• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count Number 2:

FrozenFlame (1): Ryker
KevinM (1): Spak
Gorf (1): Lore
Spak (2): KevinM, Tom
Ryker (4): FrozenFlame, Pythag, Marshy, Gorf
Soup (1): Kary
Lore (1): Ranmaru

Not Voting(2): Fandangox, Soup

With 13 alive, it takes seven to lynch.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I know it sounds uncanny but I'm pretty sure you both had the same purpose in the way you were approaching each other, because you yourself also said your intent was to get out of RVS. I was hoping Spak would buckle but instead he sorta left a bit gracefully imo
Same purpose as in wanting to end RVS, then? Makes sense. I'm still iffy on Spak's slot since it was super reachy, but I will admit that he handled the pressure well. It sucks that he's sick though, that gave him an "easy" out early. I read his backing out, though, as legit and unforced tbh. My suspicions are lightening up.

Also the lack of real activity or discussion is killing me, hence the new hypothetical I posted. Feel free to answer it yourself if you'd like.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lore Lore

Lol, I don't know if you need to cook up the elaborate hypothetical situation, do you think it adds more? Or would it be better to just have
"who would you kill"
"who would you save"

Kill : Tom or Soup

(though I REALLY cracked up at the "I'm aligned with town" conclusion tom gave us)

Save : Marsh or Spak

Marry : Enlightened Gorf

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
what's your strategy for reading Lore?
do my best to point out when things are weird. poke him about it to get a better feel of whether he's being weird on purpose to sow discord or if he's just being himself.

Wouldn't all of that make it obvious it is a hypothetical though? Like the intent there seems pretty obvious to me, so why would these small contradictions (if one can call them that) seem weird to you?

So you saw these odd things, what do you make of that post exactly then? If that seems like usual Lore play as you imply in your #85 then why even point it out at all?
well, proposing a false dilemma even in a hypothetical situation is still leading. if he continues to do stuff like that, i'd lynch him - regardless of hypothetical context or not. the post itself is just a dot, but eventually enough dots make a line.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Anyone getting weird vibes about how Spak seems to process his dialogue in ways that makes sure nothing can stick to him? This is the same thing I was trying to allude to in my last post and it just seems to be getting worse. I understand if you're a player who feels the need to articulate but if Werekill is weird for sticking his neck out in the exchange of Pythag, Spak is even weirder. His discussion with Lore feels far more processed,, like he's going through a mental checklist of how a town would respond
nevermind bros, i see how this game is going and i can't pass up the opportunity to body ryker

vote: ryker

while i applaud the quality meme

feels weird to lay out some reasoning against spak just to pivot to a meme 6 minutes later

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore

Lol, I don't know if you need to cook up the elaborate hypothetical situation, do you think it adds more? Or would it be better to just have
"who would you kill"
"who would you save"

Kill : Tom or Soup

(though I REALLY cracked up at the "I'm aligned with town" conclusion tom gave us)

Save : Marsh or Spak

Marry : Enlightened Gorf
Lol, fair on the situation. It should have been simple kill/save.

Replacing my fridge that died, so I can't reply too in depth atm. But mind giving a bit of reasoning? Your choices are interesting.

Also why pick two per kill/save instead of the requested single pick? Unless I was unclear.

do my best to point out when things are weird. poke him about it to get a better feel of whether he's being weird on purpose to sow discord or if he's just being himself.

well, proposing a false dilemma even in a hypothetical situation is still leading. if he continues to do stuff like that, i'd lynch him - regardless of hypothetical context or not. the post itself is just a dot, but eventually enough dots make a line.
So hypotheticals in general just aren't good? They're a new thing I was trying, so I appreciate feedback.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lore Lore I have no wiggle room?

These questions are more or less "what are your scum reads, and what are you town reads" do you agree or disagree with that?

Tom - I think how he reacted to you was leading, more leading than the questions you asked me

Soup - The vote on Ryker and subsequent unvote made me uncomfortable. He's ok with an accidental hammer, but not setting up ryker to be hammer by someone else? seems like backpeddling.

Marsh asks good pointed questions, I would want to prevent him from dying.

Spak is active reading a lot. I disagree with his initial read on you, but it strikes me like town

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup - The vote on Ryker and subsequent unvote made me uncomfortable. He's ok with an accidental hammer, but not setting up ryker to be hammer by someone else? seems like backpeddling.
I just wanted to be apart of the cool Ryker wagon but I wasn't thinking about it like an incident, not sure why you and kary are taking it seriously when I didn't even look at the votecount when I made that post

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Tom Tom #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame tell me now before we get rolling very far, what should I be expecting from you two in terms of activity compared to last game? Obviously you won't be as active as me, but is it reasonable to be waiting on your input on things? Marshy's bingo board is pretty accurate. I have a history to defaulting to a scum read on you two and marshy and I want to address that. Kev is the only one of those I got over. Everyone else just stopped playing.

That aside, I want your take on Soup. His entrance into his vote setting the wagon to L-1 and then how he has approached the sideline of the Lore/Spak conversation. He's probably the meatiest slot in the game right now.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
think its scummy how lore is sticking to this hypothetical as a means to push discussion. gave im a pass for the first time but it feels contrived at this point

and why the continued engagement of pythag? i mean him no offense but if i was scum pythags a player i would press considering how ppl found him scummy last game. its convenient and just a weird direction to go as town rn

dont like how he opened the question up to the floor either. why not just let the game progress organically? thatll do much more for reads than the route hes taken

i feel like a lot of lores posts are for show. like trying to establish himself as a driver of discussion when a townie wouldnt feel that way considering where were at at this point in the game

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lore, you misread me. I probably would've prefaced my answer with "It's Day 1 and this means little," but point blank questions of who do you kill I'll normally answer. Who do you save, I will decline to answer more often, but I'm still pretty face up with my town reads.

Note: Who would you kill is a very different question from who do you think is scum, like last game where I said I'd shoot an inactive.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
think its scummy how lore is sticking to this hypothetical as a means to push discussion. gave im a pass for the first time but it feels contrived at this point

and why the continued engagement of pythag? i mean him no offense but if i was scum pythags a player i would press considering how ppl found him scummy last game. its convenient and just a weird direction to go as town rn

dont like how he opened the question up to the floor either. why not just let the game progress organically? thatll do much more for reads than the route hes taken

i feel like a lot of lores posts are for show. like trying to establish himself as a driver of discussion when a townie wouldnt feel that way considering where were at at this point in the game
I lack an early game from Lore to compare, but this seems like a stretch. Based on what I know of Lore, bumbling attempts to progress something seems like a good thing from the slot. I don't like the way he approached the situation, but that's because I think it was poorly done. And organically doesn't seem to be a word in his vocabulary.

What makes it seem like scum play instead of bad town play in your head?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, I still have to catch up on a ton after being gone for nearly a week. I'll be in and out of the thread all day, hopefully.

#HBC | ѕoup

ranmaru ranmaru

If you're liking posts I know you're here, and you know for a fact I'll entertain your thoughts regardless of how you're trying to change your style. I don't want to get to a point where you use that change as an excuse if you're scum

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My thoughts are Lore and Soup are scum. Soup, your #135 is not a good response to Marshy. Scum tell.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I lack an early game from Lore to compare, but this seems like a stretch. Based on what I know of Lore, bumbling attempts to progress something seems like a good thing from the slot. I don't like the way he approached the situation, but that's because I think it was poorly done. And organically doesn't seem to be a word in his vocabulary.

What makes it seem like scum play instead of bad town play in your head?
i only skimmed tomafia 4 but he seemed to do a similar thing as scum where he was more on the frontlines. i vaguely remember him complaining about ppls activity and questioning multiple players for example

seems like youre giving him the benefit of the doubt here. i think ill get more from poking. i take issue with it cuz theres more to gain as scum with his approach (establish yourself as a top poster, mold discussion in your favor, look like youre prodding and pushing) than as town (...get people talking i guess? but this always happens)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup and Fandango, why aren't you voting?

#HBC | ѕoup

Bonus points: don't reword what marshy said in #140 when you do so wrt Lore

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lore scum for moving his vote in RVS. I already explained my reasoning for you. That's it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy

Do you think soup's defense is legit? claims he Didn't vote count yet was ready with a hammer post?
looked it over. dont think that in itself is damning. ive seen too many townies do dumb **** at this point. the handful of like 4-5 players who dogpiled doop for a hammer last game plus jexs catching heat for her hammer that game has me largely ignoring hammer "tells"

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
cant tell if this avatar is a smh or an lol

gonna see how long i can go before i cringe myself into reverting

like this post if its a smh, quote for an lol

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
yo my boy marshy rocking the waifu yoko. get j in here with that leeron avy and thatll be the total package right there

#HBC | ѕoup

Lore scum for moving his vote in RVS. I already explained my reasoning for you. That's it.
That's...really shallow. Cmon man, when people criticized you at the end of the game it wasn't us telling you to completely change who you are. I don't want to try and read through this facade you're putting up

#HBC | ѕoup

cant tell if this avatar is a smh or an lol

gonna see how long i can go before i cringe myself into reverting

like this post if its a smh, quote for an lol
Damn when did marshy get hot? Be still my beating hot

Top Bottom