• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
In both cases I erred on the side of the town PR claim

Also, they dont exist in a vacuum and one happened after the other

What's hard to get
I didn't yell at you for it. I said it was hilarious. I stand by that.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
out of the four presented, my ordered lynchpool is spak>lore/pythag>soup. spak ive stated plenty. lore continues to just bellow over in posts that id be down to drunkenly read through in a skype call after the game ends and id put my vote there if spak wasnt gonna happen or gain steam in a heartbeat. pythag i have been fine just folding on for the Day and waiting to develop my read on him until toMorrow, but im not entirely opposed to digging through if people express interest in doing so. and soup, my gut is still pretty null (with less of a town lean than i had before the claim) based on play alone, but the oracle claim tells me delay lynch until toMorrow if i can help it. i see no other player as a legitimate wagon to ride to the end of the Day from this point

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For my sanity please assume I'm real and GIVE SUGGESTIONS. All of you.
If you're real, I do not want there to be a consensus on who you're targetting so scum can decide if they want to roleblock you or not. I would MUCH rather get a semi-random check or make them sweat in this case.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
out of the four presented, my ordered lynchpool is spak>lore/pythag>soup. spak ive stated plenty. lore continues to just bellow over in posts that id be down to drunkenly read through in a skype call after the game ends and id put my vote there if spak wasnt gonna happen or gain steam in a heartbeat. pythag i have been fine just folding on for the Day and waiting to develop my read on him until toMorrow, but im not entirely opposed to digging through if people express interest in doing so. and soup, my gut is still pretty null (with less of a town lean than i had before the claim) based on play alone, but the oracle claim tells me delay lynch until toMorrow if i can help it. i see no other player as a legitimate wagon to ride to the end of the Day from this point
Okay, let's go through it then. Pick one for me and do another yourself. Preferably you do Lore because it's the one I already have the best handle on.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
So Gorf and Tom.

Here's my hypothetical:

You don't lynch Soup today. Who do you lynch? Does Soup look better on either flip for that slot? Will you support a Soup lynch tomorrow?
I'm happy to lynch a lot of people. I guess that's just how I am on Day 1. I just want more paper trail. I'd lynch almost anyone. Prefer Lore.

I'm not heartbroken if we lynch Soup but it just feels totally incorrect. I was wrong about Doop D1 but willing to lynch him and happily wrong.

That slot is so incredibly disgusting looking to me.

If you think you're supposed to give him a phase, are you supposed to give him two, three?

Where do you draw the line in value for keeping him around? How long can I still get him lynched as Mafia kill off people?
1 phase. Oracle only gets 1 read max.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Has gorf ever been this adamant about not killing a PR claim d1?
Tbh, I don't really read much into Tom/Gorf's behavior wrt Soup without more information. Either Soup flips mafia rolecop or Soup lives and I have behavior to compare to later.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ryker I feel I owe you a better answer than that and so I'll give you a new list with explanations tonight after a reread

#HBC | Gorf

I don't think Soup is scum. Soup is an experienced player and I highly doubt that he would be careless and carefree enough to "mishammer" as scum. It comes off to me as silly townie and his emotions and frustration leading up to his claim feels genuine to me.

Ryker's laser focus on Soup and lack of direction otherwise is weird to me and I don't like it.

Gorf, I think your issue with Spak is more of his playstyle and the way he words his posts. If you look at last game, with his interactions with Lore, he responded in a similar way.

Pythag is still scum and our best lynch option.
****ing case pythag dawg because i am convinced you dont actually have a pythag read. i want you to either read my ~373 (cant remember if thats it but that numbers jumping out at me) and systematically tell me why my interpretation of your read on pythag is incongruent with your actual read on pythag, and/or case pythag for me and show me how that corresponds to the reasoning you gave for voting pythag when you did.

#HBC | Gorf

i agree, i have zero means of defending soup past D2. if he gets roleblocked hed prob get roleblocked all game if hes town, or hes scum and got past a Day phase

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
gonna need to re-read the thread immediately following the claim and take a look at wach vote more closely to really answer this but my going off skim memory is that Kary was on soup prior to the claim so thats null (def could be wrong about this so tell me if I am), kevin seemed to just jump on just because, ryker seems wayyy too convinced that soup is scum given what we're actually working with which sketches me out, def kinda feel like he's eager to seal up that wagon, fandangos vote I need to take a second look at because I legit dont even remember if he gave rationale, marshy just seems miffed at how soup is conducting himself generally and tho I think marshy does legit believe soup to be scummy I think its kind of more a spite/idgaf vote and then ran is chomping at the bit to move to the wagon to lynch or L-1 which also sketches me out. Tbh rans not even on the wagon yet but he looks hella scummy waiting for permission by omission to vote ("if no one objects Im gonna vote")
why do I need to unvote? Ive never voted soup this game, my vote is on orangeXHTML. I might move my vote after re-reading the soup wagon development but Im not sure why youre so hung up on me not unvoting orangexHTML just because I believe soups claim
Woops, for some reason I had the impression you had your vote on Soup. My bad.

Vote: Soup

#HBC | Gorf

Okay, let's go through it then. Pick one for me and do another yourself. Preferably you do Lore because it's the one I already have the best handle on.
do spak

honestly i REALLY dont wanna go through lores posts so can i do pythag? i wanna develop my read on him anyway

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
****ing case pythag dawg because i am convinced you dont actually have a pythag read. i want you to either read my ~373 (cant remember if thats it but that numbers jumping out at me) and systematically tell me why my interpretation of your read on pythag is incongruent with your actual read on pythag, and/or case pythag for me and show me how that corresponds to the reasoning you gave for voting pythag when you did.
I don't have a problem with his transition on Spak vs Lore. Spak does though, so let's wait for Spak to get back from his party. I believe I've posted enough on Pythag though. He is not scum hunting, but more interested in pandering to the thread. And him agreeing with your read on my slot, and then voting for FF, who had no content at the time, makes zero sense.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker I feel I owe you a better answer than that and so I'll give you a new list with explanations tonight after a reread
I appreciate that, but I'm not doing much better at the moment.

Essentially, I'm pretty ****ing sure I've got one. Of all the slots in the game to buy into an AtE explosion, Soup is the WORST to give a pass for that. I buy that he got ****ing pissed at getting pressured when he didn't think he deserved it and claimed, but I think that he does that regardless of alignment because he's a little ***** sometimes.

When I strip away all the garbage I have:

1.) Stupid vote on me at the start that isn't a good look no matter how you interpret it (I'll dig out my quote about it after this post).

2,) Bad responses to people about his own slot rather than trying to move forward.

3.) Claim.

4.) Being a piece of **** and sitting there posting emotes instead of playing the game.

5.) An attempt to actually do **** today, but a lack of drive behind it.

I think it's completely consistent to call that a scumbag who thought he was ****ed and when he saw that he wasn't, he jumped back out there.

I want Soup today because it means a LOT to my read on slots like Kary, Ran, Kev, Marshy, or Fanny. I assume it means a lot to people on their reads on me. I am pretty much unwilling to lynch those slots if Soup is scum and I will act as if Soup is scum until something in the game changes my mind. If I got a Soup town flip, I'm probably trying to shove a lynch down Marshy's throat.

Meanwhile, if I'm not lynching Soup, I'm probably aiming at Lore. Not a bad lynch, don't get me wrong, but that lynch looks so much worse for D2 than a Soup lynch and I don't think it's outweighed by the value you get from a check from a theoretical Soup town on D3. If we lynch Lore, D2 we're gonna have a foot dragging town that eventually lynches Soup anyway (or he lives and I'm furious).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I dont care at all about Soups AtE. It's his claim alone that gives me pause.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't get me wrong, I have every intention of moving back, but I'm currently motivated to get off my ass and I'm gonna use that rather than let someone hammer him.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Real talk, how so? I have been pushing Soup since before the claim, continued after the claim, and unvoted in order to hear from everyone on the wagon, clearly stating that I'd be revoting. We heard from everyone. So I put my vote back on.
You dont belong in this world

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
if ppl want another lynch then organize another wagon and place down votes. lets get some competing ones going into deadline

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Real talk, how so? I have been pushing Soup since before the claim, continued after the claim, and unvoted in order to hear from everyone on the wagon, clearly stating that I'd be revoting. We heard from everyone. So I put my vote back on.
People have finally begun to do things that are useful and you set him to L1 with Ran out there.

#HBC | Gorf

I don't have a problem with his transition on Spak vs Lore. Spak does though, so let's wait for Spak to get back from his party. I believe I've posted enough on Pythag though. He is not scum hunting, but more interested in pandering to the thread. And him agreeing with your read on my slot, and then voting for FF, who had no content at the time, makes zero sense.
how does that make sense for scum to do though? its just a null senseless ****ing vote. trust me i agree that its weird. but its weird no matter what alignment you are

i dont accept "hes not scum hunting, hes pandering to the thread" as an acceptable answer here. i need you do me a favor and lay out, specifically and in your own words, what it is that you see that tells you he is more interested in pandering rather than scumhunting and explain to me how you see it that way. i am essentially accusing you of the same thing that youre accusing pythag of, because quite frankly, aside from the kary stuff (which has been rebutted against that your slot has decided to ignore) and the pythag stuff (which your slot has and im sure after this you will continue to ignore), there is you defending slots and just saying things that dont hold much value and passing by. i would like to see you scumhunt. please. do that. saying pythag is pandering isnt scumhunting. thats phoning it in.

Top Bottom