• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Let's just lynch between Lore and soup for Day 1
Oh no I have Ranmaru who's trying to play like Kary and then Kary who's trying to pay like Kary both suspecting for obstinate and obtuse reasons :laugh:

#HBC | ѕoup

I was F5'ing a bit waiting for Ranmaru to grace me with a response but it never came. I feel like I have an understanding why he's doing this but I don't feel it's all that productive. I really feel like it were anyone but Ranmaru I'd probably be scum-reading it but it's like he's trying to be helpful by stepping back for a change. I think it would've been more scummier had he fallen back into himself much quicker than he did, but instead he's putting a lot of thought into his posts (even if they don't come off that way).

The exchange with Lore/Spak is a huge can of worms honestly, and really I think that exchange is way less important than others are making it out to be. You have two people who had similar intent to get out of RVS somehow meeting halfway in an exchange, only one of them decided to back off. I initially didn't like Spak assuming that Lore could be rolefishing that early in the game, but came to the conclusion at the end that Spak probably was being truthful about jumping the gun. When it comes to Lore I think the pressure on him is fine given he will crack eventually from it, but think time could be spent on more interesting things that just hasn't come around.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
When it comes to Lore I think the pressure on him is fine given he will crack eventually from it, but think time could be spent on more interesting things that just hasn't come around.
What are some of the more interesting things?

#HBC | ѕoup

marshy is also giving me weird vibes, I'm not sure why he's getting a pass as I feel if there's one thing I could take from this Lore focus is that it's a really easy push to make. Ryker's response to him was way more potent in my eyes but I do tend to be more biased to people who agree with me lol

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
See: Hasn't come around
Ah. It seemed like you noticed something you weren't bringing up.

dont like how he opened the question up to the floor either. why not just let the game progress organically? thatll do much more for reads than the route hes taken
How does the game progress organically? What does that look like / mean to you?

#HBC | ѕoup

What are you doing?
Keeping myself sane. I don't know why it's DGames that tends to tilt me but I've spent my time away from here playing on other sites. I feel like others sometimes get this idea that they can rattle me and believe that's the only way to read me, but this is frustrating personally because I don't want that to be the case. Kary plays how Kary does but for Ran to give me close to the same treatment just pinched a nerve.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yo my boy marshy rocking the waifu yoko. get j in here with that leeron avy and thatll be the total package right there
Oh well Gorf I'm not sure if Yoko is better than Nia here but you always did have a great sense of humor haha.

~ J

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
How does the game progress organically? What does that look like / mean to you?
right now we have half the game discussing lore vs spak and soup to an extent. the other half has yet to weigh in. when they do, who knows, someone could post some scummy **** and next thing we know were wagoning them instead. so the game progressing organically looks like everyone weighing in (which usually leads to more squabbles and thus reads/wagons or the current ones growing) and going from there. i spent a lot of my time last game watching things flesh out despite being a top poster. part of the reason last game stalled was cuz you had the active part posting a lot while 1/4 of the cast ****ed off

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
marshy is also giving me weird vibes, I'm not sure why he's getting a pass as I feel if there's one thing I could take from this Lore focus is that it's a really easy push to make. Ryker's response to him was way more potent in my eyes but I do tend to be more biased to people who agree with me lol
thats what they said last game

what do you mean by rykers response being more potent?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Finished the fridge, that was ****ing miserable. We had to take the house door off the hinges. Quick reply before my shower, then I will catch up.

think its scummy how lore is sticking to this hypothetical as a means to push discussion. gave im a pass for the first time but it feels contrived at this point

and why the continued engagement of pythag? i mean him no offense but if i was scum pythags a player i would press considering how ppl found him scummy last game. its convenient and just a weird direction to go as town rn

dont like how he opened the question up to the floor either. why not just let the game progress organically? thatll do much more for reads than the route hes taken

i feel like a lot of lores posts are for show. like trying to establish himself as a driver of discussion when a townie wouldnt feel that way considering where were at at this point in the game

I have a big problem in this game re: Pythag, and I'd like to address it with Town.

I just had someone pop up as yellow on my "users who are viewing this thread." Prior, everyone was grey or their custom colors.

This means I'm a ****ing dumb ass and didn't realize that I could see invisible users. I thought it was only in my assigned boards. I addressed Pythag because he was viewing the thread.

This obviously is an issue. Would all players be more comfortable if I requested a secondary account just for mafia? Or are we fine as is? I'm ****ing pissed at myself for missing this detail before.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
victim? It's more, sorry I find you kinda scummy
i know you elaborated later to say you thought i was leading with my post on lore. but thats silly and im town.

So hypotheticals in general just aren't good? They're a new thing I was trying, so I appreciate feedback.
really it was the false dilemma you proposed to pythag that irked me. but also the hypothetical was not very great because it doesn't really mean anything and creates empty reading that i have to do. i maybe get what you were trying to do with the second hypothetical - "who would you kill now?" is essentially "who would you lynch by yourself." so its not black and white and i feel like you can probably delineate between the two by yourself??

Tom Tom @#HBC | FrozeηFlame tell me now before we get rolling very far, what should I be expecting from you two in terms of activity compared to last game? Obviously you won't be as active as me, but is it reasonable to be waiting on your input on things? Marshy's bingo board is pretty accurate. I have a history to defaulting to a scum read on you two and marshy and I want to address that. Kev is the only one of those I got over. Everyone else just stopped playing.

That aside, I want your take on Soup. His entrance into his vote setting the wagon to L-1 and then how he has approached the sideline of the Lore/Spak conversation. He's probably the meatiest slot in the game right now.
correct me if im wrong - i feel like i was in very good standing with you for all of the last game until utopianpoyzin's fake claim.

also, i wont disppear. i promise. feels bad to sit in that bingo square.

i really dislike the huge show soup made of hammering only not to be hammering. besides that, on lore/spak - lynch em both

cant tell if this avatar is a smh or an lol

gonna see how long i can go before i cringe myself into reverting

like this post if its a smh, quote for an lol
its cute and i like it

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Lore Lore : i doubt its a problem. if someone is invisible and viewing the thread without posting, all it means is that they aren't posting but they are reading. imo it isnt indicative of alignment or anything and you probably shouldnt use it as info anyways if you're scumhunting?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
right now we have half the game discussing lore vs spak and soup to an extent. the other half has yet to weigh in. when they do, who knows, someone could post some scummy **** and next thing we know were wagoning them instead. so the game progressing organically looks like everyone weighing in (which usually leads to more squabbles and thus reads/wagons or the current ones growing) and going from there. i spent a lot of my time last game watching things flesh out despite being a top poster. part of the reason last game stalled was cuz you had the active part posting a lot while 1/4 of the cast ****ed off
I guess I see it different. Lore V Spak looked like it was resolved at least kinda between the two of them. Struck me as two earnest people, so I guess I didn't see there being much to discuss there.

Lore asking questions though, I mean, I see that as generating conversation. I guess I see it as it happening quicker, but not...inorganic? idk. Or is this conversation more about meta and RVS rather than scum hunting. I guess I see more conversation about different topics or more concrete things can create more situations for scum to slip/

Tom Tom
i know you elaborated later to say you thought i was leading with my post on lore. but thats silly and im town.
Okok
kevin tell me what to do
confirmed.

Lore Lore I don't necessarily care one way or the other if you can see me or not. Personally I'm with Tom in that I wouldn't use it as a tell? I guess? usually it means either I left the webpage up at work, or I'm on mobile. I don't like phoneposting if I don't have to. (though if asked a question while I'm on mobile I might answer to say that that's my situation)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
correct me if im wrong - i feel like i was in very good standing with you for all of the last game until utopianpoyzin's fake claim.

also, i wont disppear. i promise. feels bad to sit in that bingo square.

i really dislike the huge show soup made of hammering only not to be hammering. besides that, on lore/spak - lynch em both
As far as last game goes, you were a slot I was worried about. I was never going to act on that so long as you kept putting out those read lists and I could see the thread, but you were always coming in late to the point where I had to consider whether or not this list was made hand-tailored for the thread at that moment.

The situation I was most afraid of in that game was a LyLo of me, you, and Ran.

But yeah, mostly I want to know if you're around enough that I can actively seek you before moving on things. If the answer to that is no, then that is okay. I don't want to waste my time on it though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lore Lore : i doubt its a problem. if someone is invisible and viewing the thread without posting, all it means is that they aren't posting but they are reading. imo it isnt indicative of alignment or anything and you probably shouldnt use it as info anyways if you're scumhunting?
See Rockin last game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm also curious to know why Soup wants to know my thoughts when I like a post agreeing with Marshy but not the Gorf like that is referencing a lynch on him and lore.

#HBC | ѕoup

I want to know why you're putting me and Ran in the same pile.
I'm also curious to know why Soup wants to know my thoughts when I like a post agreeing with Marshy but not the Gorf like that is referencing a lynch on him and lore.

My response to Ryker pretty much sums it up in #174. I don't think either of you really scum read me as hard as you want me to believe.

#HBC | ѕoup

So what you're trying to say is you're not afraid?
I don't think not afraid/afraid is the proper term for what I feel right now. It's like you two are passing judgment on me and expecting me to absolve some sort of guilt that I know I don't have.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore I have no wiggle room?

These questions are more or less "what are your scum reads, and what are you town reads" do you agree or disagree with that?

Tom - I think how he reacted to you was leading, more leading than the questions you asked me

Soup - The vote on Ryker and subsequent unvote made me uncomfortable. He's ok with an accidental hammer, but not setting up ryker to be hammer by someone else? seems like backpeddling.

Marsh asks good pointed questions, I would want to prevent him from dying.

Spak is active reading a lot. I disagree with his initial read on you, but it strikes me like town
Nah you have wiggle room since it was less of a strict question. Just was odd for you to go for two each rather than just one.

Thanks for the detailed reasoning. I'm a bit brain dead atm from the heat during the fridge installation, otherwise I'd think more clearly and talk about your reasoning. Gut says it's decent reasons though.

think its scummy how lore is sticking to this hypothetical as a means to push discussion. gave im a pass for the first time but it feels contrived at this point

and why the continued engagement of pythag? i mean him no offense but if i was scum pythags a player i would press considering how ppl found him scummy last game. its convenient and just a weird direction to go as town rn

i feel like a lot of lores posts are for show. like trying to establish himself as a driver of discussion when a townie wouldnt feel that way considering where were at at this point in the game
Already explained the Pythag bit, but hard disagree on the rest of this. I'm cool with dropping hypothetical as a means of discussion, but when literally nothing is getting really discussed, I felt the need to do something to get things going.

Was it bumbling and could have been done better? Yeah of course. But I'd rather do that and get some reactions instead of sitting idly and refusing to stick my neck out. It's how I do D1; I just hadn't tried a hypothetical before.

I literally claimed day cop with a guilty a few games ago to do something similar, and I was town; this is just how I roll. I did similar in Tomafia as scum but was generally just more aggressive instead. Tbh I'm mostly just trying to figure out what actually works D1 as both factions, since lurking and waiting for discussion is boring as hell.

Lore, you misread me. I probably would've prefaced my answer with "It's Day 1 and this means little," but point blank questions of who do you kill I'll normally answer. Who do you save, I will decline to answer more often, but I'm still pretty face up with my town reads.

Note: Who would you kill is a very different question from who do you think is scum, like last game where I said I'd shoot an inactive.
Ah, fair. My mistake then, I'm glad to hear you would have answered. I'd ask the hypothetical to you, but it sounds like most players see the hypothetical as not really worth it right now. Or at least I'm getting criticized for it.

I too feel like kill VS who is scum is very different, and it's why I asked it that way.

i only skimmed tomafia 4 but he seemed to do a similar thing as scum where he was more on the frontlines. i vaguely remember him complaining about ppls activity and questioning multiple players for example

seems like youre giving him the benefit of the doubt here. i think ill get more from poking. i take issue with it cuz theres more to gain as scum with his approach (establish yourself as a top poster, mold discussion in your favor, look like youre prodding and pushing) than as town (...get people talking i guess? but this always happens)
Nah I did similar in the last couple games I was in too, and it's what I do as town or scum. I just get bored sitting there, as previously said. It's why I post so much. I feel like the lack of me being there early game in the last one is influencing your read a bit here.

Also wtf at the last paragraph lol. Yes, spurring discussion and trying to get the game going is scummy. Come on. This is a hard reach.

Lore scum for moving his vote in RVS. I already explained my reasoning for you. That's it.
Weak. Come on Ran, you were way more invested and fun in the last game. What's up?

Moving to next page, going ahead and posting this so it isn't accidentally lost.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think I'm more hydrated and awake after the midpoint of last post, I'm going to sit on my Pythag thoughts and let them stew. His reasons seemed sound enough, but it's mostly gut atm for me.

Let's just lynch between Lore and soup for Day 1
Did you ever actually share your reasons for Soup? I might have missed it.

When it comes to Lore I think the pressure on him is fine given he will crack eventually from it, but think time could be spent on more interesting things that just hasn't come around.
Oof. Rough assumption here. I do get pissy when insulted or condescended to, but I like to think I'm fine under actual pressure.

Kary, is Lore/Soup SvT or do you want both?
I didn't realize it was a Lore V Soup situation at all, unless I'm misunderstanding this post or misremembering.

When you use SvT, are you saying there was a confrontation or that it's just you potentially seeing a convo as one scum one town? This question and the above line are mostly so I can understand your lingo a bit better.

really it was the false dilemma you proposed to pythag that irked me. but also the hypothetical was not very great because it doesn't really mean anything and creates empty reading that i have to do. i maybe get what you were trying to do with the second hypothetical - "who would you kill now?" is essentially "who would you lynch by yourself." so its not black and white and i feel like you can probably delineate between the two by yourself??
Minor callout of that first line: a pet peeve of mine is when people say "I'm town" casually. It almost always feels forced and fake.

Fair, on that second paragraph. I think if I do something similar in the future, I'll wait until a bit further in, like my second hypothetical to Pythag. I think I get what you mean here.

The first one was intended to get reactions going about whoever Pythag picked, which worked swimmingly for the second hypothetical. Your reaction to being chosen was interesting.

Ah OK, thanks guys. (not quoting everyone about it lol)

It's less that I used Pythag being online and not posting for reads, more that it put me in a position where I could ping him directly when I knew he was looking. But I also get what you mean.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kary wants to move on one of Soup and Lore atm. I wanted to know if that's because Kary thinks only one of them is scum or if it's because only one of them can be lynched today.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To make sure I understand, is the entirety of the Soup reasoning about his reaction to Me/Spak? Or did I miss something?
I don't think I've posted any reasoning other than I like this wagon. I can vote you if you would prefer.

Top Bottom