• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's planning on maining Ike?

Uoaei

Smash Rookie
I'm planning on maining Ike.

I just loved the character from FE:poR and RD. It stayed away from the typical "good mannered lord" stereotype most of the FE lords have been following. Not to mention PoR brought quite a few nice additions to the series which I like.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
Peach & Ike & Sonic & Olimar will be my mains until there are more characters to main! [Well Peach & Ike & Olimar will stay mains forever] Confused about Sonic though!

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, Even though Ike may be slow, and his up B is basically just vertical, I'm sure I'll find some way to beat people using "Better" characters. But maybe Ike will end up as the new marth, when some technique or "glitch" is discovered. But yea, I want to main him, just because he is pretty dang cool in path or radiance, and he becomes really just a BA when you play Radiant Dawn. *Spoilers* My favorite ike moment was when he rescued Lucia btw, he just took out all those soldiers with that one strike of his sword. Also when his dad died, such emotion... *spoilers end* But yea, he's really cool, and I hope he has some cool cutscenes in subspace emissiary as well.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if i'm going to main him since I plan on maining Zelda, Link, and Snake. Though who knows, I do plan on using him. I'll be honest I never played any of his games but he looks to awesome of a character to pass up. Definitely going to give him a chance.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I had been planning to main Ike, or someone like him, ever since I had a dream that Ike would be in Super Smash a few years ago. Strange dream I suppose but he will be my main. I want to be competent with every character and be able to play my friends evenly with every character. Ike, however is going to be my Trump Card, the character that will not lose when I master him!

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I plan on using him with a few other characters.
I try and play around 3-4 character so i always have someone for any given match up.

Btw this is the first time i have posted in about a half year i think. Hello to anyone that remembers me!!!

Redragon

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
I want to main him because Fire Emblem is great, but I'm worried that he will be too heavy and nerfed because of Marth. I'll try though.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yea, i'm definately gonna play as him for something, i doubt i'll main him, but most likely for FFA's, or teams or somethin, idk.. he looks fun, i always enjoyed ganon in melee, so ike will be cool.

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
As of two days I ago, I decided Ike will be my first main. Let us all make a concentrated effort to prove that fighting games are not about the quick or the dead. We will start a revolution. Grab all they want, all we need is one good hit.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I will not be maining Ike, as my main made it into Brawl...

Okay, my main is Pikachu, there wasn't much of a chance he wouldn't be in Brawl.

However, Ike will in with my seconds (joinin the ranks of 0 Samus, Marth, Pokemon Trainer, and Meta Knight). As Roy was one of my seconds, he will be taking his spot.

P-X R4ZR

Smash Rookie
I'm not going to main him...but when I'm not busy with other characters, I will practice with him and try to find a way to make him good.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Ike as the very first char i will try out and my MAIN main :p.

Well i have many mains but its that everyone is so cool now and i cant decide :D.

KnivesOut

Smash Rookie
i played Brawl yesterday for the first time, and lemme tell ya Ike is incredibly awesome. He's INCREDIBLY strong and since Brawl is slower than Melee now anyway. His potential is incredible. One of my new Mains.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I might. I'm dodging among Ike, MK, Marth, Sonic, and maybe Snake. I just gotta try them first. ~_~ One month.

The thing is, Ike is a heavy character apparently, and I stink with characters that aren't fast.

Top Bottom