• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why can't roy or chrom join aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I know that already.
Well... that's kind of your answer. If you know this information, I don't get this topic. Lucina was a better idea for a Marth clone this time instead of Roy. And Chrom was stated by Sakurai to have nothing that will make him stand out.

There. Robin and Lucina. Sakurai isn't going to have six Fire Emblem characters. These four represent it just fine.

Booster

Smash Lord
Yeah **** Lucina, Roy atleast has fire based moves and the middle blade mechanic, Lucina has nothing other then boobs

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Yeah **** Lucina, Roy atleast has fire based moves and the middle blade mechanic, Lucina has nothing other then boobs
Yeah and all lucina has that is different than marth is that here sword is balance through out the entire blade. While roy took DK's title of being strongest in melee and having a well amount speed too. Roy is more of a re-skin.

Hong

The Strongest
Little meaning is going to come from this. I would advise that you vie for Chrom in the Chrom thread, or Roy in the Roy thread. To post this here is only putting unnecessary blame on Lucina.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Trust me, I know she's lucky to be in,and I'm VERY thankful for it. FE just has a bit of a history of dualogies, as well as the proof we're getting her in FExSMT.

Not to mention she's SUPER popular in Japan, and this game is only going to raise her profile more, making her even more likely. I can't say anything for sure, but I do know that I have a lot of faith that she won't be Roy'd, especially with how much more popular she is than Roy, and her potential in Smash. I know some are against it, but I'd really like to see her be the 'better' Marth, although that's simply because I want to main her and not feel gimped compared to Marth.
I think it's Likely she'll remain. Lucina's too awesome to be dropped.

Plus if a new FE game comes out with the My Unit mechanic before the next Smash Bros, it'd be more likely that we'd see a new version of Robin instead, don't you think?

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman

Plus if a new FE game comes out with the My Unit mechanic before the next Smash Bros, it'd be more likely that we'd see a new version of Robin instead, don't you think?
Nah, her and ike are on the chopping block unless lucina gets lots more fame in game.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Nah, her and ike are on the chopping block unless lucina gets lots more fame in game.
NU, We Like Ike.

5 Fire Emblem Reps are possible indeed.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
NU, We Like Ike.

5 Fire Emblem Reps are possible indeed.
Yeah I suppose 5 reps are possible, but I doubt if there IS and Smash 5 there will be anywhere near the amount of newcomers we've seen from Brawl and 3DS/Wii U. I mean yanno, we may have close to 50 characters this time. Das a lot.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If Ike were going to be chopped, it would have happened in this game. Regardless of the relevance of his games, he has a unique play style, and survived the gap to Smash4.

Lucina doesn't need Smash Bros. to gain popularity, though. She's already incredibly popular, and even more so in Japan than over here. She's basically taken Marth's role as face of the series in Japan.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
If Ike were going to be chopped, it would have happened in this game. Regardless of the relevance of his games, he has a unique play style, and survived the gap to Smash4.

Lucina doesn't need Smash Bros. to gain popularity, though. She's already incredibly popular, and even more so in Japan than over here. She's basically taken Marth's role as face of the series in Japan.
Maybe she'll be , yah know, an Alternate Costume next game.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
If the next My Unit doesn't have the swords + tomes combo, no. There is a chance the next lord is completely original too.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If the next My Unit doesn't have the swords + tomes combo, no. There is a chance the next lord is completely original too.
Maybe this'll inspire IS to get a bit more creative with their lords, they were getting close with Roy and Ike but then chrom came along and yeah

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
At least Lucina and Robin made for his boringness.
Also, I know Robin isn't a Lord.
Well technically speaking...

Since his father becomes the 'ruler' of Plegia, and though we don't know how Plegia's political system works, you could argue he could easily be qualified to become a lord post game by becoming the true leader Plegia needs to stop getting themselves dominated by evil dudes.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I just realized that would make Lucina both the queen of Plegia and the Princess of Ylisse. Same with Morgan, except for the queen part.
AND WHY CAN'T MY MORGAN BECOME A LORD?! I MEAN COME ON!!!

Last edited:

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure she'll come back. Why? Because one of the reasons why Sakurai added Lucina was more girl characters since there were only 1-5 female characters in past smash games. It wouldn't be gentleman-like of Sakurai to cut one of the most popular girl characters (pretty sure she'll be popular) in the game.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Somehow I don't think so....due to the fact that Roy went through the same fate....
On the bright side, Robin is sure to stay! <3

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Somehow I don't think so....due to the fact that Roy went through the same fate....
On the bright side, Robin is sure to stay! <3
Part of me thinks that she's got a chance since she'll be a relatively easy addition (as she was in this one), but then again, Roy didn't get in. However, I'm sure that the technology used to make this Smash Bros (and the next one) is much better than the one used to make Brawl, which didn't have alternate outfits other than a few exceptions.

Yeah, I'm optimistic about Robin unless we have another FE game with a Tactician between now and then, but even that's a minor thing since his moveset could be carried over easily (I'm sure).

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
That's exactly what I mean, unfortunately. Her release will be the end of Marth. She's much more competitively viable as a character than Marth has ever been.
Don't be so hasty.

I'm hoping that Lucy is a high-tier character but the lack of tipper worries me. So she may lack the killing power of Marth's tippers (and the SPIKES!) but perhaps her aerial game will match that of Melee/Brawl Marth with all that speed.

But what WORRIES me the most is her range. If she's going to be a Marth clone, I hope they didn't give her Marth's shortened sword range.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Don't be so hasty.

I'm hoping that Lucy is a high-tier character but the lack of tipper worries me. So she may lack the killing power of Marth's tippers (and the SPIKES!) but perhaps her aerial game will match that of Melee/Brawl Marth with all that speed.

But what WORRIES me the most is her range. If she's going to be a Marth clone, I hope they didn't give her Marth's shortened sword range.
I'm not too sure... Lucina is shorter than Marth, so her range could naturally be a little shorter, but then again, her sword looks huge when she holds it in some poses.

And hopefully she'll meteor smash at all points of the sword, but just do it more weakly.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And hopefully she'll meteor smash at all points of the sword, but just do it more weakly.
Now I'm imagining every single move she does being a meteor smash. Ground moves, specials, everything. She counters you? You're going to get meteor smashed face first into the ground. Side-B? Half a dozen meteor smashes in a row.

Utterly hilarious.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Now I'm imagining every single move she does being a meteor smash. Ground moves, specials, everything. She counters you? You're going to get meteor smashed face first into the ground. Side-B? Half a dozen meteor smashes in a row.

Utterly hilarious.
And then when she throws her mask off her face, if you get hit by it as it floats away, you're meteor smashed.

Of course I meant during her Dair but I like your suggestion MUCH better.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Because marth can only potentially be better with each attack (nobody ever gets tippers more than 50% of their hits) while Lucina is constant with all her attacks, that makes her the better choice. For instance

Out of 3 hits (let's just say F-Smash):
Marth:
  1. Non-tipped 12%
  2. Tipped 20%
  3. Non-tipped 12%
That equals out to 44% considering he gets that tipper.
Lucina:
  1. Constant 16%
  2. Constant 16%
  3. Constant 16%
That equals to 48% slightly higher than Marth.

Now obviously, you also have to think of damage decrease and such. It's also good to note that Marth COULD get another tipper out of the 3 doing 52% - slightly more damage than Lucina (his potential). However, he could also get no tipper out of the 3 hits doing 36% which is significantly less damage than Lucina.

So because it's a sure thing that Lucina will ALWAYS do around 46-48% she's much more reliable and is the better choice.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I think it will come down to the specifics regarding her "balanced blade" and how this affects the knockback and damage on her abilities. It's fair to say that Lucina will be the more consistent pick and will likely be better than a Marth who can't frequently land tippers, but there are a lot of things that can tilt the comparison either way that we don't yet know - whether she can combo in the same way, whether or not her D-Air will have the same spike as Marth's, her kill percentages... I'm rather excited to see how they both play. :)

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I think it will come down to the specifics regarding her "balanced blade" and how this affects the knockback and damage on her abilities. It's fair to say that Lucina will be the more consistent pick and will likely be better than a Marth who can't frequently land tippers, but there are a lot of things that can tilt the comparison either way that we don't yet know - whether she can combo in the same way, whether or not her D-Air will have the same spike as Marth's, her kill percentages... I'm rather excited to see how they both play. :)
Agreed. It would seem to me that their edge-guarding abilities are identical. But I think it will fall back on their knock back abilities and D-Air spike. Lucina could be given Marth's knock back and lack of spike with non-tippers as a consequence to her more consistent damage-output, allowing Marth to have both potentially higher damage and knock back. I think that's the Lucina I'd prefer to see in Smash.

Or, she could have an "evened out" or higher knock back than Marth's non-tippers and overpower him.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't see how being more competitively viable in Smash is an indicator for surviving for the next Smash installment, especially since characters are designed primarily for FFA + items gameplay than they are for strictly 1v1 environments.

Marth stayed for Smash due to having a unique tipper mechanic that lent itself toward a fencing style of gameplay. Lucina's been constructed to take that style and turn it into a rush-down type of fighting style. That alone might be enough to see her pull through for Smash 5.

Robin is the more iffy one, honestly, but I can see him gaining Lucario-like status where he's no longer a face for the franchise, but is still popular enough to keep around as a Smash character rather than a FE character.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I don't see how being more competitively viable in Smash is an indicator for surviving for the next Smash installment, especially since characters are designed primarily for FFA + items gameplay than they are for strictly 1v1 environments.
You're right; it's not. :p I just saw an opportunity to provide my thoughts on a discussion. :)

She'll be brought back if she remains popular enough within future Fire Emblem games. I think that's a pretty safe assumption to make. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, if anything, she's going to reach Ike's level of popularity due to being in Smash.

Not sure about her staying power in Fire Emblem proper excepting DLC though. Awakening's story concluded with no loose end, and due to the nature of the pairing and support system, it would be difficult to make a sequel with all the children characters unless all the children have the same hair color as their mothers, and all the fathers mysteriously died between Awakening 1 and Awakening 2 to prevent any cross-canons.

An Awakening prequel is a possibility though. Take the Eliwood route. But with Gangrel. Instant seller.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, if anything, she's going to reach Ike's level of popularity due to being in Smash.

Not sure about her staying power in Fire Emblem proper excepting DLC though. Awakening's story concluded with no loose end, and due to the nature of the pairing and support system, it would be difficult to make a sequel with all the children characters unless all the children have the same hair color as their mothers, and all the fathers mysteriously died between Awakening 1 and Awakening 2 to prevent any cross-canons.

An Awakening prequel is a possibility though. Take the Eliwood route. But with Gangrel. Instant seller.
We could just have a Mass Effect style save transfer system.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Another possibility is that a sequel could have Lucina go back to her own time alone and have to save the world again with an entirely new cast. That'd avoid all the potential parent problems and we'd either assume that the canon Lucina pairing is someone from the new game and in FE:A she gets her unwed ending:

"Lucina disappeared after whispering these words to her infant self: "Yours will be a happy future." Did she journey to another land or back to her own time? ...No one knows for certain."

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Another possibility is that a sequel could have Lucina go back to her own time alone and have to save the world again with an entirely new cast. That'd avoid all the potential parent problems and we'd either assume that the canon Lucina pairing is someone from the new game and in FE:A she gets her unwed ending:

"Lucina disappeared after whispering these words to her infant self: "Yours will be a happy future." Did she journey to another land or back to her own time? ...No one knows for certain."
I'm pretty sure it implied that Lucina couldn't travel back to her time.

ecoh5

Smash Rookie

or they could make a new game that continue from the Future Past DLC

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
or they could make a new game that continue from the Future Past DLC
I never did get a chance to purchase that... I should really get around to doing so... Maybe I'll do it in celebration of beating my first Lunatic + run (when I do, I'm at Ch. 17).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom