• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Last thing cause I'm tired of writing now.

I'm not indifferent to compromise. I will look more into the arguments of Spak as they are presented or even what he does. I know this sounds kinda mean but I've genuinely filitered out Lore and it's like he doesn't even post in my mind, to some extent Ran too. I'm defaulting on my opinion of him and assuming you'll all shout me down about it regardless. If you think he's scum then it's gonna be your problem cause I can't be ****ed to try and consider that when it really is a too scummy to be scum situation.
RE:Bolded

Translation: "I have no desired route here other than lynching not me, so someone please give me an out."

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I again say this:

Are any of you willing to vote Marshy/Kary? I already know its gonna be a resounding ****ing no. Pythag is doable, and I have an inkling of supsicion that sure maybe isn't the greatest ****ing case in the world but work with me here! Tell me Ryker, what do you think about my options instead of just parading around the fact I gave them? I'm waiting.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you like Soup, how do you feel about those wagonning Soup?
gonna need to re-read the thread immediately following the claim and take a look at wach vote more closely to really answer this but my going off skim memory is that Kary was on soup prior to the claim so thats null (def could be wrong about this so tell me if I am), kevin seemed to just jump on just because, ryker seems wayyy too convinced that soup is scum given what we're actually working with which sketches me out, def kinda feel like he's eager to seal up that wagon, fandangos vote I need to take a second look at because I legit dont even remember if he gave rationale, marshy just seems miffed at how soup is conducting himself generally and tho I think marshy does legit believe soup to be scummy I think its kind of more a spite/idgaf vote and then ran is chomping at the bit to move to the wagon to lynch or L-1 which also sketches me out. Tbh rans not even on the wagon yet but he looks hella scummy waiting for permission by omission to vote ("if no one objects Im gonna vote")
I was unvoted on Soup due to wanting to hear from the rest of his wagon. I'd rather not risk a hammer while we were discussing the pros and cons. Now that #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame has stated his thoughts, he needs to unvote since he sounds like he believes the claim
why do I need to unvote? Ive never voted soup this game, my vote is on orangeXHTML. I might move my vote after re-reading the soup wagon development but Im not sure why youre so hung up on me not unvoting orangexHTML just because I believe soups claim

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ff imma need you to lurk and avoid the noose till D3/4 and come out swinging then so you can be the rock town needs late game after the boss ass townies get killed off

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am ready to flip soup, and feel we got enough out of him that I would vote him if others were fine if he were lynched right now. I did the same last game before voting Tom I think.

#HBC | ѕoup

I am ready to flip soup, and feel we got enough out of him that I would vote him if others were fine if he were lynched right now. I did the same last game before voting Tom I think.[/QUOTE]

Tom was town why would you say this lmaoooo

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP:

I am ready to flip soup, and feel we got enough out of him that I would vote him if others were fine if he were lynched right now. I did the same last game before voting Tom I think.[/QUOTE]

Tom was town why would you say this lmaoooo

#HBC | Gorf

we have like 28 hours till deadline and a good amount of opportunity for people to come through though. if we were like 6 hrs out this eagerness to lynch would be more sensible is the whole point, but it being more than a day away makes it more interesting

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Imo possibility of no roleblocker still means we dont lynch possible oracle d1

#HBC | ѕoup

wow i cant quote

Been listenin' to this non-stop since viewing the thread, really got me in the mood

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I said I would vote Tom in my next post. Tom flipping town is irreverent to what I would do.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I again say this:

Are any of you willing to vote Marshy/Kary? I already know its gonna be a resounding ****ing no. Pythag is doable, and I have an inkling of supsicion that sure maybe isn't the greatest ****ing case in the world but work with me here! Tell me Ryker, what do you think about my options instead of just parading around the fact I gave them? I'm waiting.
I think your options suck.

I've mentioned Marshy before and your "vibes" don't help.

You mentioned that your Pythag read is weak. I agree.

Kary, from your PoV is probably your best shot, but I would lynch you before Kary every time.

