• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why arent more characters considered echos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
Why are falco and wolf not labeld as echo fighters of fox and why isnt Lucas an echo of ness? They have the exact same moves.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because they don't have the exact same moves. Falco and Wolf are so far removed from Fox that they're barely comparable. Same with Ness and Lucas. They're semi-clones at worst.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wolf specifically isn't even a semi-clone, in my opinion.
Honestly I agree, especially after some of the changes made to him in Ultimate. I just put him as a semi "at worst" since some tend to disagree on where the line is drawn. :p

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Wolf and Falco don’t play anything like Fox really. They’re very different characters. Same with Ness and Lucas, they’re both very different characters with different play styles

I’m a Ness main and I wouldn’t be able to pick up Lucas and master him in a half hour. If I can’t do that he’s not a clone. Luca’s has all different smashes, a different special move, all different aerials, all different grabs, and all different tilts than Ness.

You’re doing Lucas, Wolf, and Falco a disservice and you need to play all of them more

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For one thing, Echoes have to have the exact same bodyshape. They also have the least amount of changes in general, but keep the same gameplay mechanic(as seen by Ken's unique input commands). They take less work than a regular clone, but that might just be guesswork at this point. But even then, Falco and Wolf were created before Echoes were a thing(they first existed in 4).

That said, Wolf and Falco were still derived from Fox heavily. Wolf pretty much is still a semi-clone by far, but he's significantly different from your general semi-clone too. Falco evolved to a semi-clone but started as a clone.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
C'mon man, what is a "semi-clone" ...either its a clone or its not.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
C'mon man, what is a "semi-clone" ...either its a clone or its not.
I'd like to point towards semi-circles. Semi-circles are, in fact, not a circle by any standard. But the word still works.

Semi-clone is just a way to refer to characters who have a similar base, but enough differences to require a different playstyle. It's a useful word and literally anyone knows what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
Fox and falco have the EXACT same moves. They both have a laser, speed move, fire move, and reflector. Same for lucas and ness. They both have magic, fire, thunder, and a forcefield thing. THESE ARE CLONES like lucina and dark samus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>another edition of "normal moves don't actually matter when talking about a moveset" :facepalm:

Anyway, I gotta say, I find it inherently funny how the main reason why Pichu can be labelled unique nowadays is because he hurts himself.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Fox and falco have the EXACT same moves. They both have a laser, speed move, fire move, and reflector. Same for lucas and ness. They both have magic, fire, thunder, and a forcefield thing. THESE ARE CLONES like lucina and dark samus.
Have you seen how different Lucas and Falco's A button moves are? That's what separate him from Ness and Fox.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Their moves are derived from each other, yes. But they have different properties, enough to make them different, and you're only looking at specials. Their normals are all completely different by far.

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
Their moves are derived from each other, yes. But they have different properties, enough to make them different, and you're only looking at specials. Their normals are all completely different by far.
Who cares about normal moves, they mean nothing. You use the b button to use your own moves and the a button to use/grab items

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who cares about normal moves, they mean nothing. You use the b button to use your own moves and the a button to use/grab items
Oh, so this is just a troll thread? Good to know.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
People seriously need to play the characters they call "clones" before saying stuff like this. As a matter of fact, I can't believe people still do this when they either own the game or have access to watch footage of said characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom