• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's planning on maining Ike?

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I love Ike to death, I will be attempting to main him, but if he's no good in 1 vs 1 then I won't use him all that much. If not Ike, I'll main Dedede.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Hm...Ike seems ridiculously strong; I may make him my main. Depends on the other newcomers.

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
He'll be my main or my secondary, depending of how he does in the final version. I'll play him most of the time though.
me too ike will be my main and pit will be my secondary fo now though

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Definately going to main Ike. I plan on playing a few different characters too, but mostly Ike because sword users are kickass.
You and i seem to think the exact same way... May i suggest have Meta Knight as a second for a quick sword user... Its my plan.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I bet Ike will be better than everyone thinks when the final version comes out. My guess is that he will have more super armor, or have really good grab combos. Imagine Roy with Marth's grab combos.... Anyways my theory is that even if he is slow, maybe if he can easily combo out of grabs it will make him better.

Anyways I honestly don't know who I'm going to main. Whoever I have the most fun playing as when the game comes out.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
So far I think is the coolest second to Link so I'm thinking about maining him just to try out his style.
Still if he's gonna be this slow it will be tough becoming gr8 with him...

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I definently want to try out ike first, and if luigi is totally different in brawl I might try to main him, if I can. He was just so great in PoR, it would be so much fun to actually hack and slash with ike instead of watching him, and his aether destroy enemies.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I definently want to try out ike first, and if luigi is totally different in brawl I might try to main him, if I can. He was just so great in PoR, it would be so much fun to actually hack and slash with ike instead of watching him, and his aether destroy enemies.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
You and i seem to think the exact same way... May i suggest have Meta Knight as a second for a quick sword user... Its my plan.
That was my plan too, hahaha. But I'm definately going to main Ike, master him and try and get into the competitive scene after I feel good enough to try. If I get pawned(which in all likely events will probably happen the first few times) I'll go back home and work harder with Ike and go back.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
That was my plan too, hahaha. But I'm definately going to main Ike, master him and try and get into the competitive scene after I feel good enough to try. If I get pawned(which in all likely events will probably happen the first few times) I'll go back home and work harder with Ike and go back.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Right on the money.. My friends and i really want to go pro for Brawl.. or at least go to the competitions and see how things are. And with Ike being a main.. i will in all likely hood get harpooned and will have to go back and practice. I don't plan on leaving Ike for anything.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Judging from the videos I've seen, I might main him on free for all. I doubt that I'll be using him otherwise but I can't say for sure since I haven't tried him yet.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
I might try Ike, and main him depending on how I like him.

The only real reason I'm considering that is his unique two handed style, and when I fight with PC pipes covered in duct tape, I like the 2 handed style.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Well we all believe what they said because they were there. But we all have something we are looking forward to.... having fun with a bad a** looking character that is powerful in FFA.

Those that were at E4 all have my full respect for there opinions... but i still want to play Ike no matter what they say.. even if i can't go pro with him and can just have fun with my friends.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Well we all believe what they said because they were there. But we all have something we are looking forward to.... having fun with a bad a** looking character that is powerful in FFA.

Those that were at E4 all have my full respect for there opinions... but i still want to play Ike no matter what they say.. even if i can't go pro with him and can just have fun with my friends.
Exactly how I feel. All the dudes who went to the expo did and are doing an excellent job with the information they got.

midboss88

Smash Rookie
yea, I'll be using Ike. If he's going to be about the same as marth and roy (like a mix of the 2) then he definately has potential

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
yea, I'll be using Ike. If he's going to be about the same as marth and roy (like a mix of the 2) then he definately has potential
Ike isnt Marth and Roy, he's just Ike. His playstyle is totally different from the both of them. You're going to have to learn how to play Ike, and not think of him as Roy, or especially Marth.

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
i think ill try using ike since i'm a big fan of the FE series and brawl has a bunch of new characters that i want to test drive.

Mezna

Smash Cadet
I think I'll main Ike as well. He's slow and all, but I think people are so crazy over speed they don't see the advantages of slow strong chars. I have fun playing the waiting game( You can't stay over by the edge forever! You come here and let me cut you!). Also, I heard that Ike's counter is just as fast as Marth's, and that's instant. I'm pretty good at countering, so a good strategy I think would be being a counter-***** until they think "Oh, he's gonna counter, so I'm gonna grab!", then you just whack the crap outta them.

But that's just me...

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I need to see how he handles. As a character, he fascinates me. As a fighter, he looks graceful and powerful.

But I will need to give him a try. I will probably main with Pit AND ike. Using them evenly.

Maruku

Smash Cadet
WEST Tijuana BC Mexico(Right Next to California)
im maining ike no mather how he plays
if he is not as good as the other characters ill just have to work a little harder

i cant wait to see my friends faces or think what people online will be saying after i beat them with him

if not at least ill have him as my secondary

but no matter what im going to master him to a kickass level

BånÐy

Smash Rookie
yes Ike seems to have such brute strenghth that he'll send you flying even if u have low hp... THTS KICK ***, but anyways, once i get brawl. I'll try out every character. But I will try my best to main Ike... cuz hes cool :D

kayesel30

Smash Rookie
One of the only reasons im maining ike is his relation to fire emblem.

each character has an advantage, so ill just find his and exploit it.

I

i8waffles612

I dont know If Im going to main him. but Im definatly going to try him out.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw the update I knew I was gonna main him. Then E4All came along. Gimpy crushed my hopes with his review. I knew he'd be slow just by the update, but... ****. But, I realized I haven't played the game yet so I can't judge. So I can't even I'll main him, but he will be one of the first I try.

Top Bottom