However, my issue isn't your reads, it's your goals, or lack thereof.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
gonna need to re-read the thread immediately following the claim and take a look at wach vote more closely to really answer this but my going off skim memory is that Kary was on soup prior to the claim so thats null (def could be wrong about this so tell me if I am), kevin seemed to just jump on just because, ryker seems wayyy too convinced that soup is scum given what we're actually working with which sketches me out, def kinda feel like he's eager to seal up that wagon, fandangos vote I need to take a second look at because I legit dont even remember if he gave rationale, marshy just seems miffed at how soup is conducting himself generally and tho I think marshy does legit believe soup to be scummy I think its kind of more a spite/idgaf vote and then ran is chomping at the bit to move to the wagon to lynch or L-1 which also sketches me out. Tbh rans not even on the wagon yet but he looks hella scummy waiting for permission by omission to vote ("if no one objects Im gonna vote")
Really? Please set out further your take on my slot since that is by far the most interesting.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think your options suck.

I've mentioned Marshy before and your "vibes" don't help.

You mentioned that your Pythag read is weak. I agree.

Kary, from your PoV is probably your best shot, but I would lynch you before Kary every time.

However, my issue isn't your reads, it's your goals, or lack thereof.
My goal is to lynch scum just like you(?) Did my almost hammer on you make you sour about me no matter what I say. Would you be willing to vote marshy? You left him out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
dont say that in front of lore or ryker they may **** on you for no ****ing reason

btw can you take your double vote off soup?
My question then becomes how much does a Soup flip change D2 vs how much does a check change D3? Is anyone you're going to lynch today going to change the fact that I want Soup tomorrow?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My goal is to lynch scum just like you(?) Did my almost hammer on you make you sour about me no matter what I say. Would you be willing to vote marshy? You left him out.
No I didn't leave him out and I said a bit more in response to Kary earlier.

And if your goal is to lynch scum, you aren't playing like it. That's my entire problem.

**** outta here with that garbage. I think your almost hammer is disgusting, but I'd prefer not to get a bold text AtE explosion at the moment.

#HBC | ѕoup

No I didn't leave him out and I said a bit more in response to Kary earlier.

And if your goal is to lynch scum, you aren't playing like it. That's my entire problem.

**** outta here with that garbage. I think your almost hammer is disgusting, but I'd prefer not to get a bold text AtE explosion at the moment.
The only compromise we're going to have is in reads, I accept this. If you don't agree with my way of solving at the least you can tell me what you think of them.

#HBC | Gorf

My question then becomes how much does a Soup flip change D2 vs how much does a check change D3? Is anyone you're going to lynch today going to change the fact that I want Soup tomorrow?
you need to word your question better because i doubt im understanding it correctly. idgaf if you want soup toMorrow, i mean **** i might, who knows whatll be in store for toMorrow. you dont even know if you want soup toMorrow. but i dont want him toDay because if hes oracle his mislynch will at least clear a townie or bingo a scummy. plus there are good plays to make.

is your hubris too strong to consider the idea that your read on soup might be wrong and that, if hes oracle, that result will be valuable? do you just not know what else you might want to do toDay if lynching soup isnt an option?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
btw can you take your double vote off soup?
That's up to my better half

In absence if Soup flip, we still have another flip today. Maybe even Lore flip.

Only thing I fear is Oracle mislynch d2 confirms a townie who dies n2

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
you need to word your question better because i doubt im understanding it correctly. idgaf if you want soup toMorrow, i mean **** i might, who knows whatll be in store for toMorrow. you dont even know if you want soup toMorrow. but i dont want him toDay because if hes oracle his mislynch will at least clear a townie or bingo a scummy. plus there are good plays to make.

is your hubris too strong to consider the idea that your read on soup might be wrong and that, if hes oracle, that result will be valuable? do you just not know what else you might want to do toDay if lynching soup isnt an option?
I actually don't know exactly where I'm goin on not a Soup lynch. It would probably start with Lore, but I'm not certain where I'll end up.

However, I think a Soup flip will give me more information for D2 and D3 than any single check. I am pretty damn confident that Soup is a scumbag who claimed Oracle, thought he was ****ed, then came back and wasn't CC'd so he thought he could get away with it. At this point and him not being would shake my world and I don't think I'm the only slot that's true for.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let me lay out why I firmly believe soup is scum and not a pr and why I am eager for his lynch:

1. He stated disagreement on Spak page 10. Doesn't respond.
2. Tom brings up soups vote count mistake, soup explodes when it is not a normal reaction.
3. He claims early.

All in all, he cares more to respond to Tom which *escalates* him to what he wants, to claim early and get people off him, instead of conversing about reads he disagrees with. This is playing with a survival mindset, not a scum hunting one.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That slot is so incredibly disgusting looking to me.

