• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's planning on maining Ike?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
ike is my all time favorite character he is the master m8 no 1 can get him

he is coooooooooooooool and the ragnell aswell

today update was about wario change costume

i hope they get ike his lord or hero costume

Skazryk

Smash Apprentice
I hope to, but from the looks of his moves they have to much lag time before the move actually strikes. but if sakurai changes that then im all for ike. But, either way i want to use him.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I don't think i'm going to main Ike, even though he does look awesome, and i am definitely gonna try him out, i'm gonna try out ALL the new characters out, and any others with new moves, but, i'm a Pit guy ^^ i have been since they first announce him as a playable character :)

Torchik

Smash Ace
-___-* IKE will be your punching bag???! Well guess what, that fatso Wario is gonna be MY punching bag!! Ike'll own you so bad! Just try to take him on, he'll show you!!! When it comes out I'll put the smack down on you with Ike!! NO ONE INSULTS MY IKE!!!! CHYAAAA!! /endrant >__________________>

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
right when ike was anounced i was a my cousins house my friend messaged me on my myspace and he said

so hows ike

i said u go to ike i go to dakota(ike is a school abreviation for eishenhower) and at the for once i wasnt thinking about smash he said just check the update i did and i almostf s*** my pants
just read the sig

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
Well, it certainly depends on if Ike is getting a boost by February 10th. I mean, I wouldn't really want to main an utterly unplayable character.

I'll try him out, and I'm gonna either love him, or hate him :p

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
me too right now hes on the edge of being unplayable im sure they wont nerf him by the release date but as of now im gona main ike

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Bah, whatever, I'm freakin' maining Ike no matter what! Marth was my boy! Hey, you--yeah, you--you say any of that "broken" crap that nerds have hit me with, I'll stuff your sister's lipstick up your left nostril!

Now... None of the players are gonna be "unplayable." Simple as that. They're takin' extra time to ensure the game's made right. Ike's gonna be as balanced as everyone. And I know he's gonna be my Marth fix... well, probably more of a Roy fix, but whatever, close enough.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
balance i dont think is the right word
ike-powerful and slow

idk bout u but thats not balance maybe pros and cons idk

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Sure it's balance. If Ike's slow as molasses, he's got to pack some serious punch. That's balance. If he was both slow and weak, that would not be balance. If he was fast and powerful, that would not be balance either. One pro per con. One con per pro. However you look at it. All I'm sayin' is... if you can use 'im, he'll work. If a character ain't balanced, how can people use him?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
now that u put it one pro for one con way then i see but wtf am i saying idc ill be ike whether hes gay or im gay

scratch that whether......idk u get my point

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
BK is so awesome but.... i think ike fufills what BK would be unless u want an even slower character and when BK breaths he has SAF

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Ike is balanced, I saw him hit a Link who had 13% which Ike killed him in one shot. (I think it was his side B or something.) He moved across the stage horizontally spinning or something, I dunno, ask Ike mainers.

iMichael

Smash Lord
If he spun the sword over his head and slashed down, that's his f-smash. If he shot across the stage really fast it must have been a fully charged side b. ^_^
Ike's Fsmash does not make him spin his sword, but he does raise it over his head in a barbarian type way.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeah like he is going phsyco in a village sluaghtering everyone

wait ikes a hero but still the only move were ragnell is SPINING is aether
eruption ike holds it above his head the blade tworads the ground
ranger critical held across shoulder
ike uair he SPINS ragnell in a circular motion is that what ur talking bout?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I main Ike in E for All and killed everyone I faced with him. So Ike is my new main, I don't know how to place him due to me not playing all of my fav. characters.

KeasbeyNite

Smash Rookie
I prolly won't main or secondary him, but he is free for all worthy. It all depends on his speed, strength, and how he fights.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
I main Ike in E for All and killed everyone I faced with him. So Ike is my new main, I don't know how to place him due to me not playing all of my fav. characters.
Same here. I destroyed my friend's Metaknight on a regular basis on 1v1 matches. Apparently you can make Ike flow he says, xD

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I know I am! He's a really good fighter *From what I've seen and heard* lol, can't wait to try him out!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I like how you say that he "flows"
Form watching the vids, he seems to have weird patterns or canclable attacks or something. The same move looks different sometimes. Did you (Jalapeno/Viper) notice this at all? I think that flowing thing is just that. When Ike is in constant motion, he becomes effective. Almost like a moving defensive character. He waits for his chance but also attacks to create them. He doesn't move slow so the opponent has to be on guard, and the invincibility frames are actively trigering, he could be applied as one of those presuring slow characters. Like a Roy? hahaha

Chimera Reality

Smash Cadet
I'm going to pick some characters and perfect them, I'm either starting with Ike or Diddy though, then probably Mario or Meta Knight.

Ranger Critical looks epic though.

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
He won't be my main,(that goes to either my old main Pikachu or Pokemon Trainer) but he will be one of my many secondaries. And one of the most used ones, at that.

Same here. I destroyed my friend's Metaknight on a regular basis on 1v1 matches. Apparently you can make Ike flow he says, xD
Bragging about a demo? Really, some people are just so immoral.
Who exactly did you people play up there?

Did any of you play Timmy, Tommy, Gimpyfish, Hugs, Neal, Lucky, Comp, Nick, Mike Haze etc.? Did you participate in the "seperate" tournament? I never seen anyone with Ike "destroy" anyone. A majority of the people there weren't even smash bros players, just there to test out the game.
Bragging about besting someone in a game they have never played doesn't mean anything.

But tell me who you were, I might have played you and didn't know. I played Fox most of the time.

Top Bottom