• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the best Peach?!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Hmm, I really haven't watched Xelic so I can't say, I'll look him up. I honestly think VaNz should be up there. He does things with Peach that make people shudder. Cort is good, too. I'm still foggy on who is the best. Oh, and I'd say Armada is up there. XIF FTW, btw. Um, yeah....and we also have Ryoko, too. Tec's Peach is amazing....and M2K's Peach, lol.

"Crank that Roy"

Samochan

Smash Master
Cort, Armada, Pc... Some other peaches of course are very good as well (like Azen), but I don't think they're comparable to these ones. Mikael could be up there as well, but I recall he quit long time ago anyway, so bweh. And couldn't say anything definite either without ny recent vids. But yea, cort's definitely the best in the world right now, no doubt about that.

Composeur

Smash Ace
umm...

Are you people serious? This is ridiculous.

Cort is so obviously the best peach that the thread should end right there. This is not to insult any of the other incredible Peaches out there (including Xif and Xelic), but of all the "contestants" mentioned he clearly has the best understanding of the game. You can tell, if by nothing else, by the way he's consistently effective at avoiding disadvantageous situations and by adapting to whatever strategy will work. He plays to win, not to show off (even though his technical grasp of the game is almost nonpareil). But the facts speak for themselves: look at the caliber of players he's dealt with successfully a la ShizWiz, PC, Azen, and so forth. YT some recent videos and observe how he unpredictably mixes up his approaches and his strategies more than those other peaches. Or how well he knows all the characters and stages and how well he reads opponents.

And no, I'm not some partisan Cort fanboy or anything silly like that. I just appreciate superior skill and intelligence where it's evident.

By Cort's own admission m2k has a better peach than him, though most of us can't verify that. And PC's Peach has got to be at the very top, too--search YT and you'll find videos of his Peach nearly two-stocking m2k's MARTH at 2007 MLG Long Island. Aside from that, it seems like no one gives Vidjo any credit anymore. And like Samochan said, Armada is very probably right up there, too (NOT overrated, at least in my opinion), but PAL differences make it impossible to be sure.

And yes, those are just my observations. These people are all light years ahead of where the vast majority of us will ever be.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
cort edgeguards the best out of the peach mains, or at least seems to, so i'd say him for best peach main.

vidjo and xelic and xif all have very strong aspects of their gameplay that make them very strong players but cort's edgeguarding seems significantly better. and edgeguarding is really, really important.

Cia

das kwl
while i don't think he was the best, i think RYOKO has the best edge guarding..

LMAO @ XIF's sig and someone else actually referring to XiF as "SHE" .. hilarious

also.. part of the reason i dropped peach was because of weird *** conversations like this. I never see things like this in the Fox, Marth, or even Sheik boards.. only Peach <_<

Composeur

Smash Ace
LOL @ VaNz. I bet it's because the character attracts so many insecure players that just want to put on a crown and *****-slap their enemies. Then there are the Peach players that only picked the character because they're good with her. I've noticed that the latter tend to find amusement in the former. On an unrelated note, remember that thread a few months ago where dark.pch and Cort were...um...having words with each other?

Anyway, I think Ryoko's a great player, but Cort's superior predictive skills and more thorough exploitation of Peach's abilities and each stage's individual make-up make his aggressive edge-guarding (and his Peach in general) peerless.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Oh, btw, lol, this convo is funny, and VaNz is right. However....M2K's peach, although good, I doubt is better than cort's. Slikvik can beat M2K's peach, lol. Just thought I'd throw that little tidbit of info in there.

"Crank that Roy"

Cia

das kwl
no
seriously.. m2k has a good peach.. slikvik is decent.. but m2k just brings a natural intelligence to his characters.. slikvik HIMSELF said that m2k has the best peach..

while i don't agree with that, i'm still gonna say that m2k's is really good

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, back at SPOC IV....he and M2K did dittos. He 3-stocked tec in 2 of them. Tec came close in 1 or 2. The rest were 2-stocks. I thought about doing a ditto with M2K....but after seeing what he did to tec, and then when he went Bruce Lee on Slik for half a match....yeah.....I kept quiet.

"Crank that Roy"

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
IMO I say Cort and PC go for the tie here, with Cort taking it by a bit. I haven't seen much of M2K's but I heard that he ***** the ditto and stuff. After those big names, it's easily Xelic then the rest.

I'll tell you this much, Armada is DEFINATELY not top 5 material, let alone top 10. I'm sorry europeans, you guys are not too good at all.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'll tell you this much, Armada is DEFINATELY not top 5 material, let alone top 10. I'm sorry europeans, you guys are not too good at all.
Says... you? >_>

Fortunately I'm not so short-sighted or biased that I don't see whenever someone is really good or not, even from plain videos (liek I nominate cort for best peach in world from vids yay). Armada's name, as cort and xelic's and other people, hasn't been mentioned for nothing.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I think Armada probably knows what he's doing, considering his stature in the smash community...but that's just my $.02

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
who's armada?

seriously, I don't keep up with the times anymore.
Armada's a peach from sweden who has a pretty unique style (he uses uair and dtilt quite a bit, although I guess those moves have been getting more popular) and is probably one of the best European smashers. He always seems to lose to PAL sheiks, though.

here's his combo video if you care:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnQ89h9cLoI

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
ohhh sweden's peach lol

ya, I jus got his name confused with someone else

dang i wanna try out pal peach combos lol

Samochan

Smash Master
He always seems to lose to PAL sheiks, though.
Lol, lose? He goes toe to toe with the best pal sheik and gave captain jack a run for his money. he trains with his brother (I think it was his big bro) Aniolas and knows how to handle sheiks very well.

And pal peach comboes should work on ntsc as well, it's just the matter of using uair and dash attack at the right time and stuff. <.<

Top Bottom