If you think you're supposed to give him a phase, are you supposed to give him two, three?

Where do you draw the line in value for keeping him around? How long can I still get him lynched as Mafia kill off people?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I find it absolutely hysterical that Tom wants to give Soup a day here when I think it's wrong, but doesn't want to give me a day when the set-up would've stopped a CC from being necessary during the UP claim.

#HBC | ѕoup

I still want Oracle suggestions if you fear I'm gonna hit a townie with it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Keeping myself sane. I don't know why it's DGames that tends to tilt me but I've spent my time away from here playing on other sites. I feel like others sometimes get this idea that they can rattle me and believe that's the only way to read me, but this is frustrating personally because I don't want that to be the case. Kary plays how Kary does but for Ran to give me close to the same treatment just pinched a nerve.
This is also a very important post to look at. This is his response to Ryker asking what he was doing in the game. Soup has been sitting on his ass. This is not PR play.

#HBC | Gorf

I actually don't know exactly where I'm goin on not a Soup lynch. It would probably start with Lore, but I'm not certain where I'll end up.
well then thats a problem and you should seriously consider changing that before the Day ends regardless of whether we wind up lynching soup or not...

However, I think a Soup flip will give me more information for D2 and D3 than any single check. I am pretty damn confident that Soup is a scumbag who claimed Oracle, thought he was ****ed, then came back and wasn't CC'd so he thought he could get away with it. At this point and him not being would shake my world and I don't think I'm the only slot that's true for.
...because there are players that, imo, are good potential lynch alternatives when we have an un-cc'd oracle that will give us a check if he is telling the truth. you just havent played the game enough to consider that if your pool consists of soup soup and soup

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Can mod confirm that order of night action operations means town vig and mafia night kill occur after oracle selection?

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun
Night action resolution:
Mafia Role Blocker - > Jailkeeper -> Body Guard -> Oracle -> Night Kills -> Messenger/Role Cop -> Tracker

This has been added to the OP for easy access in future phases.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
well then thats a problem and you should seriously consider changing that before the Day ends regardless of whether we wind up lynching soup or not...
I started Shadowbringers and it distracted the **** out of me at the start of this game. I had intended to do that today before the Soup **** hit the fan yesterday and I will do so still.

...because there are players that, imo, are good potential lynch alternatives when we have an un-cc'd oracle that will give us a check if he is telling the truth. you just havent played the game enough to consider that if your pool consists of soup soup and soup
So what's your lynchpool? Lay it out for me.

Prior to this it was Soup or Lore and I wanted to go back through the game and look at specifically Spak, Ran, and Pythag because I thought they were the ones most likely to yield paydirt. I've legitimately asked multiple times where the lynches are that will make it worth waiting on a potential check in exchange for giving mafia a potential check.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Soup is scum. Soup is an experienced player and I highly doubt that he would be careless and carefree enough to "mishammer" as scum. It comes off to me as silly townie and his emotions and frustration leading up to his claim feels genuine to me.

Ryker's laser focus on Soup and lack of direction otherwise is weird to me and I don't like it.

Gorf, I think your issue with Spak is more of his playstyle and the way he words his posts. If you look at last game, with his interactions with Lore, he responded in a similar way.

Pythag is still scum and our best lynch option.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So Gorf and Tom.

Here's my hypothetical:

You don't lynch Soup today. Who do you lynch? Does Soup look better on either flip for that slot? Will you support a Soup lynch tomorrow?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I find it absolutely hysterical that Tom wants to give Soup a day here when I think it's wrong, but doesn't want to give me a day when the set-up would've stopped a CC from being necessary during the UP claim.
In both cases I erred on the side of the town PR claim

Also, they dont exist in a vacuum and one happened after the other

What's hard to get

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Votecount

Soup (5): Kary, Kevin, Ryker, Fandangox, marshy
Lore (2): Tom, ranmaru
OrangeXHTML (3): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag
Pythag(2): OrangeXHTML, Soup

Not Voting(1): Lore

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 27 hours and 34 minutes from this post.

Tomorrow I will be out doing things with my family most of the day so if there is a majority vote I might not be able to post a flip right away, but will do my best to check in periodically.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

For my sanity please assume I'm real and GIVE SUGGESTIONS. All of you.

Top Bottom