The King's combo videos and then I go play Puff again.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Jigz felt right. Her aerial control, amazing recovery, and ability to be defensive AND pull wins from completely nowhere made her very attractive. People say the bair is ghey, but they really don't understand the amount of practice and mental notes jigz players have to make during the game just to make the strategy effective. Because she is the lightest character in the game, inaccurate spacing can easily lose you the game. Plus most rest don't exactly fall into your lap (unless you're playing against a falcon who doesn't know the MU and tries to knee you XD)

Turazrok

Smash Master
Jigz felt right. Her aerial control, amazing recovery, and ability to be defensive AND pull wins from completely nowhere made her very attractive. People say the bair is ghey, but they really don't understand the amount of practice and mental notes jigz players have to make during the game just to make the strategy effective. Because she is the lightest character in the game, inaccurate spacing can easily lose you the game. Plus most rest don't exactly fall into your lap (unless you're playing against a falcon who doesn't know the MU and tries to knee you XD)
Silly falcon virgin. All Falcon players know the MU. They also know the satisfying thud of a knee onto a broken puffball character. It's an obvious choice.

kit

Smash Apprentice
When I first started playing melee at the age of 12-13 I used to think it was funny that the whimpiest looking character had such a powerful move. So I used to beat my friends and brother with her thinking it was more funny that good. To this day I main jiggs (and samus) in melee. I used to defend her saying she was good but I never ever ever realized then, or even until just recently, what she was capable of.

also crying when she's hurt added to her case lol

Top Bottom