• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
role fishy how?

Fandangox Fandangox

if you had to guess 2 players who werent teamed based off the first pages who would they b and why?

swag af seein falcon in gfinals for both melee and ultimate btw
Honestly too early for me to answer this question in any way that isn't complete guesswork. But I do have a question for you.

Given your #62, why ask me this, what did you specifically hoped to get out of it so early in the game?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Aside from the hypothetical rolefishing, what else do you find weird in that post?
he called it an "actual question," but it was a hypothetical question

the "day vigilante" isn't a possible role in this setup

he provided pythag with a false choice - "do you claim vig, or do you shoot?"

he put "prove" in quotes as if shooting someone wouldn't prove you're a vig

etc.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Vote: Ryker

time to blatantly omgus and not get wagoned or even scumread from it

Im a quick learner guys watch out
youre not wrong, at least half of the steam behind any semblance of a jtb wagon literally came from both of his scummates last game lmfao

I'll catch up tomorrow at work, I just got home a couple of hours ago from Daytona
this dude really said hed catch up tomorrow at work with like one ****ing page of game lmao

fandangox my guy wassup! mind if i shamelessly townread you because of how much i wanna ride the game out witchu?
vote: ryker

just need 2 more votes on this waggon! let's do it! #HBC
your uncanny changing of avatar in combination with this what we in the business call cognitive dissonance. the simon i know would never turn on his bro like that

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Honestly too early for me to answer this question in any way that isn't complete guesswork. But I do have a question for you.

Given your #62, why ask me this, what did you specifically hoped to get out of it so early in the game?
you hadnt posted at the time so i wanted to throw something your way that could potentially tell me something

if youre town and give a thoughtful answer i might b inclined to think youre likelier innocent cuz i know youre thinking on a deep level quickly

if youre scum it gives me something interesting to look at should you ever flip

Fandangox

Smash Lord
he called it an "actual question," but it was a hypothetical question

the "day vigilante" isn't a possible role in this setup

he provided pythag with a false choice - "do you claim vig, or do you shoot?"

he put "prove" in quotes as if shooting someone wouldn't prove you're a vig

etc.
Wouldn't all of that make it obvious it is a hypothetical though? Like the intent there seems pretty obvious to me, so why would these small contradictions (if one can call them that) seem weird to you?

So you saw these odd things, what do you make of that post exactly then? If that seems like usual Lore play as you imply in your #85 then why even point it out at all?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
this game is way more ****posty than the last one

nice to know it doesnt take much to get the #hbc rollin again

Fandangox

Smash Lord
this dude really said hed catch up tomorrow at work with like one ****ing page of game lmao

fandangox my guy wassup! mind if i shamelessly townread you because of how much i wanna ride the game out witchu?
I hadn't even read my PM when I made that pots lol, I was under the impression the game was gonna start a bit later than that, so just left that in

and I dont mind at all!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
you hadnt posted at the time so i wanted to throw something your way that could potentially tell me something

if youre town and give a thoughtful answer i might b inclined to think youre likelier innocent cuz i know youre thinking on a deep level quickly

if youre scum it gives me something interesting to look at should you ever flip
Gonna give a raincheck on that one, ask me again closer to end of D1, or when you think there will be more posts to actually get a solid answer on that, cause like I said, even still it fills to early for me for my answer to not be aimless guesswork

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
role fishy how?
I dunno, it just seemed to be calling out one specific person/role pairing and asking if they'd shoot to prove they're a vig. I guess it's not fishing after re-reading it (since it's all a hypothetical), but it's building a line of questioning on the assumption that Pythag is vig and I don't really see how that'd be useful information. I think Lore was trying to pressure Pythag, but two votes and saying that it's "not an RVS vote" despite having no content on Pythag at all is a little odd. And furthermore, why would Lore go for Pythag in order to pressure him rather than voting a slot that already had votes, like Ryker? And why specifically a Vig? The only thing that pops to mind would be if he's breadcrumbing as a N0 cop, but we don't have any possible N0 roles in the game. It just seemed oddly specific and strangely targeted lol.

After thinking on it some more, though, it seems like it could be a town!Lore-ish thing to do based off of last game's observations (and pretty much anything goes in RVS, so I'll read it as null), but it just seems a little weird lol. Anyways, I'm sick with a sore stomach today, but hopefully I'll still be around.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I dunno, it just seemed to be calling out one specific person/role pairing and asking if they'd shoot to prove they're a vig. I guess it's not fishing after re-reading it (since it's all a hypothetical), but it's building a line of questioning on the assumption that Pythag is vig and I don't really see how that'd be useful information. I think Lore was trying to pressure Pythag, but two votes and saying that it's "not an RVS vote" despite having no content on Pythag at all is a little odd. And furthermore, why would Lore go for Pythag in order to pressure him rather than voting a slot that already had votes, like Ryker? And why specifically a Vig? The only thing that pops to mind would be if he's breadcrumbing as a N0 cop, but we don't have any possible N0 roles in the game. It just seemed oddly specific and strangely targeted lol.

After thinking on it some more, though, it seems like it could be a town!Lore-ish thing to do based off of last game's observations (and pretty much anything goes in RVS, so I'll read it as null), but it just seems a little weird lol. Anyways, I'm sick with a sore stomach today, but hopefully I'll still be around.

Yeah it was all a hypothetical that I figured would spur some discussion, along with the "not an RVS vote" to try to end RVS early. Pythag was picked because he posted right before I did. Ryker wasn't picked because Ryker would likely immediately shoot it down and ignore it.

I'm confused why you thought I was role fishing for a vig somehow, even on a first read. It was building a line of questioning on a hypothetical situation to gain insights on Pythag's mindset and spur discussion. There's no chance that we have a day vig, not to mention literally zero evidence towards a Vig's identity that could be gleaned from Pythag's reaction.

I dislike how you think me not going for Ryker is weird, when Ryker's wagon the literal definition of fluff. Why did you bring this up?

Wouldn't all of that make it obvious it is a hypothetical though? Like the intent there seems pretty obvious to me, so why would these small contradictions (if one can call them that) seem weird to you?
^This is my thought on Tom re: the hypothetical as well, and I don't really understand how he didn't take it as a hypothetical, along with the "contradictions" being kinda reachy.

I'd take it as weird behavior if he didn't immediately say that it's more or less null (agreeing that I'm a "weird player" [no offense taken]), but it's something I'll note for later to inform future reads. It's null as is. Same with Spak going hard on the explanation and analysis of the question, but I'd like to hear some responses from Spak.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
EBWOP: When Ryker's wagon IS the literal definition of fluff.

Gotta love typos. But yeah between Ryker likely ignoring the question and the fact that his wagon was pure fluff, I had no reason to direct it toward him.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Ryker wasn't picked because Ryker would likely immediately shoot it down and ignore it.
That makes sense if you thought Ryker would shoot it down, but why would he shoot it down more than Pythag? I agree he'd be more likely to, but I think Ryker's presumed response of "what kind of question was that" should've sent up some red flags. I re-iterate that I find this whole thing null, mainly because it's in RVS and people expected to be clawing for any lead they can get.
There's no chance that we have a day vig, not to mention literally zero evidence towards a Vig's identity that could be gleaned from Pythag's reaction.
That's because I thought the vig was a dayvig rather than just a normal vig. That was my bad. And if it pressured Pythag as much as you intended, depending upon how rusty Pythag's Mafia game is, he could've panicked and that would've given vig!Pythag away to the scumteam. Although I can't really imagine a scenario in which Pythag would've been pressured by that post, that did seem to be the post's intent upon a first read.
I dislike how you think me not going for Ryker is weird, when Ryker's wagon the literal definition of fluff. Why did you bring this up?
Because votes are the primary way to add pressure. Regardless of intent, 5 votes looks a lot nastier than 2. Plus, Pythag didn't have any legitimate pressure at that time either, so I'd think that it would make sense to put the vote on the wagon that already had the most votes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
In a drive thru atm so can't reply too in depth (will do so when I'm back) but didn't Ryker only have like 3 votes at the time of my post? And the build to 5 came after that?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
In a drive thru atm so can't reply too in depth (will do so when I'm back) but didn't Ryker only have like 3 votes at the time of my post? And the build to 5 came after that?
Yup, you're right; I just went back and checked. Still, putting someone at L-3 is more pressure than putting someone at L-5.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Anyone getting weird vibes about how Spak seems to process his dialogue in ways that makes sure nothing can stick to him? This is the same thing I was trying to allude to in my last post and it just seems to be getting worse. I understand if you're a player who feels the need to articulate but if Werekill is weird for sticking his neck out in the exchange of Pythag, Spak is even weirder. His discussion with Lore feels far more processed,, like he's going through a mental checklist of how a town would respond

#HBC | ѕoup

nevermind bros, i see how this game is going and i can't pass up the opportunity to body ryker

vote: ryker

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
His discussion with Lore feels far more processed,, like he's going through a mental checklist of how a town would respond
That's because I'm trying to go through and see what motivations town!Lore vs. scum!Lore would have. It's my way of trying to understand their PoV and see if it makes sense.

#HBC | ѕoup

lmao if i accidently hammered ryker was NOT checking the votecount

#HBC | ѕoup

That's because I'm trying to go through and see what motivations town!Lore vs. scum!Lore would have. It's my way of trying to understand their PoV and see if it makes sense.
What'd you get out of the exchange then? It seemed like you came to the conclusion he was null all by yourself, so I dunno what's prompting further discussion

#HBC | ѕoup

unvote

A mishammer would be funny but if it's gonna happen I wanna be the one to slam dunk

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What'd you get out of the exchange then? It seemed like you came to the conclusion he was null all by yourself, so I dunno what's prompting further discussion
You're right that I've come to the conclusion that it's null, but Lore seems to want to talk more, so I'm just answering their questions at this point.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That makes sense if you thought Ryker would shoot it down, but why would he shoot it down more than Pythag? I agree he'd be more likely to, but I think Ryker's presumed response of "what kind of question was that" should've sent up some red flags. I re-iterate that I find this whole thing null, mainly because it's in RVS and people expected to be clawing for any lead they can get.

That's because I thought the vig was a dayvig rather than just a normal vig. That was my bad. And if it pressured Pythag as much as you intended, depending upon how rusty Pythag's Mafia game is, he could've panicked and that would've given vig!Pythag away to the scumteam. Although I can't really imagine a scenario in which Pythag would've been pressured by that post, that did seem to be the post's intent upon a first read.

Because votes are the primary way to add pressure. Regardless of intent, 5 votes looks a lot nastier than 2. Plus, Pythag didn't have any legitimate pressure at that time either, so I'd think that it would make sense to put the vote on the wagon that already had the most votes.
If you played a game with Ryker already (or at least part of one) and think he'd have patience for that question, then I'm shocked. Fortunately it seems that you agree, so I don't understand why you're pushing this point.

Your sentence here, "people expected to be clawing for any lead they can get," feels immensely like projection. You're trying way too hard here.

Like the Pythag bit. In what world would ANY Vig panic on someone asking them that D1 with no N0? They'd literally be the worst player to have ever graced this site. I don't understand why you're even slightly entertaining the possibility or even bringing it up.

Lastly, the Ryker bit. You're reaching hard on that point. As we've established, he was at 3 votes in RVS. There's no way an RVS wagon would be actual pressure, especially if I pushed to end RVS with his wagon. People would just immediately unvote. Not to mention how he'd completely ignore it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Anyone getting weird vibes about how Spak seems to process his dialogue in ways that makes sure nothing can stick to him? This is the same thing I was trying to allude to in my last post and it just seems to be getting worse. I understand if you're a player who feels the need to articulate but if Werekill is weird for sticking his neck out in the exchange of Pythag, Spak is even weirder. His discussion with Lore feels far more processed,, like he's going through a mental checklist of how a town would respond
He did similar behavior in the last game, and I called him out on it. However, he ended up as Town. I suspect the extreme wiggle room in his statements could be playstyle. At the same time, iirc he was a power role so he could have been playing extra defensive/preparatory to stay safe. It's null for me atm.

What's not null is how forced these points are from him. It's weird. Not to mention how he said he's "just answering questions" but sending large, reachy-as-hell paragraphs.

vote: soup
Last game you tended to drop votes without much stated reasoning. Mind adding some to this vote?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If you played a game with Ryker already (or at least part of one) and think he'd have patience for that question, then I'm shocked. Fortunately it seems that you agree, so I don't understand why you're pushing this point.

Your sentence here, "people expected to be clawing for any lead they can get," feels immensely like projection. You're trying way too hard here.

Like the Pythag bit. In what world would ANY Vig panic on someone asking them that D1 with no N0? They'd literally be the worst player to have ever graced this site. I don't understand why you're even slightly entertaining the possibility or even bringing it up.

Lastly, the Ryker bit. You're reaching hard on that point. As we've established, he was at 3 votes in RVS. There's no way an RVS wagon would be actual pressure, especially if I pushed to end RVS with his wagon. People would just immediately unvote. Not to mention how he'd completely ignore it.
Fair enough. I agree that I've been reachy, but that's just because I'm at home with pretty much nothing to do, this game's moving at a snail's pace, and I wanted it to speed up a little. Nobody's biting and your post seems to be the only thing to talk about, so I didn't really see a point in not responding to your responses. I'll take a nap and come back to this later; hopefully my stomach starts feeling better and I'll have a clearer head by that point.

#HBC | ѕoup

He did similar behavior in the last game, and I called him out on it. However, he ended up as Town. I suspect the extreme wiggle room in his statements could be playstyle. At the same time, iirc he was a power role so he could have been playing extra defensive/preparatory to stay safe. It's null for me atm.

What's not null is how forced these points are from him. It's weird. Not to mention how he said he's "just answering questions" but sending large, reachy-as-hell paragraphs.
I only skimmed last game so you'd have a better impression than me. Regardless of who Spak is I find scum tends to make non-arguments for the sake of credibility, and while I don't entirely agree that Spak is reaching per-se, I do feel like he's spending a lot of time on something that would've been resolved anyways. Do you think that Spak would try to stick close to how he played in the last game for townpoints, or is that fact of him playing similar giving you slight pause in your own thought process?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Fair enough. I agree that I've been reachy, but that's just because I'm at home with pretty much nothing to do, this game's moving at a snail's pace, and I wanted it to speed up a little. Nobody's biting and your post seems to be the only thing to talk about, so I didn't really see a point in not responding to your responses. I'll take a nap and come back to this later; hopefully my stomach starts feeling better and I'll have a clearer head by that point.
Makes some sense, but I feel like this has been going on since your first post towards me, with the "role baiting" comment. This wasn't a recent development on your end as part of the thread being inactive. Not sure how I feel on your reasoning here, but I will admit that being sick with nothing to do does explain at least some of it.

Regardless, I hope you feel better soon.

I only skimmed last game so you'd have a better impression than me. Regardless of who Spak is I find scum tends to make non-arguments for the sake of credibility, and while I don't entirely agree that Spak is reaching per-se, I do feel like he's spending a lot of time on something that would've been resolved anyways. Do you think that Spak would try to stick close to how he played in the last game for townpoints, or is that fact of him playing similar giving you slight pause in your own thought process?
I personally don't think he'd be doing it for town points. I do think it's either part of his general playstyle or his playstyle as a power role (whether town PR or just scum in general). The similarity is giving me pause and forcing me to decide which of the two I feel it is.

I usually don't like to go for meta, but the last game was very recent and unresolved, so it's fresh in my mind.

#HBC | ѕoup

I personally don't think he'd be doing it for town points. I do think it's either part of his general playstyle or his playstyle as a power role (whether town PR or just scum in general). The similarity is giving me pause and forcing me to decide which of the two I feel it is.

I usually don't like to go for meta, but the last game was very recent and unresolved, so it's fresh in my mind.
How do you feel about his #113 in regards to him essentially backing down and admitting he was probably reaching and essentially saying he was bored/wanted to get out of RVS as well

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
How do you feel about his #113 in regards to him essentially backing down and admitting he was probably reaching and essentially saying he was bored/wanted to get out of RVS as well
I stated how I felt in #115, but I'm still chewing on it. The boredom is a reasonable excuse, albeit a bit of an easy one. I don't think it applies to his initial posts about the role fishing etc.

#HBC | ѕoup

I stated how I felt in #115, but I'm still chewing on it. The boredom is a reasonable excuse, albeit a bit of an easy one. I don't think it applies to his initial posts about the role fishing etc.
I know it sounds uncanny but I'm pretty sure you both had the same purpose in the way you were approaching each other, because you yourself also said your intent was to get out of RVS. I was hoping Spak would buckle but instead he sorta left a bit gracefully imo

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag

The first hypothetical went over so well, so here's another! I'd love to see some activity from you, we've got nothing so far. I'd appreciate a peek into your mindset with this, since we have so little to go on this game from everyone.

Post RVS, we have Tom, Spak, Me, Soup, and Fandango active, with Gorf, Kary, Marshy, and Ran having some posts too.

You're still day vig, but the mod for this hypothetical game is pretty bad at balancing. You're also a doctor. You also know that you HAVE to shoot today, or else it's a no lynch. This mod is very bad at game setup.

Between the five active players I mentioned first, who would you shoot and end the day with? With the latter 4, who would you save?

Same question goes out to anyone who wants to answer it, especially people who haven't posted much yet.

Top Bottom