• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the player that inspired YOU?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
in melee, neo, cactuar, chillin, reflex, nesnoob, moogle, and dashizwiz
in barlw, reflex, ally and afrothundah

Will_

Smash Journeyman
M2K pre-brawl.

DSF in brawl if only for being the first player that was my goal.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Thomas Tipman, Lambchops, Advent (Lee) Linguini, Renth, Magus, Ken, Gangsta68? (Elliot) Steven, Smilez, Kevin, Andres, Synikal, Ceasar, Seibrik, Dashizwhiz, JungleFever, people that I've played at MDC with, the guys I met and played at FAU. The guys I play at ZP. And pretty much any player that invested time in playing me or taught my invaluable things about the game.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I dunno, I started smash before videos were really popular...

I remember watching GO vids and Teh Punch Crew... that was kind of inspiring...

I guess my biggest inspiration was Noucles and Lambchops, cause those are the guys who trained me.

Probably my biggest inspiration after that was Green Mario, even though I was the one that got him into smash, he just got so good so quick, and challenged me all the way to become a better player.

But as for peach... I mean, that nigg@ mike gizzle gave me inspiration to play Peach they way she should be played, but I actually never watched alot of peach videos period. I saw Comp do some really quick FC aerials with peach at my house before a tournament and thought to myself "****, that has alot of potential." And I just went from there.

PB&J

Smash Hero
back when my main was link i went to my first tourny @ gx and saw gawes play amd almost lost my mind.so he is def # 1 inspiration....

Chaddd-taught me how to wobble

chudat-showed me what a icy player was

tong-showed me what puff was and i loved it..i wanted to main puff and cf

cornel-made fox look like thoe smoothest man in town

then when all those characters failed i met mike g and he showed me peach, then went bake to icy's

but mike g showed me alot

fullmetal and tommy ***** me over and over till i was fustrated to go to training mode

Da wes- is the smartest smasher i ever played ever..everyone in da showed me alot

Pc chris-taught me the more characters u have the better u have

then after i came back from ny i went to ltec2

Keepspeedn -***** me up down left right,then i said to my self these ****** doesnt even mess up

dashizwiz-inspires me to try to become the best

m2k-inspires me to become perfect ..which is impossible when human

colbol-reminds me of naruto..which is beast

lambchops inspires me that i have always 2 or more options when playing,,and choose the right one and u will in

Azen-makes me want to pik every character in the

aninki-made me thought i was the best

bum-made me beleive the impossible can happen

its kinda of hard to put my biggest inspiration though but def

GAWES
MIKE G
CHADDD
SHIZ,SPDN
CHU
DAWES

BUT THE REST SHOWED ME AND KEPT ME GOING

-!-

Smash Lord
We aint talkin bout brawl son!!!1
ohh **** my bad >.> I randomly found ths thread and... umm nvm.... well if anything I'll Say SheikSSBM cuz I always got ***** XD so Iwanted to get better... ohh and KirbyKid (I think that's what he goes by) **** when I saw his Videos just too good.... he just made me want to keep on going with Kirby even though it was hard making him good XD

and Recently TheShizWiz, at Chops Tourney... those matches he had with chu where too good... it made me want to play Melee again :laugh: I think I might just do that...

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I forgot to mention FlowinWater, not so much of an inspiration, but he was the first person I ever played in tournament ever, and I lost badly, and I spent the next 2 years trying to beat him.

Which I finally did.

In winners and Losers.

<3 FlowBro.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
ohh **** my bad >.> I randomly found ths thread and... umm nvm....
No, it's clearly the Smash series in general.

I still looked up to Azen for a while when Brawl first came out. I'm really glad he's playing it over Melee; it's a good sign.

As for N64, the only person I knew around here that played well is Moogle, so I suppose that's something.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Honestly, PC Chris.

The first set I ever saw was Winner Semi's of MLG New York '06 Season opener, Ken vs. PC: PC won 3-2
Then I saw the Grand Finals set where PC beat Ken again.

PC totally inspired me to play competitively, since he beat the "#1 Reigning Champ" according to that Wife guy that was talking.

Kingblack56

Smash Cadet
KillaOR MTV True life- I'm a professional gamer

I already loved smash I just never saw the competitive side of it til I watch it.

rice

Smash Journeyman
Nites falco, then Bombsoldier combo vid right after that :3.
I saw shined blind, and thought it was ok.... didn't really make me go OH ****, cause i never even tried using fox for the most part. I do look up to Azen too as well :)

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
omg hella (peach) after i saw his peach i was like wow!! i want to main peach now, an after he stop playin like that, i saw this really good peach player he go's by the name of VIDJOGAMER!!! omfg hes so good an he teach me alot about peach an her match ups form watchin his vids on youtube i still watch some of his matchs tho but i dont really see him play like that anymore tho. but yeah the really really inspired me to play with peach XD thanks guys for showing me the way of PEACH!!! =D

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
but now a days i main fox an my inspiration are colbol, PC, shiz, cactuar.kdj,Jman that kid is too good lol wtf...
On other news, telling people that they still plays an 8 year old game does warrant as an insult. Sorry Melee kids, that's the truth. huh? really **** you brawl crawl=D

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
If i read that correctly...

Super Turbo, MVC2, 3s etc etc are older than melee and tons of peeps still play those.

O_o

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Mew2king, Mango, Forward, Taj, Darkrain, raynEX, Chillin (when I was a n00b)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*Squints eyes*

Marty who the **** is that in your avatar? I'd guess Tina but im not sure. I cant even tell if those are fat t**s or if she's pregnant. >.>

Laijin

Smash Hero
AURAFOX

The first player i've ever played in a tournament(lol vgames).
The coolest smasher i've ever met.
The dude who was nice to me from the beginning(Even though I was at one point the most hated smasher in the community).
I loved watching him play. He taught me a lot about the game and he was just super funny and cool to be around.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
AURAFOX

The first player i've ever played in a tournament(lol vgames).
The coolest smasher i've ever met.
The dude who was nice to me from the beginning(Even though I was at one point the most hated smasher in the community).
I loved watching him play. He taught me a lot about the game and he was just super funny and cool to be around.
I miss Aura

DRD

Smash Lord
Man I dunno

There were a lot of great players who I wanted to be as good as, but I never had a main until recently and I didn't play competitively, so I never had one person I looked up to really

Now that I'm a doc though, I still love Bob$, even if he doesn't really play anymore (I don't think). Other great/promising docs are Shroomed, 18spikes, etc. Basically the entire doc board. <3 you guise.

And of course Dogy, the mean green text machine, blackest ever, self-commentator of the decade, etc who gives me endless advice on aim

<3333

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
In Order.

Derf/Dark Falchion

My TNT Crew

Old school DBR Vids.

Top Bottom