• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your name?

Kai_

Smash Journeyman
Because it's my middle name, and for some ******** reason I don't remember, I put an underscore at the end.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Because my last name happens to be "Jenkins", everyone in my grade in some way or another associates me with Leeroy Jenkins from WoW (even my teachers do it). "Golden" because I used to play as golden justice Roy, but switched to better characters.

Plus I think Leeroy is a cool name.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
^ Speaking in third person is so limited.
That is, when it's not omniscient!

*rimshot*

My name originates in a Japanese clothing store (called Uncle Meat, if you missed that) which I found pretty funny. It's also, coincidentally, a Frank Zappa album.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, in one Strong Bad email Coach Z tries to say Deleted..

But he says Delorted..

And I was young at a time and I thought sticky caps were cool, and I dunno, it stuck.

The 1 is supposed to look like an exclamation mark, because on Warcraft 3 you can't use !'s.

CHUK

Smash Ace
If u wanna know the truth i was.....happy...... and i made the name CHUK (short for Charlie) in NINJA(japanese) letters and I thought it was cool and kept it.

Specialized

Smash Rookie
The brand of my bike is "Specialized" I love it, it was a $770 road bike but well worth the money. :)

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
If u wanna know the truth i was.....****faced...... and i made the name CHUK (short for Charlie) in NINJA(japanese) letters and I thought it was cool and kept it.
fixed.

The story of my user name goes like this. When I was a lurker on this forum I was looking at a guide to fox. I saw the word "Vulpine" in the guide and found out it ment "fox like." As A fox user I thought it works for me. 51 was the number of my uncle's racecar. I use it whenever I can.

When I dont use Vulpine I usually use "Saint" which is what everyone calls me on the paintball field.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was originally Dracadragon, but no one realized I was Bahamut's other half. So I just added "ess" to the end of Bahamut, and BAM....Bahamutess was created.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It probably would've been better recognized on a Final Fantasy forum, heh.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
my name came from a long time ago; from when i played 'tales of phantasia', from SNES, and there was this mountain in the game where there were green stones that sylphs live in.

for those that dont know, slyphs are mythological air creatures.

from that i used Airock (Air in Rock) in my first MMORPG, 'helbreath.' then i decided to cut it short into 4 letters like my first name. because 4 is my favorite number

now its Airo.

and surprisingly, in most forums and mmorpgs, Airo is not already taken.. but when it IS, i use Airyo (homonyme), or AiroGlyph

Glyph is spelled like Sylph, so i like it, and it means 'symbol' or 'alphabet/character'
so AiroGlyph would mean something close to, airo rock symbol. or a rock with a symbol on it that represented air.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I don't really know exactly how I got my name, but I think I have a thoery. I liked the way the Metal chracters looked, and I liked the metal song on Battlefield, so I combined that with my main charcater, and my birthday. I decided MetalLuigi1209, since I thought it sounded better than MetalYoshi1209, since they are both my main characters.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Played Kirby games since i was in elementary school.

Used to use kirby654 for all games until when I was registering for a MMORPG, I decided to tack on a random adjective/modifier. And Hydro was what I came up with.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
i love peanut butter and chocolate as much as i love smash... and i really love peanut butter and chocolate :D

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
Played Star Craft many years ago, and of course Zealot was taken. So, being the child I was, instead of picking a new name, I added 2120. Now I hate numbers in names, but I don't feel like making a new account now.

M-Dawg

Smash Cadet
well cuz i banned from smashed boards alot (kinda weird) and i gotta continually make new creative names without numbers in them.

Vokuhila

Smash Cadet
Well, my nickname is Mullet, which has it's own story, that I'll enlighten you all with.
In like 7th grade I got a mullet haircut for laughs and then everyone just decided to call me that.
About 3 or 4 months ago I started playing a browser game called Cyber-wars. On there I met this German guy who told me that Vokuhila is what they called a mullet in Germany, when they were popular.
Vokuhila itself is really four words conjugated together: Vorne Kurz, Hinten Lang. Vo Ku Hi La. It means, Front Short, Back Long.
I liked the way Vokuhila sounded better than Mullet. That's how that happened.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Whatever I said before, I lied. I actually got it from the Hitler Rap.

H-I-T-L-E-R
Driving down the street in a fancy car
Say H-I-T-L-E-R
Never thought we'd make it but here we are...

Skywalker

Space Jump
Because I really am a Jedi, and I really am.... lone........
:)

Episode III got me hooked onto the Star Wars franchise and I became interested in the legacy of the Skywalkers: Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker,
Leia Skywalker Solo,
and more.

If Skywalker had been taken, I would have gone with Revan
, the main character of KOTOR
. KOTOR taught me the value of a Jedi Consular, and if I were a Jedi, I would be a Jedi Consular because of their deep connection with the Force.

Pardon me for my rambling.

YoshiExcel

Smash Rookie
Yoshi is short for Yoshimitsu in the Tekken games. I used to play Yoshimitsu in most of the Tekken games. Later i started using Yoshi as a name representing nintendo's own green dino. so i guess it works for both.

Excel started a bit weird, it used to be YoshiXL at most boards. THis was due to me being a HUGE Wipeout fan, and when WipeoutXL came out, it was my favourite game and i added the XL part to Yoshi. The problem with this was that people thought it meant "extra large" and thought maybe i was some fat guy or whatever so eventually i did away with the XL and turned it into Excel.......but now i get the "oh, like microsoft excel" .... .geez....

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
I had a dream where I had to read a book about a man named Tet, who did some rebellion in the future and was graphically dismembered. It was a nightmare, actually, because when I say graphic, I mean graphic. Intestines being impaled by hot pokers type of things. Anyways, I had the dream about this guy (who, it turns out, was leading a rebellion against a Theocracy) around three times, each one diffrent. I mean, they were all dreams and things, so it's not like I grabbed any deep meaning from it. But I like the name, and so kept it.

I added the Away because I though it sounded good, and because he went "away".

I think the origin of Tet was because I was watching something about the Tet Offensive, during Vietnam, a few days before the dream.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Well I like birds, especially falcons. And do you remember when you were little and used to fantasize being a super hero? Well my power was to turn into a falcon and to make myself even more powerful, made out of diamond. Of course if a real falcon were made out of diamond then it couldn't fly, and in fact diamond would probably shatter easily after a crashlanding or something, but nevertheless I still like the name and think of it as my cool unique name.
On some sites my other screenname is Erniewan, but that one is easy to figure out.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Diamond is the hardest natural substance on the planet, and is used in the two man-made substances that are harder.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I know that, but there is a difference between hardness and toughness (hardness: denting and scratches, toughness: shattering and breakage)... but nevertheless I shouldn't have said easily. Although diamond's toughness is good compared to other gems and ceramics, it is poor compared to most other materials.

Top Bottom