• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your name?

Red Granola

Smash Rookie
Well, after reading some of your screen names, I must ask: Why did you choose them...?

Some might make sense (Uncle Kenny, Zapdos, Matt, etc.), but others are seem random (commonyoshi, Zook, Heimie, etc.)...

Elaborate.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Well for the longest time I used the name Monk (Kind of a contridictory statement long hair and what not) Honkey simply cause I think it is the coolest racial slur for white person and Banana... because banana is just a cool word and I added the dividers cause Monkhonkeybanana looks like garbage compared to Monk/Honkey/Banana so yeah...
<----- has the most pointless name ever

Smash Master
I like numbers. When I was young I tried to memorize powers of two. I got up to 2^20: 1048576, and now it's my username for just about everything.

<- likes being a nerd.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Well, after reading some of your screen names, I must ask: Why did you choose them...?

Some might make sense (Uncle Kenny, Zapdos, Matt, etc.), but others are seem random (commonyoshi, Zook, Heimie, etc.)...

Elaborate.
Stop pretending that you know the deep complexity that is my username.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Unsung = Not recognized for efforts
Master = To achieve perfection at a task, style, etc.

I rock hard a SSBM, but I never have anyone to play with. Sooo... yeah, I got a brain fart...

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Whoa, I made it on a list that didn't mention me sucking.

Anyways, Zook comes from Dragon Warrior Monsters, the GBC game. The name is in refrence to my Rainhawk (Google it).

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I've just been owned on a personal level. You just had to bring the burger into it.

More on topic, I got my username because back in 9th grade, my friend randomly called me Uncle Kenny and it caught on so everyone in school started calling me that. So I made it my username for all sites I subscribe to.

Rubbish

Smash Journeyman
Rubbish was chosen as my username since my house has 10+ rubbish bins,its easy for people to reply to a off topic post of mine by making a pun on my name,there's the rubbish bin forum and Rubbish can be a user name for a spammer or a god.

I choose it over Marche because letting people know your last name is dangerous(irony) and it was likely to have been taken.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Rubbish was chosen as my username since my house has 10+ rubbish bins,its easy for people to reply to a off topic post of mine by making a pun on my name,there's the rubbish bin forum and Rubbish can be a user name for a spammer or a god.

I choose it over Marche because letting people know your last name is dangerous(irony) and it was likely to have been taken.
Your name sounds very Brittish.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I choose my name because I was a very good jigglypuff player in ssb64 and when I was making my username here, it was supposed to be jigglypuff8 but for some reason it was jigglyppuff8. Now I use that extra P against anyone who spells it wrong.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I have no clue... it was 3 years ago. XD

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The username 'F8AL' was taken so I put one x at the beginning and the end to make my username look more cool. Whoever has the username 'F8AL' i really want that username.
And 'F8AL' is my smash name anyways. I couldnt fit "Fatal" in due to the 4 character limit so i substituted it into 'F8AL'. The rest is history.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Well, in high school I threw the discus and became one of the top in the country before I snapped a ligament in my elbow throwing the javelin. But I still like the discus and coach and study it all the time. I say this because the greatest discus thrower now and possibly ever is a Lithuanian man named Virgilijus Alekna. Also, I am a big fan of Dante as well as the Aeneid and Virgilijus was Virgil's original name in latin.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well I was lookin for a cool name and I had no ideas, was gettin pissed of not finding a name so decided to play day o reckoning on the GC (WWE game), while I was modifiying my created superstar moves, I saw a simple move called "10 strikes"... so i was thinking... hmm Strikes... not bad, decided I wanted that name, but also wnated to be a little diferent, 1st it was Ztrikez, then i think ztrikes, but decided Stryks was ok, so ta-da... lol my friends think i just copied it from counter strike and just modified the strike, well thats practically what i did, but not from that game lol...

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
Prior to this username, I was using "FoxMcCloud112," the same as my email adress.

Well, back in 2004, I was crazy about two things - Zombies and StarFox. To express my interest in zombies, I put "zombie" and to express my interest in StarFox, I put "McCloud."

"ZombieMcCloud" (I was thinking about "ZombieFox," but I thought it was really overused)

I wanted a number in there, and the year was 2004...so...

"ZombieMcCloud2004"

Eventually, I came across some sites that wouldn't allow 17 character usernames. On those sites, I shorten it to "ZM2004." Eventually, I decided to drop the "McCloud" and use "Man instead.

"ZombieMan2004."

Then I decided to shorten it down to "ZM2004."

I was thinking about chaning it to something like "walkingcorpse" or "Corpsie" or "CorpseGroom" (as a reference to Corpse Bride).... Something with the word "corpse" in it.

saberhof

Smash Master
ok here it goes:

Back in my other school like 5 or 4 years ago, i used to make comics with stryks, but we couldnt put our names in the characters, the names being too long, so i came up with Saber, the first thing that came to my mind and stryks was a development he kept on changing his name. and hof is actually h.o.f. it represents my favorite band that really got me deep into music, "High on Fire". thats it i think.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Anyways, Zook comes from Dragon Warrior Monsters, the GBC game.
Really? I always thought you named yourself Zook after Bazooka Lucca's nickname. But I guess I was wrong. :ohwell:

My name? Well, back when I first joined it was the kirbmaster because I always played as Kirby in Super Smash Bros. But then Melee came out, and I hated playing as the new, watered down version of Kirby. So I decided it was time to switch usernames. I flipped the dictionary open to a random page, and found this word:

mug·wump /ˈmʌgˌwʌmp/ [Algonquian mugquomp, chief]
–noun
1. a Republican who refused to support the party ticket in 1884.
2. any independent, esp. in politics

I liked the second definition, because it seemed to describe me at the time (freshman year in highschool, I think?). And since some of my ancestors spoke an eastern Algonquian language (Mi'kmaq), I took the original word form, Mugquomp. And that's all she wrote.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
my name is....complicated....

first of all, i used to play Runescape. *gags*
my name was an_noying. duh......then i decided to use that as my photobucket name. after that, i wanted to leave my runescape-related past behind....

the 1359 part is a tribute to my friend who moved to boston. his RS account name was....well, it had 1359 in it.

marthsword

Smash Ace
I hate my name. My smash name is XTRM. I'm more interested in the proom and creative minds though.

I might also name myself...well, can't decide.

xTOXNx

Smash Apprentice
Well I used to play halo alot (my old name was IXI Bowser IXI) but then I decided to quit. Me going to mlg's website daily, and having a lack of creativity I looked at some halo pros names, and saw Toxin, and from then on I used toxn (4 letters) and added x's on forums in the rare case Toxn was taken.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
i didnt choose my name. it was given to me.
i saw some dude i haven't seen for a while and he calls me mcscruff because i had long hair back then(dont anymore)and because he thought that i looked like mcgruff the crime fighting dog. and that is the story of my name.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I wrote a long explanation but accidentally deleted it so here it is in brief:

A discus thrower, a poet, and a guide.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Flames...explosions...a fetish for both. Doesn't matter where or what game, if there's a bomb item, I'm it's master.

I also recently noticed that the "fire" and "bomb" power-ups were the most common in Bomberman games, whom I <3.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Xsyven - I made it up when I was like... twelve.

I hate screen names that are like: "rockerguy12"

And my real name, Heath, just isn't really... internet worthy.

So I made up Xsyven. It's internetish, unique, and sexy. If you see Xsyven anywhere, it's me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Because I use to be obsessed with Lord of the Rings. However, I don't really care for it anymore, and want my name to be changed to Spartacus.

Top Bottom