• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
I can tell I'm talking to a brick wall here. I'm not going to side with you if you don't back up your claims. You're being far too biased towards Megaman.

That's Kirby's ability, Megaman only does such a thing to robots. Sonic can stop time too, but he would not need to because he could attack Megaman before he has the time to switch suits. Megaman isn't much without the weakness to robot masters. When Megaman fights without them without their weakness, it's usually quite a harder fight.
also im not saying megaman is the strongest im just saying he would have a spot in the A rank category.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Um is marvel vs capcom cannon?

And rsf...
Is lackadaisy really being a brick wall?

The person gives logical reasons to your counter argument.

Lackadaisy clearly is non biased.

We look at abilities,skills,characteristics etc. that are cannon

Please open your mind and look at other peoples reasons and contemplate your own.

Don't be afraid to be wrong.
Seek true answers.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I'm new to the boards....

Personally I'm still hoping for the small chance that Shulk is added to the roster. I'm pretty sure he'd be S tier after playing through Xenoblade Chronicles. XD

For those already in... I know Ness is very powerful.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Um is marvel vs capcom cannon?

And rsf...
Is lackadaisy really being a brick wall?

The person gives logical reasons to your counter argument.

Lackadaisy clearly is non biased.

We look at abilities,skills,characteristics etc. that are cannon

Please open your mind and look at other peoples reasons and contemplate your own.

Don't be afraid to be wrong.
Seek true answers.
i wont lie he has good logical thoughts even so i just don't like how you guys don't put megaman in the A rank category. because even though he's not fast he is good at making strategies and he has some god like powers. because to be honest he is sonic's equal Im not saying sonic cant beat him but there are ways of megaman beating sonic. but in all honesty these are just a bunch of opinions.

i wont lie he has good logical thoughts even so i just don't like how you guys don't put megaman in the A rank category. because even though he's not fast he is good at making strategies and he has some god like powers. because to be honest he is sonic's equal Im not saying sonic cant beat him but there are ways of megaman beating sonic. but in all honesty these are just a bunch of opinions.
by the way yesmarvel vs capcom is canon

Last edited by a moderator:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
thats when he uses chameleo camo in order to not get hit. also i did my research on the time stopper and it said in the mmkb that megaman can indeed attack while using this weapon
No time stopper doesn't allow Megaman to attack. This weapon doesn't stop robot masters either. It only damages quick man. I just looked it up. Zero can use a similar ability with more success, Not megaman.

Megaman cannot stop powerful characters in time. He has never and probably won't ever defeat gods, demi gods and is not a god like individual or has godlike abilities.

Megaman has these things going for him:

A varied arsenal of useful yet limited attacks and weapons.

A stronger than human robot body that's no more sturdy than a standard car.

He can absorb abilities from defeated enemies.

Compare samus:

Samus has:

A very large amount of health. Very sturdy. Closer to a tank or better.

A large arsenal capable of shooting energy such as plasma (that's the suns core stuff), light beams (strong stuff), dark beams (creates black holes ripping space time which is godlike), annihilator beam (a composite of light and dark, what does that even MEAN!)

She has insane agility and speed. Her home planet has something like 500x earths gravity.

She has the blood of ancient mythical aliens in her. That means something I'm sure of it.

Her visors give her at least, heat vision, echo location, X-ray vision (can see ghosts), and scans opponents for info an weakness. You can't hide.

This is how much the A class outranks B class in my tier list. Megaman vs Samus.

Last edited:

Ethereal_Sin

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf easily could beat the faces in of anyone on the roster if they were in his world. This guy has killed holy deities (i.e. gods) in the Zelda universe.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Ganondorf easily could beat the faces in of anyone on the roster if they were in his world. This guy has killed holy deities (i.e. gods) in the Zelda universe.
Demise lost to link in his realm. Demise is a god. Just saying.

Rosalina wouldn't lose in his realm. She would just destroy the realm. Not much to it.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
No time stopper doesn't allow Megaman to attack. This weapon doesn't stop robot masters either. It only damages quick man. I just looked it up. Zero can use a similar ability with more success, Not megaman.

Megaman cannot stop powerful characters in time. He has never and probably won't ever defeat gods, demi gods and is not a god like individual or has godlike abilities.

Megaman has these things going for him:

A varied arsenal of useful yet limited attacks and weapons.

A stronger than human robot body that's no more sturdy than a standard car.

He can absorb abilities from defeated enemies.

Compare samus:

Samus has:

A very large amount of health. Very sturdy. Closer to a tank or better.

A large arsenal capable of shooting energy such as plasma (that's the suns core stuff), light beams (strong stuff), dark beams (creates black holes ripping space time which is godlike), annihilator beam (a composite of light and dark, what does that even MEAN!)

She has insane agility and speed. Her home planet has something like 500x earths gravity.

She has the blood of ancient mythical aliens in her. That means something I'm sure of it.

Her visors give her at least, heat vision, echo location, X-ray vision (can see ghosts), and scans opponents for info an weakness. You can't hide.

This is how much the A class outranks B class in my tier list. Megaman vs Samus.
i respect what u hav to say but i think otherwise and thats just your opinion

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
No offense, but we're not looking for opinion here. Just the closest thing to empirical fact.

Can we redirect discussion to Donkey Kong in celebration of DKCTP?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Ganon also suffers humiliating defeat at the hands of an uppity kid on the regular.

He's definitely one of the most powerful people on the roster, but not without competition.

People really need to stop attaching so much meaning to the title of "god". The actual power of a "god" varies massively from franchise to franchise, and fighting divine beings is a pretty common theme within video games, particularly Japanese ones.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Ness seems like the most logical choice. The purity that powers his psychic powers can't be messed with. Lucas would be up there too, but he is not pure as his brother completes him in many ways.

