• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why are there no tournaments in tampa????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about making a thread like this as well, but this might be more suited to go in the FL thread. A more detailed answer would be nice too.

Matt Turner

Smash Rookie
PnT in Tampa had some last year, but they don't have any plans to do another one at the moment.

Otherwise, find a place and start your own.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
No solid venue. Erry lan center that has opened w/in 30 min of Tampa has closed down pretty fast. Smash fests are pretty tight in Tampa though.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Dannng I never saw that location before. Yeah Lamugi is good just practice with him a bunch and be humble you'll get better before you know it.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I'm a good teacher:chuckle:
well i knew techs and all and had a good understanding of tactics and people used to say i had a good link and young link before brawl came out i just blow hardd now because im used to brawls physics and auto l canceling brawl+ is more fun than melee imo because of pit and ness

i appreciate the offer though

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
ok heres the run down....i am not gettin the hotel..but i said fu ck it imma jus pay for a hotel...ill pay and ill charge a 5 dollar door fee..i might fell nice enuff and say 5 dollar covers drinks and food..fu ck it 5 dollar door fee..covers pizza and drinks..ill buy mad soda and when the time comes ill order pizza..so food is str8..now time, date and location..if you guys can give me leads ill be happy and look into it and get a room for the set date...

so far..

SYM promieses:
A weekend Torney some time this month.
$5 door fee covers pizza, soda, housein if needed and hotel..

what i need from yous:
SET UPS (cubes/wiis,tvs,recording stuff)

when i get more info i will make a new thread

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
ok heres the run down....i am not gettin the hotel..but i said fu ck it imma jus pay for a hotel...ill pay and ill charge a 5 dollar door fee..i might fell nice enuff and say 5 dollar covers drinks and food..fu ck it 5 dollar door fee..covers pizza and drinks..ill buy mad soda and when the time comes ill order pizza..so food is str8..now time, date and location..if you guys can give me leads ill be happy and look into it and get a room for the set date...

so far..

SYM promieses:
A weekend Torney some time this month.
$5 door fee covers pizza, soda, housein if needed and hotel..

what i need from yous:
SET UPS (cubes/wiis,tvs,recording stuff)

when i get more info i will make a new thread
I don't care what day, I'm always free.

How about spring hill?

I can bring two TV's, two set ups, and two power strips :)

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I'm learning brawl watch out for lamugi in the future!!!
Amazing DDD guide

DDD infinite spotdodge/powershield
Hold shield and alternate flicking down on the control stick and c-stick. Extremely technical and a true showmanship of skill. One time a lightning bolt was in the middle of my body mid-dodge and it auto-powershielded it for me after thde dodge animation ended. That's how skillful I am.

When you get in skillgrab range, keep your eye out for a roll behind you (since you can grab behind easy). DDD's size makes rolling behind him a bad idea.

If they attack or something, wait for the spot dodge afterwards before grabbing; Don't let the brawl scrub get the opportunity to punish the punisher bc they're afraid to get hit.

If they like to attack and roll away when you do ANYTHING, it's their loss since they're losing stage and going towards the edge.

After you f-tilt once, don't do it again. Just inch towards them slowly while they stay in their shield and they will do something to your advantage.

Stay grounded when they're in the air.

Be aware that you'll accidently pick up and throw your waddles even if you air dodge (terrible brawl mechanic).

Calculating the times to inhale when landing is something you'll develop on your own, but good players will charge a fsmash against it.

When you chai-...skill-grab, I believe its better to keep the fthrow fresh to get them far out enough for them to burn their double jump (in general). Otherwise just spam grab attack till they fall and see if you can grab their double jump.

and now you've become just like every other ddd. There are less good options/decisions in brawl to be creative. Don't waste your time, Noel.

Pablo51

Smash Rookie
I'm thirsty for more tourneys or smashfests ever since the last Play N Trade Brawl "League" in Tampa. I screwed that one up because I couldn't make to most of the Brawl dates.

If anyone is hosting Tourneys or, more favorably, smashfests,(stares at lamugi and Smash your MoM) then plz take the time to hit me up on my page. :)

Also, I've been hearing of a 2v2 Brawl tourney that Play 'n' Trade is hosting again. Although I can't find this **** ANYWHERE on the internet. Need confirmation.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
I'm thirsty for more tourneys or smashfests ever since the last Play N Trade Brawl "League" in Tampa. I screwed that one up because I couldn't make to most of the Brawl dates.

If anyone is hosting Tourneys or, more favorably, smashfests,(stares at lamugi and Smash your MoM) then plz take the time to hit me up on my page. :)

Also, I've been hearing of a 2v2 Brawl tourney that Play 'n' Trade is hosting again. Although I can't find this **** ANYWHERE on the internet. Need confirmation.
confirming that tourney, but its full and no more can sign up. i can host a house tourney (not in my tiny apt) as soon as there isnt another event taking up that weekend.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom