• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whos the best diddy kong player? all jokes aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
really NL? innovated the most? I think not...

honestly, I think I have the best Banana game.

This thread in general is kinda annoying. =/

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
really NL? innovated the most? I think not...

honestly, I think I have the best Banana game.

This thread in general is kinda annoying. =/
Really now.....yes this thread is annoying or is it annoying because ur not the obvious choice? And for u to say i didnt innovate the most is pretty bold. I dont think u seen enough of me to make a judgement nor am i goin to say any about u. I kno where i place as do u. Leave it at that.

To underscore.

Now i see that u were talkin about me. Ur sayin i do what every other diddy does but SLIGHTY better. How the hell can u say that when i copied off of NO ONE? I discovered everything on my own. I placed since the beginning also so ur not making a point. I dont even main the character and i just touched him a couple months back. Nothin against n4nerz but sounds like SOMEONE is meatriding and his name is ____________

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
what the **** naners has been placing since day one and all NJ didy was frankly what every diddy player did just slightly better.
Come back when you've beaten Mew2King.
Kthnx.

Also, I don't think this thread is serving any real purpose anymore.

Pa0ol showed us some neat stuff early on.

N4N3RZ should be credited for showing us early on the potential Diddy has, and for doing an awesome job repping Diddy and placing at heaps of high level tournaments.

NinjaLink should be credited for Repping Diddy against some of THE biggest names in America, and for pushing the bar even further than before with his effective playstyle.

I honestly don't get how anyone can criticize players that are out there, winning tournaments against big names.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
all im saying is NL had no innovation. just good diddy. nobody says omg thatss the NL cause, he didnt do anything new. Certain big names that switched to diddy because of a pikachu online match shouldnt be talking.

ive played m2k in two casuals at willvolution, and both were jiggs vs. DDD. even if i 3 stocked him with sing those matches, i wouldnt come and brag. NL is riding his own ****.

National Power rankings are def

1.NL
2.Vyse
3.Hylain
4.M2K

for real.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
i have one a tourney a few tourneys with diddy kong on AiB

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
all im saying is NL had no innovation. just good diddy. nobody says omg thatss the NL cause, he didnt do anything new. Certain big names that switched to diddy because of a pikachu online match shouldnt be talking.

ive played m2k in two casuals at willvolution, and both were jiggs vs. DDD. even if i 3 stocked him with sing those matches, i wouldnt come and brag. NL is riding his own ****.

National Power rankings are def

1.NL
2.Vyse
3.Hylain
4.M2K

for real.
Actually Hylian named a combo after me.

Allright. So, in NinjalLinks video vs the pika he does a particular set up that I enjoy. For all purposes, I will call this the NL set-up.

What he does:
When he had two bannana's out vs the pika in the beggining he ran at pika while holding a bannana. Right before he got there he glidetossed backwards and threw the bananna up. He then grabbed the nana at his feet and glidetossed forward while throwing the nana forward. When pika tripped he ran forward and grabbed him, then used bthrow.
I hope you understood that, because it is a VERY useful set-up for many reasons. One of those reasons is the combo I just found. I will let you play around with other stuff using the NL set-up.

The combo:
Ok, so I only practiced this against MK so the timing might be different and it might be more effective ect against other characters.

So here it is:
NL set-up your opponent. When you grab them, throw them backwards and time it so that they hit the falling nana. This gives you enough time time catch them with the end of a dash attack out of the nana stun. That leads into fair.

This combo does 43% in training mode, but that is off so it would probably be around 45-47%. There are many variations that you can do out of this. Dair instead of fair for example.

This will take some practice to get the timing right for throwing them into the falling nana (and you want it to hit them away from you, not towards you though if it does hit towards its a free grab) and hitting with the right part of the dash attack, as well as knowing how far apart you should be from the grounded nana before you glidetoss them.
Start practicing :). This is how ypu guys should be thinking and practicing. Set-ups, forced positions, positional advantage, defensive rushdowns, traps, combo's, movement. This is what you need to learn to start pushing diddy to the next level.

I am going to open your eyes.
No innovation huh? explain this http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F20BD9B3EF27248B
and then come back to me. Did i brag i beat M2K? No. I didnt even mention his name once in this thread. I dont kno who ur talkin about when u say certain big names that switch to diddy because of the pikachu video because im the one who made that video and Vyse already was usin diddy. Anything else im missing underscore_?

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
All of those vids are nothing new. If you knew **** about a real fighter you'd realize with single nana dribble you have to buffer the banana pick up in the glide tosses lag and its the same thing with "aerial glide toss".. your just buffering the glide toss during your landing lag.

all im sayin is stop putting up vids of you 3 stocking very average players. i can 3 stock ym friend who i play with most repeatedly with Diddy but that doesnt prove ****. put up some of those m2k vids if you want some **** notoriety. Or put up every vid you have vs them instead of something equivalent to a brawl "highlight" video. Ive seen sonic clips like the vids you posted that should mean thats the best sonic in the world.

the FIRST thing i did with this game when i borrowed my friends japanese copy day 2 was going under battlefield :)

Sky`

Smash Lord
K so. N4N3RZ is the Best Diddy.
He pretty much created the Banana Metagame.
And he's still making it better.
No question. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the best Diddy in the country.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
All of those vids are nothing new. If you knew **** about a real fighter you'd realize with single nana dribble you have to buffer the banana pick up in the glide tosses lag and its the same thing with "aerial glide toss".. your just buffering the glide toss during your landing lag.

all im sayin is stop putting up vids of you 3 stocking very average players. i can 3 stock ym friend who i play with most repeatedly with Diddy but that doesnt prove ****. put up some of those m2k vids if you want some **** notoriety. Or put up every vid you have vs them instead of something equivalent to a brawl "highlight" video. Ive seen sonic clips like the vids you posted that should mean thats the best sonic in the world.

the FIRST thing i did with this game when i borrowed my friends japanese copy day 2 was going under battlefield :)
U sayin it like they LIED i beat M2K. There was barely any vids recorded at ESTICLE. The only video i have of esticle of me fightin omni and the cameraman sucked ***. Strangely dont kno why any vids wasnt recorded besides that one. And since u obviously didnt check i have actual matches up.

Thats the Meatridin.......

Sky`

Smash Lord
Hehe. I have heard a lot of things about teh Ninjar lynkx.

But speaking logically, I've never really seen you play (EDIT: In person.) , or played you personally. Nanerzzzz is the best Diddy I've ever seen play, and experienced playing with.

I've seen your video's. They are cute. :D

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

U sayin it like they LIED i beat M2K. There was barely any vids recorded at ESTICLE. The only video i have of esticle of me fightin omni and the cameraman sucked ***. Strangely dont kno why any vids wasnt recorded besides that one. And since u obviously didnt check i have actual matches up.

Thats the Meatridin.......lol j/k. U have an opinion. Cant do nothin about that

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
why is it automatically meat riding uif they dont like you?

im not saying they lied at all, just that the vids you have are against5 ****ty players and prove notyhing.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
why is it automatically meat riding uif they dont like you?

im not saying they lied at all, just that the vids you have are against5 ****ty players and prove notyhing.
If u read properly i was joking.....u take things a little too serious dude. It doesnt matter. This thread is based on opinion anyway so think what u want.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OKAYYYY

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm closing this. The information you need is this:
NinjaLink and Nanerz are really good, look at both of their videos if you are looking to learn about Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom