• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your profile pic that you have now?

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I'm a fan of Mangle (I love Springtrap as well). I also find weird calm when listening to this...

I used to sleep to static sounds

That would probably actually be kind of relaxing to me if it wasn't for some of the higher frequency sounds xD, not even 2 years of max volume deathcore and metalcore prepared me for an hour of this :p

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Even though, I hugely prefer classic armored Samus, sakurai made her slow as hell in the smash games :< (which is weird since she's incredibly quick in most of her 2D games)

I picked my profile because it has both classic Samus and my main... And also because I really love characters who have that tall-standing prideful look.

In fact I like that tall-standing prideful look so much that @ Teran Teran 's avatar pick makes me want to pick up Ace Attorney for that reason alone xD

Monk of MaZe

Smash Cadet
I picked mine because Hellsing is one of my favorite animes/manga and this is one of my favorite pictures of Alucard. It's also how I like to imagine I'd look when talking to someone.

PlasticSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
EyelessVagabond
3DS FC
3496-9511-1528
Because Garrus Vakarian is my favorite place on the Citadel.

PlasticSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
EyelessVagabond
3DS FC
3496-9511-1528
I picked mine because Hellsing is one of my favorite animes/manga and this is one of my favorite pictures of Alucard. It's also how I like to imagine I'd look when talking to someone.
I never had the pleasure of watching it. From everything I hear, it's really, really good.

JE-AT

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeatkid
3DS FC
2449-5643-6466
Switch FC
SW 3821-2527-4509
Because...
I'm slightly original. I loved the Yoshi kid in The Thousand-Year Door. Black and White Yoshis were special once upon a time.

Thumbtack28

Smash Rookie
Well this is a pic of me 15 ft up from parkour my hobbie, my hat of Fox in green my fav color... So yea

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Because Peridot is best Steven Universe character and you can't deny.
Also, the robonoid in her shoulder is adorable.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Some guy in the Marth discussion group is all about Mia (from Fire Emblem), and I really liked her design when I played Radiant Dawn so I thought to myself why not?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I was playing Crazy Orders on SSB4 when I got buried by one of Crazy hands attacks. Instead of the usual scared face, Wario just had a normal expression. I thought it was funny so I made it my icon (though looking at it now it's kind of dumb and I should probably change it).

CovetedTerminus

Smash Rookie
Mine is a drawing I did for this weekly drawing thing I was running for a bit. The prompt for that week was to pick a song and draw the way it makes you feel or just something related to the song. My drawing was for the song Innocent by Taylor Swift. I liked the loving and supporting feel of the song and wanted to draw something that represented that. If you can't read the text, it says: "Lost your balance on a tightrope... it's never too late to get it back."

As for why I decided to make it my profile pic, I'm not really sure. I kinda just wanted to show off one of my drawings even if they're not that good, because I like looking at them and I also really like the message of this one. This one was the one that looked best with the format. Plus, I also think the colors go really well with the Project M forum style, especially with the text color I picked to go with it. :p

Also, looking at it from the default forum style, it looks like she's pulling you from a world of grey into a world of color into my text colors. That's so cool. xD

Last edited:

EarthShaker

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3969-6503-4598
Funny story, this is actually a character that started from a joke when I was playing Naughty bear that eventually I essentially made my mascot.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Because I used to have a Love Live! School Idol app that I played with a lot, then it became too time consuming~ :o
^ I used to have that on my iPad so I know the feel, lol

My current one is Shulk because he was my most wanted character pre-release.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Because I like Dark Pit and I was wanting to use a picture of him since I don't feel like using another picture of Pit for once. Funny how I like him in Smash 4 despite having the same problems as the other clone characters.

Top Bottom