Ganondorf and Rosalina are up there too.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Ness seems like the most logical choice. The purity that powers his psychic powers can't be messed with. Lucas would be up there too, but he is not pure as his brother completes him in many ways.

Ganondorf and Rosalina are up there too.
Lucas is about as strong as Ness would be if he didn't have the Magicant boost, but since Ness does have that he is very much stronger.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So Donkey Kong, huh?

Not muuch to say about him, he's punched the moon before... there's that.
I mean, he's not going to take on someone like Ness or Mewtwo, or even Link anytime soon, he's a solid big boy in the mid tiers.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Probably Link? Just because he's so versatile and has the power of the goddesses. Opinions?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Probably Link? Just because he's so versatile and has the power of the goddesses. Opinions?
He doesn't have the power of the goddesses.
If I had a nickel for every time I groaned when I saw someone misinterpret Zelda lore...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Rosalina, Ganondorf and probably Mr. Game & Watch

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
He doesn't have the power of the goddesses.
If I had a nickel for every time I groaned when I saw someone misinterpret Zelda lore...
Haha well. I'm talking about the 3 items in Ocarina of time. If I had a dollar for every time someone said I misinterpret Zelda lore I'd have 1 dollar. Common man, you knew what I meant.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Haha well. I'm talking about the 3 items in Ocarina of time. If I had a dollar for every time someone said I misinterpret Zelda lore I'd have 1 dollar. Common man, you knew what I meant.
Even so, those items did nothing to boost Link's ANYTHING in ANY way.

josh bones

Smash Lord
I'm gonna do a thing for this thread in a while since raykz died. Remember this: Waluigi will be involved.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Even so, those items did nothing to boost Link's ANYTHING in ANY way.
He's protected with Nayru's love? Idk dude, I'm just saying what I think lol. I think those 3 items help him out quite a bit. And if not those, then lets just go with another way the goddesses help him; the golden arrows. I'm pretty sure those are pretty powerful.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
He's protected with Nayru's love? Idk dude, I'm just saying what I think lol. I think those 3 items help him out quite a bit. And if not those, then lets just go with another way the goddesses help him; the golden arrows. I'm pretty sure those are pretty powerful.
My mistake, I was thinking of something else.

Nayru's Love is indeed the best of the 3 powers he has, the other two are simply too slow to be essential in combat.
In fact, NL is one of Link's best options against higher tiered characters, with the combined force of Nayru's Love, Magic Cape, Cane of Byrna, and Magic Armor, along with Chateau Romani, Link is completely invulnerable to anything anyone can throw at him for at least three days, and if he has four bottles of Romani, then boost that up to 12 days of invulnerability.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
My mistake, I was thinking of something else.

Nayru's Love is indeed the best of the 3 powers he has, the other two are simply too slow to be essential in combat.
In fact, NL is one of Link's best options against higher tiered characters, with the combined force of Nayru's Love, Magic Cape, Cane of Byrna, and Magic Armor, along with Chateau Romani, Link is completely invulnerable to anything anyone can throw at him for at least three days, and if he has four bottles of Romani, then boost that up to 12 days of invulnerability.
Yeah that sounds about right. Great to have a conversation with someone who brought up those other points. Haha. I forgot about Chateau Romani. And that's just his defense. I always liked to think that din's fire froze time until he released it. Or maybe that's kinda dumb. Then again, who know? Good stuff, man.

D

Deleted member

snake cuz he has guns and weapons like call of duty guy so he really powerful, any agree??

:yeahboi:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I know that you can't argue with Word of God all, but Zebes having several hundred times Earth's gravity really doesn't make any sense.
You can calculate it. I may have overstated it.... I'm not in the mood for math right now but zebes is very heavy despite it's many caverns. You can look up its mass. I'll do the math later but feel free to check.
i respect what u hav to say but i think otherwise and thats just your opinion
All hail megaman! Megamans opinion is so godlike.

Opinions lie within close tiers when discussing canon power. Can mario beat luigi? Probably IMO since mario is more confident and has more experience in battles. That is opinion.

Last edited:

JediLink

Smash Ace
You can calculate it. I may have overstated it.... I'm not in the mood for math right now but zebes is very heavy despite it's many caverns. You can look up its mass. I'll do the math later but feel free to check.
I'm more referring to things like how life really wouldn't be able exist at that kind of gravity (or at least it would be very, very different), if Samus went to another planet she would be able to launch herself into orbit from one jump, Samus' ingame jump and fall speed is like 0.1% of what it should be, etc.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I'm more referring to stuff like how life really wouldn't be able exist at that kind of gravity (or at least it would be very, very different), if Samus went to another planet she would be able to launch herself into orbit from one jump, Samus' ingame jump and fall speed is like 0.1% of what it should be, etc.
Ya I dig what your saying. Let's not get crazy and just say she has great speed and agility from training, chozo blood, suit, and conditioning. That at least explains it better.

But ya zebes has crazy mass.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If Olimar is low due to height, why is Kirby so high up? Isn't he like 5 - 8 inches?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If Olimar is low due to height, why is Kirby so high up? Isn't he like 5 - 8 inches?
Kirby is nigh-invulnerable and has a Warp Star that lets him casually cruise through space. He speedblitzes everyone, and whoever survives gets hit with a multi-megaton powered punch.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Kirby is nigh-invulnerable and has a Warp Star that lets him casually cruise through space. He speedblitzes everyone, and whoever survives gets hit with a multi-megaton powered punch.
Ah ok, just wondering why he was up there. Thank you.

Top Bottom