• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
In each game Link starts off without the Triforce (And I think tends to give it up? I don't recall him ruling over Hyrule with an iron fist of godliness in the end cinematics of any game...). This implies it's not an innate part of him, and he probably shouldn't have the powers it grants available for this contest.

From the other side of things, Samus can start with her suit and weapons. Canonically, she starts at full power in some of her games. So Samus could be reasonably argued to be able to be at full power here (At least, if she's given permission).
Each Link is not the same person, therefore when discussing Link as a character, we tend to create a cumulative version of Link during these hypothetical battles. The Zelda series is a special case, clearly

If he ever makes the roster I'd say nintendog because it is the immortal husk of a god in the form of a puppy and no one can hurt a puppy.

Joking aside, my vote for the strongest character is split. It really depends on the circumstances and area. ROB in a way could be the strongest because he actually exists in our dimension and our real life is half of his cannon. Another issue is most of the characters have died, have been shown to die, or do have a weakness. If we focus on those characters who show no weakness in their respective cannon like WFT shine through. However, I am guessing you mean they are all in the same dimension and their implied status in the canon carries over (Implied status being that humanoid characters not being shown dead can die, robots need a power source, guns need bullets, etc.) In that case I would have to say it is a rock>paper>scissors effect. The villains are more powerful, but they do have the weakness of their respective hero. But that hero has many more weaknesses, just their strength overlaps their villain. So it depends on the fighting order/opponent. Pokemon trainer is a good choice because he is customizable and has access to "gods," but the trainer himself is a mere mortal. What will stop his opponent from following the play-by-play structure of a pokemon battle or for going straight for him and killing him rendering his pokemon useless? Ganondorf is near invincible except when fought by a triforce member, Samus is pretty strong but is pretty vulnerable herself.

Screw it, my vote is on R.O.B.
Game-play mechanics aside, none of the characters in Smash Bros. have ever "died", except Ganon. This is all hypothetical, so it goes by a character versus character basis. For example, Pikachu versus Wario. Pikachu has thunder abilities which can harm Wario greatly. Wario is very stong and can withstand elemental attacks. Overall, repeated thunder attacks from Pikachu would probably beat Wario. Pikachu versus Samus is another story, since Samus can be immune to electrical damage for the most part and retaliate with missiles, bombs, ice beams and so on

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so minion controllers (Pokemon Trainer, Capt Olimar) are out of the discussion forever.
This would also naturally mean that Bowser/Peachs legions and Rosalina's star things are out too.

Now, everyone recognizes multiple versions of Link exist. I think it should be a definitive version from one game and thus have access to all the powers and tools from that one game and not any else. Basically pick the Link with the highest power potential.

Things like the Master Sword, Bow n Arrow, Bombs, etc. should probably be a guarantee. I don't think he should have the united triforce due to wish granting capabilities.

Also, as for tech, we should probably agree on a certain level. I would say vehicles are out. Space animals can't use arwings, Wario can't run over people in his chopper.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
About link:

So link has the triforce that everyone claims he can use to just wish people away but this never happens. In Skyward Sword he gets the triforce before he even fights demise. Why didn't he just wish him away then? Save the time. The way I view the triforce it isn't some magical genie in a lamp it clearly only gives opportunity nothing else. It isn't as all powerful as everyone seems to "want to" beleive.

As for the master sword. Ya it's an enchanted weapon. It doesn't mean he can summon gods. He has the gods on his side and maybe some additional power not much else.... Oh ya it can seal defeated enemies. :p

About pokemon trainer:

Since picking and choosing which pokemon the trainer could have is to complicated I assume he only has the ones he has in brawl. It keeps it simple as well as avoids a double Mewtwo scenario.

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
We can't use "move opponent away" as an argument to win a fight.

You're putting a large distance between you and your opponent, so large that you can no longer interact with him.
In other words, you've ran away/retreated.

I would say that counts as a forfeit.

Another reason why Sandbag is the right answer.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Game-play mechanics aside, none of the characters in Smash Bros. have ever "died", except Ganon. This is all hypothetical, so it goes by a character versus character basis. For example, Pikachu versus Wario. Pikachu has thunder abilities which can harm Wario greatly. Wario is very stong and can withstand elemental attacks. Overall, repeated thunder attacks from Pikachu would probably beat Wario. Pikachu versus Samus is another story, since Samus can be immune to electrical damage for the most part and retaliate with missiles, bombs, ice beams and so on
Each Link is a reincarnation so the previous link had to have died (and thus zelda) as well as the timeline confirms that link can fail/die. (Plus skyward sword I think has you fight the ghost of the hero of time? I am not completely sure though so don't quote me on that.) The Pikmin die. Pokemon die since the games feature pokemon graveyards. Lumas die. Also if you count the gameplay mechanics as deaths than many characters die (That would be part of canon to see them die on screen.)

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
We can't use "move opponent away" as an argument to win a fight.

You're putting a large distance between you and your opponent, so large that you can no longer interact with him.
In other words, you've ran away/retreated.

I would say that counts as a forfeit.

Another reason why Sandbag is the right answer.
Is it even alive? It has eyes but never moves. So technically it can be dropped in a volcano or something.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Is it even alive? It has eyes but never moves. So technically it can be dropped in a volcano or something.
It gets back up after being on the ground for a while in Brawl, so it does move. Even if it didn't that doesn't mean it isn't alive.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Trophies declare it sentient.

Not only can he not die, his Brawl trophy says he even enjoys being beaten up. Dropping him into a volcano would just make him feel really good all the time whilst at the same time making it even harder to fight him.

If he doesn't show a scratch from flamethrowers, point blank explosives, Falcon Punch, lasers, etc. I don't think lava is going to do it.
In SSB4, I doubt Rosalina would be able to destroy him with that black hole under her dress. Thus, we can assume ripping him apart on a molecular level doesn't work either.

That's what's fantastic about Mr. Sandbag. Smash Bros itself is his canon. He has no other games to find weaknesses from.

In the one series Mr. Sandbag is in, he's an indestructible, immortal masochist.

He is the strongest character in Smash Bros.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I think the problem with actually trying to exactly rank in an exact order who wins against who is to difficult just separate them into ranks and assume that ranks can only beat lower ranks and potentially beat by slim margin, luck, or tie.

Posts tier list again for all to see:

Rosalina

A+:
Sonic
Marth
Mewtwo

A:
Samus
Ganondorf
Pit
Ness

B:
Link
Zelda
Megaman
Kirby
Meta knight
Lucario
Bowser
Pikachu

C:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Wario
C.falcon
Dedede
DK
Snake

C:
wii fit trainer
Diddy
Peach
Villager
Olimar
ROB
Ice climber
G&W

Loose quote:
Them: "But MEGAMAN! HE can like stop time and has an ultra form and can do MEGA stuff."

Me:
"No he can't..... Silly"

Them:
"It's all opinions. I don't care anymore!"

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
It gets back up after being on the ground for a while in Brawl, so it does move. Even if it didn't that doesn't mean it isn't alive.
Holy crap, I didn't even know he could move.

There you go. Now he's slowly murdering you with repeated head butts. Anyone who isn't immortal is entering the fate of being slowly bludgeoned to death over the course of several weeks. Never being able to sleep. Once you black out from exhaustion he's still there, nudging you.

Forever.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Trophies declare it sentient.

Not only can he not die, his Brawl trophy says he even enjoys being beaten up. Dropping him into a volcano would just make him feel really good all the time whilst at the same time making it even harder to fight him.

If he doesn't show a scratch from flamethrowers, point blank explosives, Falcon Punch, lasers, etc. I don't think lava is going to do it.
In SSB4, I doubt Rosalina would be able to destroy him with that black hole under her dress. Thus, we can assume ripping him apart on a molecular level doesn't work either.

That's what's fantastic about Mr. Sandbag. Smash Bros itself is his canon. He has no other games to find weaknesses from.

In the one series Mr. Sandbag is in, he's an indestructible, immortal masochist.

He is the strongest character in Smash Bros.
Dude you can only make this assumption when you state that Rosalina cannot use her Luma, removing someone from battle isn't considered a win, and something with no power what so ever is suddenly godlike. Rosalina has clear and direct control of Luna's and they are a part of her immediate arsenal. As an entity she has the power to remove sandbag from existence

If your going to make up arbitrary rules I'm going to say ties don't count as a win therefore sandbag may never win. Sandbag is bottom tier.

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Although you didn't finish your post, I'll say this.

1) Someone shot down Pokemon Trainer as even something to be discussed because he derives his power from other sentient beings. Thus, all sentient being use should be cut. That means Bowser, King Dedede, Marth, etc. can't use forces under their command in this fight. Luma and Pikmin count as sentient, commanded units. Thus, they would be ignored for this discussion.

Take it up with the other guy if you want Rosalina to use her Lumas. Not like it would matter vs Sandbag.

Even then, it's not like Rosalina derives her power from Luma. Wait, does she?

2) Again, removing someone from the battle is not a win. How could it be? You're essentially saying that someone who runs from a fight wins it. It's the same principle. You're not defeating your opponent, you're avoiding your opponent.

You can't claim you're stronger than someone if you never face them in the first place.

3) How does Mr. Sandbag have no power? He's indestructible. Time has no effect on him. He needs neither sleep nor sustenance. Pain is turned into pleasure. He can move.

Edit: Since when could Rosalina remove beings from existence? Is that actually something that happens ever? This is the same chick that got her **** ****ed with by Bowser?

Also, she's clearly very human emotionally. As in she has likes and dislikes and passions. I don't think she would want to spend ages trying to destroy something she can't.
As for non-immortals, the fight wouldn't go on for eternity because Sandbag would gently tap them to death or just allow time to do its thing. One way or another, they would fall to injury/starvation/dehydration/depression. Or just run away/trap Sandbag. But that still isn't winning.

Also, a draw in fighting implies a simultaneous KO. Both characters not being able to destroy each other isn't a draw. That's just a fight that's impossible to finish unless one of them forfeits.

And it isn't going to be Mr. Sandbag. He lives for pain. He has all the time in the world. You're doing him a favor, honestly.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Although you didn't finish your post, I'll say this.

1) Someone shot down Pokemon Trainer as even something to be discussed because he derives his power from other sentient beings. Thus, all sentient being use should be cut. That means Bowser, King Dedede, Marth, etc. can't use forces under their command in this fight. Luma and Pikmin count as sentient, commanded units. Thus, they would be ignored for this discussion.

Take it up with the other guy if you want Rosalina to use her Lumas. Not like it would matter vs Sandbag.

Even then, it's not like Rosalina derives her power from Luma. Wait, does she?

2) Again, removing someone from the battle is not a win. How could it be? You're essentially saying that someone who runs from a fight wins it. It's the same principle. You're not defeating your opponent, you're avoiding your opponent.

You can't claim you're stronger than someone if you never face them in the first place.

3) How does Mr. Sandbag have no power? He's indestructible. Time has no effect on him. He needs neither sleep nor sustenance. Pain is turned into pleasure. He can move.
1: Rosalina is a godlike entity. She can create black holes. Sandbag cannot survive this. He would no longer be in existence.

2: There is a big difference between an army of whatever (bowser) an immediate companions or summons (Rosalina and olimar). "Some guy" seems to have gotten ahead of himself. Pokemon trainer has the same pokemon as in brawl and no more for the sake of ease and avoidance of a double Mewtwo.

3: I'm not talking about running away. I'm talking about removing an opponent from a fight. Take sandbag and put him on the ocean floor. He doesn't do anything.

4: if sandbag was indestructible why does he appear damaged during little macs intro video? He is patched up meaning he is in fact destructible.

5: Not being able to die is also not a win. So what if sandbag can nudge someone? Samus will just push him over and walk away. She wouldn't notice and it definitely would not do damage to her..... Ever. Yay sandbag your so hardcore.

Tie does not equal win, sandbag is clearly destructible, Rosalina can remove him from existence, running away is not equal to removing an opponent from battle.

Last edited:

salaboB

Smash Champion
Tie does not equal win, sandbag is clearly destructible, Rosalina can remove him from existence, running away is not equal to removing an opponent from battle.
Everything I've learned in video games says banished != destroyed, and is more of a temporary victory at best.

That being said, I'm not sure Sandbag really counts as a character for this discussion. I just can't stop laughing at the picture of it endlessly nudging someone.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Ignoring the Sandbag discussion...

Assuming the characters get some of their usual equipment, would that mean Olimar gets the S.S. Dolphin, which can fly around at hyper speed or whatever, and can BLOW UP STARS?! Since stars aren't like scaled down in the Pikmin universe, that would mean that Olimar could blow up real-world stars, and I'm pretty sure a fast, small ship with the power to blow up stars can take out quite a few of the Smash characters. I dunno, maybe it's just my inner Pikmin fanboyism defending poor Olimar, but it's seriously a viable argument.:estatic:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Everything I've learned in video games says banished != destroyed, and is more of a temporary victory at best.

That being said, I'm not sure Sandbag really counts as a character for this discussion. I just can't stop laughing at the picture of it endlessly nudging someone.
So link never beats demise/Ganondorf?

Did you here that Link-ophiles! He is calling you out! Lol.

Also yes sandbags nudge is funny.

Check this:
WARNING!!!!! Spoilers for SM Galaxy!!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cRSmyTlg5UQ

By remove from existence I'm not talking about sending him to another dimension or whatever.... I mean making sure his particles and matter are no longer a part of any reality that's defeat at its ultimate.

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
1: Rosalina is a godlike entity. She can create black holes. Sandbag cannot survive this. He would no longer be in existence.

2: There is a big difference between an army of whatever (bowser) an immediate companions or summons (Rosalina and olimar). "Some guy" seems to have gotten ahead of himself. Pokemon trainer has the same pokemon as in brawl and no more for the sake of ease and avoidance of a double Mewtwo.

3: I'm not talking about running away. I'm talking about removing an opponent from a fight. Take sandbag and put him on the ocean floor. He doesn't do anything.

4: if sandbag was indestructible why does he appear damaged during little macs intro video? He is patched up meaning he is in fact destructible.

5: Not being able to die is also not a win. So what if sandbag can nudge someone? Samus will just push him over and walk away. She wouldn't notice and it definitely would not do damage to her..... Ever. Yay sandbag your so hardcore.
1) She creates a black hole with her aerial in SSB4, right? Well, I'm going to bet that SSB4 has homerun contest. And that she can use that ability on Sandbag and it won't murder him. Thus, Sandbag would be able to survive black holes.

2) It doesn't make a lost of sense to restrict Pokemon Trainer to the ones he has available in Brawl. Wouldn't that mean you would have to restrict everyone else to what they could do in Brawl?

But fine: Let it be set that Pkm Trainer can only use Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. Squirtle and Ivysaur have access to hydro cannon and frenzy plant respectively.

3) I've said twice now that moving someone away from you does not count as defeating them in a fight.
Putting a massive distance between you and your opponent is the same thing as running away from the fight. You did not win, you defeated nothing. The same outcome would of been achieved if you didn't show up at all.
This is forfeiting the fight.

4) We have no way to tell that it's actually patching a hole. Someone could of just put that on him. We don't actually ever see Sandbag being torn in the video. If you want to get super technical, you can see that it isn't even covering the area Mac punched him in (below the eyes).

5) Right back to #3.

Avoiding him isn't winning. Sandbag is still perfectly capable of fighting, even if it is by just existing/nudging. Yes, Samus could easily live out the rest of her life perfectly fine with some Sandbag gunning for her. But that's the thing, eventually she dies of age or whatever without defeating Sandbag.

But then she loses by no longer being able to fight due to death.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Wait, in that video does she remove matter from existence or cause that star to super-nova?

Different things.

Edit: Oh, and I've already said we should deny vehicles. I don't think Olimar should get the Dolphin. But he does get an army of Pikmin restricted only by how much he can harvest.

I imagine he's also pretty hard to kill on account of being so small.

But yeah, no vehicles. Space animals can't use the Great Fox, Meta Knight can't use Halberd, and Bowser can't use Mecha Bowser or whatever crazy clown crap he's got.

As for Ganandorf and Link, isn't it reincarnation? If it's not for Ganon, then no, Link is only delaying. His incarnations are winning the battles, not the war. Pretty sure it's the reason Ganon is placed so high up.
I suppose this is an expression of the duality of nature. Without darkness there is no light, without chaos there is no order.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Each Link is a reincarnation so the previous link had to have died (and thus zelda) as well as the timeline confirms that link can fail/die. (Plus skyward sword I think has you fight the ghost of the hero of time? I am not completely sure though so don't quote me on that.) The Pikmin die. Pokemon die since the games feature pokemon graveyards. Lumas die. Also if you count the gameplay mechanics as deaths than many characters die (That would be part of canon to see them die on screen.)
You are arguing with me on a technicality. Zelda is a special series, I already said that. All of your examples are really grasping for straws to be honest. You keep citing that the hero characters die when the player gets a game over but that is a game-play mechanic. You haven't really said much to discredit my argument

I think the problem with actually trying to exactly rank in an exact order who wins against who is to difficult just separate them into ranks and assume that ranks can only beat lower ranks and potentially beat by slim margin, luck, or tie.

Posts tier list again for all to see:

Rosalina

A+:
Sonic
Marth
Mewtwo

A:
Samus
Ganondorf
Pit
Ness

B:
Link
Zelda
Megaman
Kirby
Meta knight
Lucario
Bowser
Pikachu

C:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Wario
C.falcon
Dedede
DK
Snake

C:
wii fit trainer
Diddy
Peach
Villager
Olimar
ROB
Ice climber
G&W

Loose quote:
Them: "But MEGAMAN! HE can like stop time and has an ultra form and can do MEGA stuff."

Me:
"No he can't..... Silly"

Them:
"It's all opinions. I don't care anymore!"
Marth should be be that high at all. That's wishful thinking from a Fire Emblem enthusiast. Also, Sonic as the top character? Only a die-hard Sonic fan-boy would do such a thing. Ganon, Mewtwo and Samus could take Sonic even at his best. To each his own I suppose

1) She creates a black hole with her aerial in SSB4, right? Well, I'm going to bet that SSB4 has homerun contest. And that she can use that ability on Sandbag and it won't murder him. Thus, Sandbag would be able to survive black holes.

2) It doesn't make a lost of sense to restrict Pokemon Trainer to the ones he has available in Brawl. Wouldn't that mean you would have to restrict everyone else to what they could do in Brawl?

But fine: Let it be set that Pkm Trainer can only use Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. Squirtle and Ivysaur have access to hydro cannon and frenzy plant respectively.

3) I've said twice now that moving someone away from you does not count as defeating them in a fight.
Putting a massive distance between you and your opponent is the same thing as running away from the fight. You did not win, you defeated nothing. The same outcome would of been achieved if you didn't show up at all.

4) We have no way to tell that it's actually patching a hole. Someone could of just put that on him. We don't actually ever see Sandbag being torn in the video. If you want to get super technical, you can see that it isn't even covering the area Mac punched him in (below the eyes).

5) Right back to #3.

Avoiding him isn't winning. Sandbag is still perfectly capable of fighting, even if it is by just existing/nudging. Yes, Samus could easily live out the rest of her life perfectly fine with some Sandbag gunning for her. But that's the thing, eventually she dies of age or whatever without defeating Sandbag.

If people are actually arguing for Sandbag, then its clear to me they have no concept whatsoever of game-play mechanics. Its almost juvenille

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace

5) Right back to #3.

Running is not the same as removing an opponent from battle. Your making a point if how they are so similar but the concept is very different. You run because you fear for your life. You remove from battle because your clearly more able than your opponent.

Yes just make up some stuff about how sandbag isn't damaged even though he clearly is in the Mac trailer.

Rosalina literally can create a black hole:

Super nova is a star that collapses and becomes a black hole. Please jump around the scenario some more.

Would you please read the rest I the thread before making comments.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
"Melee
Sandbag exists for one reason only: to get smashed in the Home-Run Contest. Pound on Sandbag as much as possible in the time allotted, then swing for the fences as you compete for the longest home run of all time. Getting hit doesn't hurt Sandbag at all. As a matter of fact, it loves to see players wind up and let loose.

Brawl
An item that appears in the Home-Run Contest, where the goal is to do lots of damage to Sandbag, then send it flying as far as you can. It also appears in the regular game. If you smash it, a storm of confetti and items will burst out. Sandbag doesn't feel pain, though; in fact, it's happy to be of service."

No where does it say sandbag can't be destroyed or that he is invulnerable. He just can't feel pain.

Super sonic has invulnerability, teleportation, and insane speed. He can take just about everybody.

Marth has the falchion which grants him invulnerability to all damage but dragon attacks. He also has amazing healing.

You guys need to read the rest of the thread.

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
"Melee
Sandbag exists for one reason only: to get smashed in the Home-Run Contest. Pound on Sandbag as much as possible in the time allotted, then swing for the fences as you compete for the longest home run of all time. Getting hit doesn't hurt Sandbag at all. As a matter of fact, it loves to see players wind up and let loose.

Brawl
An item that appears in the Home-Run Contest, where the goal is to do lots of damage to Sandbag, then send it flying as far as you can. It also appears in the regular game. If you smash it, a storm of confetti and items will burst out. Sandbag doesn't feel pain, though; in fact, it's happy to be of service."

No where does it say sandbag can't be destroyed or that he is invulnerable. He just can't feel pain.

Super sonic has invulnerability, teleportation, and insane speed. He can take just about everybody.

Marth has the falchion which grants him invulnerability to all damage but dragon attacks. He also has amazing healing.

You guys need to read the rest of the thread.
> Getting hit doesn't hurt Sandbag at all.

It could be interpreted as both "can't feel pain" and "can't take damage". I don't think we have enough to conclude either of them :\

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Running is not the same as removing an opponent from battle. Your making a point if how they are so similar but the concept is very different. You run because you fear for your life. You remove from battle because your clearly more able than your opponent.

Yes just make up some stuff about how sandbag isn't damaged even though he clearly is in the Mac trailer.

Rosalina literally can create a black hole:

Super nova is a star that collapses and becomes a black hole. Please jump around the scenario some more.

Would you please read the rest I the thread before making comments.
A super nova is a stellar explosion that blasts out much of the stars material in a shock wave that collects debris, leaving behind a supernova remnant.
The core of the star collapses onto itself, creating a black hole or a neutron star.

Again, different than just forming a black hole.

Also, no, the concept is not different at all. You can't just say trapping or removing someone is never done out of fear while running is. What, do you think people that call the police to remove a threat aren't scared?
Emotion has nothing to do with the concept. The core concept is threat removal via distance. You can do this by running, or you can do this by sending him away. Disabling his motion via trap or snare would also count.

This isn't something difficult to understand.

Also, where do I make up stuff about Sandbag not being damaged? Point to me in the video where we see a hole get put in Sandbag. No? It's not there? The massive punch Mac delivers clearly doesn't break him? You can't see if the glass did it?
The cloth isn't enough. They don't actually show the wound being inflicted. You're the one making stuff up by inferring that it's a patch for a wound.
I understand your confusion. Yes, a sandbag with a patch on it in a boxing weight room. It clearly doesn't take a Detective to have an idea how that happened.
But since it isn't actually witnessed, you can't say that it happened. For all you know, it could just be cloth that someone put on Sandbag.

Again, I'm assuming Sandbags invulnerability to black holes anyway. We'll find out in SSB4.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
> Getting hit doesn't hurt Sandbag at all.

It could be interpreted as both "can't feel pain" and "can't take damage". I don't think we have enough to conclude either of them :\
Getting hit doesn't hurt sandbag ok fine. Getting melted in lava? Yeah..... I bet it does.

He is literally just a bag filled with sand thus he is "SandBag". Anything that can damage a bag of sand will damage him.

Solid argument.

Immunity to black holes huh? Gotta really stretch to rectify that one in your own mind. Lol. The sandbag argument is getting to be more of a joke as time goes on. Patches for no reason yeah I guess little mac and doc thought it would be cool to patch him up for no reason. Your right it doesn't take a detective. 2+2 does not equal 4 because you didn't see it.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
You are arguing with me on a technicality. Zelda is a special series, I already said that. All of your examples are really grasping for straws to be honest. You keep citing that the hero characters die when the player gets a game over but that is a game-play mechanic. You haven't really said much to discredit my argument
Wouldn't a boss being defeated in a end-of-the-game boss battle be similar to a game-play mechanic because it is your goal and your end point similar to how a death is a game over? This whole thread is basically grasping for straws and speculation because we are splicing 'canon' with a non canon event and speculating the end result. It is all for fun so I am going to have to disagree with you especially since zelda has the "hero dies" timeline, Mario features the "Underwhere" (The land of game-overs), etc. You do make a good point though that these might be seen by some as not being deaths since, for example, in mario you do regenerate so it is more like an injury than a death unless you run out of lives.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Regular Sonic, no, but Super Sonic would easily destroy Samus, and would probably beat Ganondorf and Mewtwo as well.
Thank The Lord of the smash bros threads someone who gets it.

More sandbag: It never states he does not age either.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's funny how everyone keeps forgetting that in the Super Mario Galaxy series Rosalina was attacked by Bowser and had all the power sucked from her Comet Observatory. If she's so almighty and powerful, why did she need Mario to stop Bowser and regain the Power Stars?

If Bowser's so powerful, why is he always beaten by Mario?

The heroes of these games beat up characters with unbelievable cosmic power. Wario has defeated GODS numerous times.

How can you properly judge who is the strongest?

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Regular Sonic, no, but Super Sonic would easily destroy Samus, and would probably beat Ganondorf and Mewtwo as well.
No. Wishful thinking from a Sonic enthusiast. I don't care what Sega put in its games, he isn't that powerful. Especially when Ganon is ALL POWERFUL. That's means he could turn Sonic to jelly by thinking about it

kataridragon

Smash Ace
No. Wishful thinking from a Sonic enthusiast. I don't care what Sega put in its games, he isn't that powerful. Especially when Ganon is ALL POWERFUL. That's means he could turn Sonic to jelly by thinking about it
Please link us to where Ganondorf has the power of telekinesis. Particularly telekinesis strong enough to change matter. Im eager to see where this information comes from.

Either that or your just making things up.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Getting hit doesn't hurt sandbag ok fine. Getting melted in lava? Yeah..... I bet it does.

He is literally just a bag filled with sand thus he is "SandBag". Anything that can damage a bag of sand will damage him.

Solid argument.

Immunity to black holes huh? Gotta really stretch to rectify that one in your own mind. Lol. The sandbag argument is getting to be more of a joke as time goes on. Patches for no reason yeah I guess little mac and doc thought it would be cool to patch him up for no reason. Your right it doesn't take a detective. 2+2 does not equal 4 because you didn't see it.
I dunno, man xD You're making too many assumptions! Nowhere is it said that Sandbag actually IS a bag of sand. That's just what he's called. I mean, he's already withstood much more than a regular sandbag possibly could without taking any damage whatsoever.

And yeah, he could be immune to black holes, for all we know. This is Smash, after all... you can't possibly argue using real world physics.

And I'm pretty sure this Sandbag argument was a joke to begin with lol.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I dunno, man xD You're making too many assumptions! Nowhere is it said that Sandbag actually IS a bag of sand. That's just what he's called. I mean, he's already withstood much more than a regular sandbag possibly could without taking any damage whatsoever.

And yeah, he could be immune to black holes, for all we know. This is Smash, after all... you can't possibly argue using real world physics.

And I'm pretty sure this Sandbag argument was a joke to begin with lol.
Good point. The whole bag of sand thing is a bit moot.

Here is what we know about sandbag:

Sandbag doesnt feel pain.
Sandbag has appeared as damaged.
He can nudge and move.

Non of these are assumptions.

If he had not been damaged I might have consceded to the argument but its just not there in terms of substance to say he is immortal and invulnerable.

Invulnerability is pretty much disproven.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Good point. The whole bag of sand thing is a bit moot.

Here is what we know about sandbag:

Sandbag doesnt feel pain.
Sandbag has appeared as damaged.
He can nudge and move.

Non of these are assumptions.

If he had not been damaged I might have consceded to the argument but its just not there in terms of substance to say he is immortal and invulnerable.

Invulnerability is pretty much disproven.
Now this is certainly nitpicking, but the only point of contention left imo is the whole bandage thing. It's been through pretty much everything anyone could throw at him and survived completely unscathed, yet could get damaged by Little Mac's training regimen? This means one of three things: (1) Sandbag is not invulnerable, (2) Sandbag is invulnerable and the patch was included for aesthetic reasons only, or (3) the sandbag in the trailer was only a sandbag that shares Sandbag's appearance.

Frankly, I don't know. I'm leaning heavily towards 2 or 3, but.. *shrug*

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Now this is certainly nitpicking, but the only point of contention left imo is the whole bandage thing. It's been through pretty much everything anyone could throw at him and survived completely unscathed, yet could get damaged by Little Mac's training regimen? This means one of three things: (1) Sandbag is not invulnerable, (2) Sandbag is invulnerable and the patch was included for aesthetic reasons only, or (3) the sandbag in the trailer was only a sandbag that shares Sandbag's appearance.

Yet I am not sure if these trailers are smash canon. I would say the trailers are outside smash canon and only in game cutscenes are canon?

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Please link us to where Ganondorf has the power of telekinesis. Particularly telekinesis strong enough to change matter. Im eager to see where this information comes from.

Either that or your just making things up.
Omnipotence. Look up the definition

To be more specific, power equaling the Gods

In Zelda canon, the Gods are unable to interfere with fate but they can influence it. Thus, Link

Link acts as a Deus Ex Machina, a plot device created to resolve an otherwise unsolvable conflict

Therefore, Ganon cannot be defeated by anything except Link, who is able to use his power against him

Ganon is defeated and the story concludes with a happy ending

"It is said only Link can defeat Ganon"

...I'm sorry to have quoted such an abomination of a game, I'll shut-up now

Wow, its a game-play mechanic people. Game-play mechanic. It is not canon. Sandbag is a sandbag. A plain ordinary Sandbag. Are you going to argue that there are multiple Sandbags that exist since we can have multiple Sandbags on-screen at the same time? Get real folks

DId anyone see my post?
C. Falcon would win by running Mac over with his Blue Falcon

~

I'm not being serious

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think It is possible for Samus to hurt Ganondorf with the Light Beam, i mean in Zelda games some of Ganon's weakness was light powered weapons.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Omnipotence. Look up the definition

Wow, its a game-play mechanic people. Game-play mechanic. It is not canon. Sandbag is a sandbag. A plain ordinary Sandbag. Are you going to argue that there are multiple Sandbags that exist since we can have multiple Sandbags on-screen at the same time? Get real folks
In the trophy description, Sandbag is sentient and cannot be hurt. He is totally not a regular sandbag.

Top Bottom