• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The strongest would likely be between Mewtwo, Ganon and Sonic. Who said that Mewtwo would actually have to kill Ganon? He has the capability of making him imobile, for example, he could teleport him to space where ganon would immediately freeze.

I'm not sure how Mewtwo locks on to a target, but assuming he's able to use his powers on Sonic- Sonic would lose no matter if he was Super Sonic or not.
Mewtwo cannot target evil beings. Physic power has no effect on dark minds. Mewtwo can be captured in a pokeball.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Cool fun thread but its just like people debating super heros...lol.who is faster flash or superman.

Nice to read though

View attachment 7836
It seems like the stronger the characters are cannonically, the worse they are in the game xD

(Ganondorf, Ness, Mewtwo (in Melee), Samus (in Brawl), Kirby)
I was just thinking that......RealTalk.....

Intresting though...like how would they make Psychic chars strong in smash like high power level or damaging atleast? Aside from grabs...like i know zelda mewtwo and ness have strong grabs but face it....thats dry.....speed just seems to dominate all...i really hope that changes this Smash
ultra strong projectiles? Barriers?

More problems?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That's true, but Giygas is on a whole other level of power than anybody in Smash Bros. His power is incomprehensible to human minds.
Ding ding ding!

The key word is human. Mewtwo isn't human. His mind operates on levels that we can't even comprehend, hell, that maybe even GIYGAS can't comprehend. Giygas is godlike in power, but so are Ganon and Mewtwo.

Also, for the record, I think it's rather unfair that we give Sonic the Chaos Emeralds and no one else cataclysmically powerful objects. If Sonic has to turn into Super Sonic to win, I think it's fair to say that Sonic would lose. By Super Sonic logic, we could just say that any time Ganon was about to lose, he would just wish upon the Triforce that his opponent was dead or in an alternate dimension made entirely of poop.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo cannot target evil beings. Physic power has no effect on dark minds. Mewtwo can be captured in a pokeball.
If we're talking about canon Mewtwo, a.k.a. Mewtwo from the anime, then he can't be captured with a pokeball. Who says Mewtwo can't target evil beings? Do you mean he can't attack Dark type pokemon?

Mewtwo's powers aren't limited to pshycic moves. He can use hyper beam and other super moves. Anime Mewtwo wasn't fairly designed in my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ding ding ding!

The key word is human. Mewtwo isn't human. His mind operates on levels that we can't even comprehend, hell, that maybe even GIYGAS can't comprehend. Giygas is godlike in power, but so are Ganon and Mewtwo.

Also, for the record, I think it's rather unfair that we give Sonic the Chaos Emeralds and no one else cataclysmically powerful objects. If Sonic has to turn into Super Sonic to win, I think it's fair to say that Sonic would lose. By Super Sonic logic, we could just say that any time Ganon was about to lose, he would just wish upon the Triforce that his opponent was dead or in an alternate dimension made entirely of poop.
Chaos emeralds are just as much in Sonic's arsenal as the master sword is in Links

Edit: or the triforce

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Ding ding ding!

Also, for the record, I think it's rather unfair that we give Sonic the Chaos Emeralds and no one else cataclysmically powerful objects. If Sonic has to turn into Super Sonic to win, I think it's fair to say that Sonic would lose.
I honestly would say it's a stretch to say Mewtwo and Ganon are in the same realm as Giygas. Giygas has the capability of destroying the universe, something neither Mewtwo nor Ganon can do.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Dark-Type Pokemon ≠ Evil. Dark-Type Pokemon are not evil, they are simply Dark-Type, and are just as capable of being caring and kind as any other Pokemon. Unless Ganon was a Pokemon, and also Dark-Type, type match-ups do not apply.

Seriously, trying to bring in Pokemon logic is stupid. If you're going to do that, then Mewtwo can also use every single element besides Dragon and burn, freeze, electrocute, and poison his enemies all at once.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If we're talking about canon Mewtwo, a.k.a. Mewtwo from the anime, then he can't be captured with a pokeball. Who says Mewtwo can't target evil beings? Do you mean he can't attack Dark type pokemon?

Mewtwo's powers aren't limited to pshycic moves. He can use hyper beam and other super moves. Anime Mewtwo wasn't fairly designed in my opinion.
The point is that Mewtwo's psychic abilities would not work on Ganondorf. He wouldn't be able to erase his mind or to throw him with telekinesis. That takes away a big portion of Mewtwo's strategy.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Exactly this. He can use aura sphere which is super effective against dark types. But I'm not sure how well Pokemon logic translates here.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dark-Type Pokemon ≠ Evil. Dark-Type Pokemon are not evil, they are simply Dark-Type, and are just as capable of being caring and kind as any other Pokemon. Unless Ganon was a Pokemon, and also Dark-Type, type match-ups do not apply.
That is the thing about blending worlds. If for instance, Bowser's fire breath can severly damage Ivysaur because it is a fire move, then Ganondorf being Evil Incarnate counts as being a dark element. And I think the Japanese word for Dark pokemon is evil.

josh bones

Smash Lord
I am going to anylyze ceartain matchups.
First,
:mario64: vs:mewtwopm:: Mario has invincibility and all of his power ups, while mewtwo could potentially steal them, or brainwash Mario. However, Mewtwo's psychic powers is what gives him the win. Thank you.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
The point is that Mewtwo's psychic abilities would not work on Ganondorf. He wouldn't be able to erase his mind or to throw him with telekinesis. That takes away a big portion of Mewtwo's strategy.
Ganon is immune to everything but the Master Sword and light apparently but who's to say he can't be sealed away or teleported away- its not damaging to him- its removing him from the fight.

So lets say Ganon immune to all skills and powers. Well in that same regard, Mewtwo would never get hit by Ganon. Mewtwo can teleport, fly very fast and use multitudes of damage mitigation/deflection skills. <--- in this scenario nobody wins.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Okay what does Rosalina offer? I mean she did cause the Big Bang in super Mario galaxy and can create galaxy's in smash 4( smash 4 is not cannon tho)

Also anyone here knows what mewtwos I.Q is? I know alakazams is pretty high in the Pokemon world. Slowpoke is pretty smart too.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm seeing lots of the same names here. I'd like to see some reasons as to why lesser characters are where they stand in the list (Villager, Jigglypuff, WFT, etc.)

josh bones

Smash Lord
I'm seeing lots of the same names here. I'd like to see some reasons as to why lesser characters are where they stand in the list (Villager, Jigglypuff, WFT, etc.)
Villager is a regular person, wii fit trainer is a physically fit person which puts her a few spots highter, and jigglypuff is a joke.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ganon is immune to everything but the Master Sword and light apparently but who's to say he can't be sealed away or teleported away- its not damaging to him- its removing him from the fight.

So lets say Ganon immune to all skills and powers. Well in that same regard, Mewtwo would never get hit by Ganon. Mewtwo can teleport, fly very fast and use multitudes of damage mitigation/deflection skills. <--- in this scenario nobody wins.
Ganondorf is also a schemer. He is power hungry. He does his homework. He hunts down relics, sages, and creates complex plans to take over kingdoms and worlds. Has Mewtwo taken over a world? Ganondorf has taken over several.

Mewtwo is filled with anger. He was abandoned, he is an outcast. While he certainly is gifted in intelligence, I do feel that his rage clouds his judgement.

I will acknowledge that Ness, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo are probably the top three. I think that Ganondorf's cunning mind can put him over the edge.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Next matchup.
:dk64: vs :roypm:
Roy has fire can burn dk's fur off, but DK PUNCHED THE FREAKING MOON. DK's brute strength gives him and edge over our boy.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You're wrong. If you saw the movie where Mewtwo was introduced you'd know that he can't be controlled. The animation is canon.
Origins.

Pokemon just has to many conflicts and inconsistencies within canon, as the video game is also canon and Mewtwo can be controlled there as well. Or it just adds to the fact that there is more then one Mewtwo.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Next matchup.
:dk64: vs :roypm:
Roy has fire can burn dk's fur off, but DK PUNCHED THE FREAKING MOON. DK's brute strength gives him and edge over our boy.
I know that the Donkey Kong games are cartoony and silly, but punching a moon makes him roughly have the same strength as Goku from the beginning of DBZ, which is ridiculous AND canon.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Origins.

Pokemon just has to many conflicts and inconsistencies within canon, as the video game is also canon and Mewtwo can be controlled there as well. Or it just adds to the fact that there is more then one Mewtwo.
You do indeed make a point. I never saw this series- but that certainly changes things.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know that the Donkey Kong games are cartoony and silly, but punching a moon makes him roughly have the same strength as Goku from the beginning of DBZ, which is ridiculous AND canon.
Destroying the moon and moving it are two very different strengths

Donkey Kong is canonically a lot more powerful than Goku. He's strong enough to overpower gravity

josh bones

Smash Lord
Next matchup!
:linkmelee:vs:zelda:
Hmmm, this is hard, but realistically link would never hurt Zelda, so I consider this a Zelda win cuz MAGIC.
....Or a tie.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Goku at the start of DBZ had no such strength. SSJ3 goku could MAYBE break the moon with a punch. Less than 1000 pwrlvl goku could probably create a large pot hole in the ground.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Hm I wonder why pit serves palutena when he is proven to be stronger than her even without the great sacred treasure.
Love interest?

josh bones

Smash Lord
Hopefully I get more feedback
:kirby64: vs:ness2:
Kirby has defeated ultimate beings, but so has ness. I'll say ness so 8 melodies doesn't kill me.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Next matchup!
Hmmm, this is hard, but realistically link would never hurt Zelda, so I consider this a Zelda win cuz MAGIC.
....Or a tie.
Well link beats gannondorf while Zelda can do nothing to prevent being kidnapped from gannondorf

Unless this is PiS

josh bones

Smash Lord
You're posting arbitrary one liners. Its not critical of any of those matchups. You might rate feedback if you post an idea larger than two words.
How about this then.
:kirby64: vs:ness2:
Kirby has many powers. He especially can use warp star star rod and ultra sword. Kirby has defeated things like dark matter, thrice.
Ness has PsI: He can mind control and summon master swords and light arrows. He has taken out giygas.
I don't believe ness could take an ultra sword, nor do I believe Kirby can take a Pk flash. However, with kirbies versatile movepool, I can see him take a win.
Better?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Next matchup!
....Or a tie.
If Link's good nature didn't play a part, he could block any of Zelda's attacks with the indestructible Hylian shield and slice her in half.

Top Bottom