• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why can't roy or chrom join aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
There is a great deal of potential for a The Future Past sequel being made into its own complete game. I would literally throw my money at Nintendo if they went ahead and did that. :awesome:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
For people saying that Lucina will be better because Marth "requires" tippers, remember that anybody who's decent with Marth should be able to consistently get tippers. Also keep in mind that Marth is sure to have more hitboxes than Lucina because of the tipper, meaning he will probably have more potential. As for who is actually better, nobody knows.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
For people saying that Lucina will be better because Marth "requires" tippers, remember that anybody who's decent with Marth should be able to consistently get tippers. Also keep in mind that Marth is sure to have more hitboxes than Lucina because of the tipper, meaning he will probably have more potential. As for who is actually better, nobody knows.
The general consensus is that, assuming there are no other major differenes between them, Marth will have more potential, but that Lucina will be more reliable. :) Who is better will just come down to who the trade-off of risk for reward will favour, which can only be determined once we know the exact figures for their damage and knockback.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
There is a great deal of potential for a The Future Past sequel being made into its own complete game. I would literally throw my money at Nintendo if they went ahead and did that. :awesome:
Confession Time: I don't really like the Days of Future Past DLC. Too depressing. :c
Anyways, I rather have a direct sequel.

ecoh5

Smash Rookie
Confession Time: I don't really like the Days of Future Past DLC. Too depressing. :c
Anyways, I rather have a direct sequel.
I would literally throw my money at nintendo for a direct sequel but I see that the continuation of Future Past DLC would be much easier to make. While a direct sequel would have to account for all the player possible pairing and deaths which would be really difficult for Intelligent System to make a good story:ohwell: or they would have to make canon pairings which will upset people:crying:. Also they did not really left any loose ends in awakening and wrap it up very good, while the DLC kinda left a door open for a sequel(which is okay with me too). However if Intelligent Systems and Nintendo want to appease the fans and make a lot of money, they could go the Zelda route of making games and make two different sequels and release a direct sequel when they are able to make a good story.:awesome:
Edit: To keep focus with this thread topic, I think Lucina chances of staying in future smash is solid if she is well like by fans and they make a new game with her as a character(which means that they need to make some kind of sequel).

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I personally would've loved Ephraim to be in. A stylish spear user would feel like playing as Dante in mvc to me :D

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
I personally would've loved Ephraim to be in. A stylish spear user would feel like playing as Dante in mvc to me :D
Before Ike was revealed, I had this idea that Marth, Hector and Ephraim be in Smash 4. So there'd be 3 FE main characters, each representing a side of the weapon triangle...
Well, not like I actually had any hope that would happen. I just thought it'd be neat...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
For all the cool characters Fire Emblem has, I want a FE fighting game!

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Before Ike was revealed, I had this idea that Marth, Hector and Ephraim be in Smash 4. So there'd be 3 FE main characters, each representing a side of the weapon triangle...
Well, not like I actually had any hope that would happen. I just thought it'd be neat...
For an axe user, Ross. Just because of those Stats!

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I think Nintendo might be wary of another remake. 11 and 12 didn't do the best, and 12 wasn't even released in the west. One of the biggest let downs as a fan of the series for me, especially since everything else starting from 7 was released in the west. I would like to see Jugdral remakes, but I would rather see new continents, IS does excellent job of making me fall in love with new characters/lore/and settings.

(Honestly, a new Magvel saga would be ideal, as it is the only continent with only one game.)

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
As far as FE remakes go, Genealogy and Thracia are likely the next ones to come, considering that this particular part of the franchise is very popular in Japan. Sadly, however, I am not too hopeful of a localization for the Jugdral remakes, since the original versions of those games never made it overseas, nor was there any character representation from those games in the SMT X FE announcement; then again, the latter part might not even mean anything.

If content from FE4 and FE5 made it to DLC, surely it can be advertised further through a crossover game.

^-^

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm expecting we'll see at least one more FE rep in the Assist League. I'd say the Black Knight (and I'd hope for him) but sadly I feel like Zelgius will be overshadowed by someone else.

Hey, what about the original Jagen?

Rakath

Smash Ace
Lucina's chances are pretty much entirely based on where the Fire Emblem franchise goes next, and if there's a 'better option' in the next game.

If our next game has a female Sword Lord with some unique point to add some variance to Marth movepool (like Lyn or Erika), then Lucina will probably get dropped in favor of them. If our next Lord would be a better replacement for Robin (Leaf, Roy if he wasn't made a clone first time around, Micaiah) then Lucina's chances improve and her movepool will just vary more visibly from Marth.

Edit: Of course, if the next game is focused on her, naturally she automatically gets a pass in.

I don't think there's a popularity save like Ike has gotten for her, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom