• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why can't roy or chrom join aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Lucina as the main lord of FE14? Pretty unlikely.

Awakening were designed to be the last one and if you see the plot not-too-much close it doesn't have potential for a sequel. Other things were cover in the Future Past DLC. Unless they go for another alternate timeline (they are 3, 4 tecnically if you count Morgan's timeline) destroying all the canon of Awakening.

Heck, I don't see Robin returning too in FE14 (the character), the Tactician/My Unit in other part, yes.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Lucina as the main lord of FE14? Pretty unlikely.

Awakening were designed to be the last one and if you see the plot not-too-much close it doesn't have potential for a sequel. Other things were cover in the Future Past DLC. Unless they go for another alternate timeline (they are 3, 4 tecnically if you count Morgan's timeline) destroying all the canon of Awakening.

Heck, I don't see Robin returning too in FE14 (the character), the Tactician/My Unit in other part, yes.
This is a fair point, although we do have Morgan's timeline. Plus Lucina's popular enough to the point where FE's not going to want to drop her. Robin is questionable, but Robin is unique to the point where I can't see them dropping Robin.

I have faith in Lucina, especially if she's in the FE/SMT crossover, which as popular as she is, seems very likely.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I want an Mass Effect style save transfer system that let's me continue playing with the same Robin and Lucina

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I keep though thinking how FE13 basically saved the series - thus I might expect Lucy and Robin keep popping up (heck, Chrom even promoted if his future is bright) due how their game was so influential to the franchise's saving. Ya might say it's comparable to the ending in the actual game. (Or what became of Future Past DLC's ending)

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Well she was in the trailer with the other FE characters so I assume she'll be there
She's all but officially confirmed the FExSMT. I have no doubt she'll be in. :)

I feel that Robin and Lucina being in Smash will definitely raise the chances of them appearing in future games. Direct sequel to Awakening, anybody? :awesome:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman

I feel that Robin and Lucina being in Smash will definitely raise the chances of them appearing in future games. Direct sequel to Awakening, anybody? :awesome:
Something I was thinking about was a 'smaller scale' story for FE:A2. Personally, my favorite arc was Valm by far, and I'd love to have a post Grima world where war was a central theme, instead of some super demon. Just intense interpersonal drama along with everything else that makes the game great.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I have not seen this, I apologize for the confusion. Also thank you for showing me this.

Also hell yes, Demi Fiend and Chiaki, my two favorite characters from this game.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I have not seen this, I apologize for the confusion. Also thank you for showing me this.
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to sound harsh.

That is, as far as I can tell, the only direct information we've gotten on the game. It was the announcement trailer. I didn't think anyone knew of the game who hadn't seen it. :p

Good reason to get your Marth and Lucina amiibos all prepped from Smash Bros.

Also, Roy and Lilina are there. We at least got Marth and Caeda in Shadow Dragon (even if it was horrible) and Awakening through DLC. Are we looking at a translation maybe coming for Fuuin no Tsurugi? Maybe some tiny hope for Roy fans?

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
That is, as far as I can tell, the only direct information we've gotten on the game. It was the announcement trailer. I didn't think anyone knew of the game who hadn't seen it. :p
The only other information we've gotten is a statement that the game is still in progress and on schedule. I'm really keen to hear some more info - sooner rather than later if possible. :p The only SMT game I've played is Devil Survivor, which I thought was superb, so I'm eager to see how they plan on merging the two worlds and see what kind of game it turns out to be. :)

LegendaryFish

Smash Rookie
Well she does have similar specials to him... or at least her up special. We haven't seen the rest of her moves though so we have no clue how different they will function.

Keep in mind, we've ONLY SEEN her:
Basic combo OR Side B, Up air, N-air, and Up special... which is 4 moves.
She swings her sword very similar to him, but we have no idea of the knockback/qualities of them.
Her versions may do more dmg with less knockback, while Marth's does less damage with more knockback
or something similar.

Im not trying to smother the fact that she is a Marth clone, but we will see...
Plus, she has the chance to get her Bride Costume... Marth can't wear a dress :p

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Her versions may do more dmg with less knockback, while Marth's does less damage with more knockback or something similar.
I'm hoping for this. More for Marth than anything. If he continues to be forced to base his whole game off the tipper, then there's no reason for him to be a better choice over Lucina as he would be too unreliable. Marth having higher knockback would make him just as good as Lucina (in her current conditions). At least, this way, Sakurai can BALANCE the two, instead of making Lucina simply the better choice.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Plus, she has the chance to get her Bride Costume... Marth can't wear a dress :p

Hahaha, that aside...
I can see her in future Smash games, and hopefully if she does appear in the next, she'll go through Luigification. I don't mind that she's a clone (as far as special moves and idle animation goes), but I hope that she'll gain her own moveset identity as the series continue on.

(The picture is a reference to an Awakening DLC stage when you have Luci (classed as a Bride) fight against Prince Marth. He'll say ‘My lady, why are we dressed the same?’ )

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

How about Owain discovers he can wield Falchion, and goes mad with power, and tries to take over the world?

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin

Hahaha, that aside...
I can see her in future Smash games, and hopefully if she does appear in the next, she'll go through Luigification. I don't mind that she's a clone (as far as special moves and idle animation goes), but I hope that she'll gain her own moveset identity as the series continue on.

(The picture is a reference to an Awakening DLC stage when you have Luci (classed as a Bride) fight against Prince Marth. He'll say ‘My lady, why are we dressed the same?’ )
Off Topic:

Oh my, your signature is looking even better now.
That Persona Arena UI, gods... So good.

I wish to replicate...

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
How about Owain discovers he can wield Falchion, and goes mad with power, and tries to take over the world?
Well, many of the second generation characters have so much potential for evil... Like, a silent vendetta of Gerome, a tantrum of Severa... A darker and edgier Cynthia...

And of course... BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I feel that she's unlikely to return in future games in the series. However, we could end up being very surprised...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well, many of the second generation characters have so much potential for evil... Loike, a silent vendetta Gerome, a tantrum of Severa... A darker and edgier Cynthia...

And of course... BLOOD AND THUNDER!
Lets just have the Justice Cabal become the Injustice Cabal!
I feel that she's unlikely to return in future games in the series. However, we could end up being very surprised...
Just like what happened with :4myfriends:, :4lucario:, and :4tlink:.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
All of Lucina's potential siblings can "wield" Falchion, the last support convo between Lucina and "sibling" proves this... in a way.

Although it isn't like they'll actually let them use Falchion.
I think the only units that can use Falchion other than Chrom and Lucina are the Marth einherjar things

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
All of Lucina's potential siblings can "wield" Falchion, the last support convo between Lucina and "sibling" proves this... in a way.

Although it isn't like they'll actually let them use Falchion.
I think the only units that can use Falchion other than Chrom and Lucina are the Marth einherjar things
Owain is Lucina's cousin... Unless you somehow got Lissa and Chrom to S-support...

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
I know about the fact they're all able to wield it. Also, would Morgan be able to wield it if Lucina's her mother?
If the support conversations between Lucina and Morgan are the same as the rest of the kids (when they're siblings) than "yes".

Once again, they can't actually use it in game, but the "test" they do to see if the chosen candidate can wield Falchion comes out as a success... although they don't realize it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If the support conversations between Lucina and Morgan are the same as the rest of the kids (when they're siblings) than "yes".

Once again, they can't actually use it in game, but the "test" they do to see if the chosen candidate can wield Falchion comes out as a success... although they don't realize it.
When Lucina and Morgan are siblings, the conversation is the same with Lucina's other siblings. If they're mother and daughter, then they have the normal mother/Morgan support conversation.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
When Lucina and Morgan are siblings, the conversation is the same with Lucina's other siblings. If they're mother and daughter, then they have the normal mother/Morgan support conversation.
Than yeah, Morgan can "wield" Falchion.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
Personally I'm very happy we're getting Lucina as a character instead of a skin for quite a few reasons. The first of which being is that she's an amazing character, but I also feel like this means she's going to be a part of the smash family for quite a good amount of time.

And personally, I think she has a lot of potential to be "Luigified" in future games, since she's almost certainly going to have a second appearance in the next FE game (love of dualolgies), as well as her assumed inclusion in the FE/SMT crossover, giving her a great deal of relevance in future games.

Making her a separate character in these games is important to keep her open to grow and be decloned later, possibly picking up moves from these games or other sources.

I'm not in love with the fact that she's a clone now, but having her in the game is the important thing right now, and I'm glad she was included.
How do you know this? Lucina was VERY lucky to be in. The only reason she has her own slot was because Sakurai felt like tweaking a Marth alt.

Again, how do you know this? I'd also prefer a game that's not in Arcadia next.

Or maybe she'll get the Roy treatment.

I don't hate Lucina or anything like that, just so you know. I was actually ecstatic when she was announced.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
How do you know this? Lucina was VERY lucky to be in. The only reason she has her own slot was because Sakurai felt like tweaking a Marth alt.
I just don't want that tweak to be an upgrade... I just hope the two are completely balanced out. I don't want one to be better than the other.

Last edited:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman

Again, how do you know this? I'd also prefer a game that's not in Arcadia next.

Or maybe she'll get the Roy treatment.

I don't hate Lucina or anything like that, just so you know. I was actually ecstatic when she was announced.
Trust me, I know she's lucky to be in,and I'm VERY thankful for it. FE just has a bit of a history of dualogies, as well as the proof we're getting her in FExSMT.

Not to mention she's SUPER popular in Japan, and this game is only going to raise her profile more, making her even more likely. I can't say anything for sure, but I do know that I have a lot of faith that she won't be Roy'd, especially with how much more popular she is than Roy, and her potential in Smash. I know some are against it, but I'd really like to see her be the 'better' Marth, although that's simply because I want to main her and not feel gimped compared to Marth.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Not to hate on lucina but we already had a marth "clone" from melee which is roy who they could of brought back. And what about chrom? He would have his own original moveset. :(

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Maybe as alternates, if Lucina was going to be an alternate, they could definitely build costumes of that scale.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Because Lucina's better than those basic b*tches.
but seriously Lucina was simply upgraded from being Marths alt costume and she has both popularity and recency going for her. Roy's a has-been character who will never see the light of day again and Chrom's in Robins final smash. They made the right call with Lucina and Robin.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Because Lucina's better than those basic b*tches.
but seriously Lucina was simply upgraded from being Marths alt costume and she has both popularity and recency going for her. Roy's a has-been character who will never see the light of day again and Chrom's in Robins final smash. They made the right call with Lucina and Robin.
Maybe as alternates, if Lucina was going to be an alternate, they could definitely build costumes of that scale.
Lucina is confirmed as her own chracter. "We want roy becaused he's our boy" all the way.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Lucina is confirmed as her own chracter. "We want roy becaused he's our boy" all the way.
I know Lucina is confirmed, Roy may be your "boy", but nothing beats a waifu.

Now plz, just pick a god and pray that Sakurai adds Roy/Chrom costumes.

When Chrom is being used as a Lucina Alternate, Alfonzo steps in for Robin's final smash!

Alfonzo: "Leave it to..."
Robin: "ALFONZO!"
Alfonzo: "ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!"
Robin/Alfonzo: "HAAAAAAAAAA"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Robin was the FE rep. If anything, you should be posting it in the Robin thread. But Robin was chosen for his unique abilities with his Tomes.

Lucina was added because there was development time left over. He pretty much made her an easy clone due to the fact that she was originally an alt and making her a clone made sense since she has ancestral ties to Marth.

For all we know, Roy wasn't even considered to be in this game. And he was beat out by Robin and Lucina. As for Chrom, Sakurai said that he wouldn't stand out as the FE newcomer rep, so he chose Robin because he "wasn't no ordinary swordsman".

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Robin was the perfect choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer, because s/he actually brings something new to the roster with his/her playstyle.

Lucina's another great candidate. It's time we stopped making FE into a sausage fest.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Robin was the FE rep. If anything, you should be posting it in the Robin thread. But Robin was chosen for his unique abilities with his Tomes.

Lucina was added because there was development time left over. He pretty much made her an easy clone due to the fact that she was originally an alt and making her a clone made sense since she has ancestral ties to Marth.

For all we know, Roy wasn't even considered to be in this game. And he was beat out by Robin and Lucina. As for Chrom, Sakurai said that he wouldn't stand out as the FE newcomer rep, so he chose Robin because he "wasn't no ordinary swordsman".
I know that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom