• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you main your main?

Zebadon

Smash Rookie
90% of the people who play brawl have mains. What I would like to know is, why did you main your main and how did you choose him/her? I mained Marth after learning some sweet DB combos and uber Nair.

Aceboyo

Smash Rookie
I mained lucario because of his speed and abilite to get around. and his moves.
I mained sonic because of his speed and up special ( spring ).
i mained toon link because he is cute and i like zelda games. if you ask why not Main Link i tell you because toon link has a higher jump and higher up special. Link is crap at jumping and up special too

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I mained Kirby because he's the first ever SSB character I got my hands on. I mained ZSS because when I got a taste of Brawl Samus (which is the other one I used in SSB and SSBM), she was so horrible... But ZSS was amazing so I mained her instead.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
most people pick their mains because they're good with them

and kirby was also the first character i played in smash

vVRenoVv

Smash Rookie
(first post in ages, woo! gonna try and actually be part of the community now...)

I chose all of my characters because they are so much fun to play as.

Bowser just... yeah, he is fun. Falcon, fun and fast and has awesome phrases. Toon Link is great, projectiles are fun and yeah.

Not to mention they are all great in the air which is right up my alley. I have been looking into Wario but I am finding him pretty hard at the moment. He is fun as well, and is just generally cool.

I picked Toon Link because I used to main Link when Brawl came out, and I liked everything about him except for his weight. Then I finally unlocked Toon Link and fell in love with his floatiness and his Dair. He's just my style, and a really fun character to use.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Cus Zelda is underused, has Lightning kicks, great smashes, I mained her in melee, lots of power, and cus she does all this in a dress. Nobody expects to get their *** wooped from a girl in a dress.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Ice Climbers are the shiz-
double trouble is lultastic...that and I like characters that stand out to me!

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
I decided to main Sonic simply because he ruled my childhood. Thus, I wanted above all else to be good with him. Quite fortunately, he fits my style of play.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I mained G&W because I like light characters that are good in the air, and no one else I knew personally played him (or ever will). He was pretty easy to pick up too.

And whenever I play against him, he just doesn't annoy me like Zeldas or Metaknights or ROBs or Warios.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I picked Fox because when I first played brawl I used to say "Fox is one of the only characters with a move that kills!". His play style is very fun and his aerials link so I stuck with him.

nux23

Smash Ace
I mained fox cuz I could kick ppl around til 90% and ko them almost inantly

Tacel

Smash Lord
I mained my main because I guessed that he'd be in Brawl before he was announced/leaked and because he'd awesome.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
(NOTE: this applies to Melee)

Mario because he is one of the characters I'm most adaptive with, and practice techniques with best.

Peach because of her ridiculous horizontal recovery and because of veggie combos

Jigglypuff because of it's godlike airgame

Ganondorf because of his Spikes, power, and horizontal quadruple jump

Ness because of his Bthrow and anti-air(PK Flash)

Nestec

Smash Ace
Lolwut, this is Brawl section, man.

I was VERY excited to try Ness out before the game's release. I almost exploded when I thought Lucas would be replacing him.

Ness is just a friggin awesome character. Sideways hat, backpack, baseball bat, yo-yos, and PSI abilities? C'mon, he's just pure badazz.

Back in my n00b days of Brawl, I was 100% sure Ness was High/Top tier material. I immediately fell in love with his entire moveset, mainly PKT2, Bair, and Bthrow.

(I could hardly use him at all in Melee though...)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas for his hair!

Actually I main Lucas for his magical abilities... (he only uses his body in Grab Pummel, d-tilt, jab and up-air)

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Diddy because his playstyle reminds me a little of Melee.
Ike because my friend mains him.
Ganon because that same friend mains him as well.
ROB because I need a spammer for emergencies. Juuuuuuust kidding. ROB because I rock with him in doubles.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
well to start.

SSB- i mained....uhhh i forgot.
SSBM- i mained dr mario-dr mario was the best(in my perspective)
SBBB- i main Zss- she's too good

2cool4u

Smash Rookie
I mained YL in melee, so I figured TL would be the same.
I was wrong. He is better.
And I tried out some of the new chars when I first got the game, but the heavy/slow ones messed up my style and fell a lot; and I just freaking hate Pit.
I mained MK before unlocking TL since his aerials are sweet.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Toon Link. Versatile character with his many projectiles and Zair, fast and disjointed hitbox, just fun to play.

star_animal

Smash Rookie
I main Wolf because I looked through the character roster and see which one I find the coolest. I picked Wolf and I'm always better at playing characters I like rather then comparing them to tier lists

TheD3POD6724

Smash Rookie
now i kno what ur thinking my main is r.o.b well its not but it'd make sense if it was r.o.b
mine used 2 b fox cus i luved his moves in melee &starfox series & i was good with him in melee but i meet snake&I liked his gernadez& missles&c-4s,mines &stuff so snake is my main.

Zebadon

Smash Rookie
Perhaps this should be stickied for people who are looking for a new/dif main and have no idea where to start...

spyrl-9

Smash Rookie
Samus, since the 64.
I've always liked her, and even though she may have been toned down a bit in Brawl, I'm determined to stay faithful -and I still feel the most confident using her. I like her particular combination of ranged and melee attacks. Kinda' sad about the changes to her down B in Brawl...
But fighting Ridley always makes me feel better.

At first, ZSS took a bit for me to be as comfortable with, but now I like, and use her just as much.
Being able to just drop Samus' armor when I need to be faster (or need weapons) is also a nice touch I really enjoy.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I mained Kirby because he's the first ever SSB character I got my hands on. I mained ZSS because when I got a taste of Brawl Samus (which is the other one I used in SSB and SSBM), she was so horrible... But ZSS was amazing so I mained her instead.
This is pretty much exactly what I went through. In the first two games I played (and still play) Samus and Kirby. When Brawl came out I thought I would be picking up Samus again, but everything that had been good about her in the first games (Screw Attack, bair, fsmash) had been super nerfed, and she played in a way I wasn't comfortable with. Not to mention she was horrible. So I ended up focusing on ZSS instead.

I also play a little bit of Kirby in Brawl, but not nearly as much as I do in 64, and I'm not as good with him as ZSS.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
G&W, mained him in Melee, partly because:
1. I like beating people with the underdog
2. His choppy animations and 2D body are too cool
Mostly 3. His general play-style.

In Brawl his major flaws were fixed (nonexistent shield, bad recovery, No L-canceling on most moves--everyone brought down to his lag level, poor Up-Air, poor back-air, being easily comboable, and a useless bucket). He was an obvious choice again.

coveredwitheyes

Smash Rookie
I mained captain falcon because hes my favorite character in 64. It was really hard to get good with him in brawl but im working on it : ).

BSP

Smash Legend
i would say luigi is my main, and i picked him cause i like his playstyle, and just him in general

UncleSam

Smash Master
TL cause I <3 wind waker, when he was announced on the Dojo, I just had to main/secondary him and after a while I just went along and mained him

NatP

Smash Ace
I main g&w in melee because he's my favourite VG character.

I main g&w in brawl because he's still my favourite VG character.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I main Wolf because he fits my style of play perfectly...I've mained him ever since Brawl came out. (Snake is creeping up to be my new best character though) And I guess you could say my personality is most like the "lone Wolf" :p

'V'

Smash Lord
I play with Zelda just because she's my favorite character. I main her in Melee also. In 64, I main Link just because she's not in that one.

<3 Zelda

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
I main PT because a real trainer loves his Pokémon so much that he uses them as slav-- I mean friends.

And because of Ivysaur. He's awsome.

Top Bottom