• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Unless if Mewtwo somehow gained the ability to craft Light Arrows/Master Swords with his mind I fail to see how he could defeat Ganon.

Reznor

work in progress
Unless if Mewtwo somehow gained the ability to craft Light Arrows/Master Swords with his mind I fail to see how he could defeat Ganon.
You make him believe you are his master of sorts. Or delete his memories to confuse him, teleport him to a place he doesn't know and then delete his new memories for good measure and leave.
there ya go

josh bones

Smash Lord
Kirby loses to a shoe. Ganon can't die. Kirby isn't physically strong, he relies on copy abilities to beat bosses dude. The links, are the only guys who can touch ganon.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Alright guys.

Ness' native PSI ranges from being able to fully regenerate all his wounds, set up shields strong to survive blows from the strongest in Giygas' army, as well as PK Flash (which can instantly kill anything), and PK Rockin, which can do massive damage to even Giygas. Now if we take Smash Bros as any indication, he can learn other PSI as well. This includes Starstorm, and PSI shields, so Mewtwo is screwed there.

Now how strong is Ness' PSI ability? Well, before it was substantially amplified by his mind being tied to the Earth, he was capable of creating a physical world with only his mind. Only one other character in the series has shown the ability to do this, so it's certainly not something anybody can do. This world even has items he can take with him. He defeated the evil within his mind while here, turning him into basically Jesus. I think this means he could wield the Master Sword if he had access to it, since only those pure of heart can wield it, and as such could kill Ganon. Now, after doing so, his body and mind is tied to the earth itself, increasing his stamina, strength, and mind exponentially. It also theoretically could mean that he could use his PSI infinitely since I'm sure a planet has quite a bit of a reserve in psychic energy.

Now unfortunately there aren't many feats he's done to prove all of this. He did defeat Giygas, but not through direct means. He did, however, survive quite a few attacks from him, and he is far, far stronger than any character in Smash Bros.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Alright guys.

Ness' native PSI ranges from being able to fully regenerate all his wounds, set up shields strong to survive blows from the strongest in Giygas' army, as well as PK Flash (which can instantly kill anything), and PK Rockin, which can do massive damage to even Giygas. Now if we take Smash Bros as any indication, he can learn other PSI as well. This includes Starstorm, and PSI shields, so Mewtwo is screwed there.

Now how strong is Ness' PSI ability? Well, before it was substantially amplified by his mind being tied to the Earth, he was capable of creating a physical world with only his mind. Only one other character in the series has shown the ability to do this, so it's certainly not something anybody can do. This world even has items he can take with him. He defeated the evil within his mind while here, turning him into basically Jesus. I think this means he could wield the Master Sword if he had access to it, since only those pure of heart can wield it, and as such could kill Ganon. Now, after doing so, his body and mind is tied to the earth itself, increasing his stamina, strength, and mind exponentially. It also theoretically could mean that he could use his PSI infinitely since I'm sure a planet has quite a bit of a reserve in psychic energy.

Now unfortunately there aren't many feats he's done to prove all of this. He did defeat Giygas, but not through direct means. He did, however, survive quite a few attacks from him, and he is far, far stronger than any character in Smash Bros.
Ness would have to take it from link, so no. Bowser can wish for invincibility.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Alright guys.

I approve, this was good enough for me to strongly agree that hes within the top.

Honestly, I always thought Ness and PT(because Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, etc.) would be top 2.
My top 5 would be...imo
1. Ness
2. PT
3. Ganon
4. Mewtwo
5. Kirby

Hong

The Strongest
Samus with 100% completion is one of the most overpowered characters in video game existence.. Even if Ganondorf is immortal, a good shine-spark, which can carry her through solid walls without injury, would have enough collision force to rip Ganny from existence, if not at the very least lead to a battle where he cannot win. Eventually Samus would just drop him off in the middle of space.

Ganondorf can also be defeated by other characters. I would assume divine weaponry in general, such as the light arrows, can injure him. Marth, Roy, Ike and Pit, in that sense, would be good contenders.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Ness would have to take it from link, so no. Bowser can wish for invincibility.
The Master Sword spends more time in a pedestal than it does being wielded by Link, and invincibility doesn't last forever (assuming you mean through a starman).

josh bones

Smash Lord
Samus with 100% completion is one of the most overpowered characters in video game existence.. Even if Ganondorf is immortal, a good shine-spark, which can carry her through solid walls without injury, would have enough collision force to rip Ganny from existence, if not at the very least lead to a battle where he cannot win. Eventually Samus would just drop him off in the middle of space.

Ganondorf can also be defeated by other characters. I would assume divine weaponry in general, such as the light arrows, can injure him. Marth, Roy, Ike and Pit, in that sense, would be good contenders.
Mewtwo could shut down samus' suit, how can samus beat someone whos invincible or survive black holes. There are so many people who samus loses to

josh bones

Smash Lord
The Master Sword spends more time in a pedestal than it does being wielded by Link, and invincibility doesn't last forever (assuming you mean through a starman).
Star rod, paper Mario, and link has the sword, and unless ness kils link he's not getting a sword.

Hong

The Strongest
Mewtwo could shut down samus' suit, how can samus beat someone whos invincible or survive black holes. There are so many people who samus loses to
Depends. If it's the Fusion Suit, I doubt it.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Star rod, paper Mario, and link has the sword, and unless ness kils link he's not getting a sword.
Ness can do the same thing Mario did, try to deactivate it. And if Link has the sword, I'd say he would lend it to Ness. I imagine they would be buddies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think this means he could wield the Master Sword if he had access to it, since only those pure of heart can wield it, and as such could kill Ganon.
No, only the hero of time can wield the Master Sword, there are no others. It is explained in Skyward Sword.

Also the fights are 1 on 1, Link cannot be there when Ganon is there.

If we're using items and abilities from the series that are not part of the character then Ganon/Link would win every fight as the Triforce can grant any wish, it has no restrictions (as seen in Skyward Sword or Link to the Past).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Canonically strongest? Ike and Pit. They kill gods, after all. Ganon, Link and Zelda as they have almost divine powers. Mewtwo is also quite strong.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Ness can do the same thing Mario did, try to deactivate it. And if Link has the sword, I'd say he would lend it to Ness. I imagine they would be buddies.
Ness would have to go through the star spirits, which he can't do during a fight, and what Raykz said.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Honestly, now that I think about it. PT would be the strongest because of certain Pokemon (Since there are 2 Mewtwos Red could catch him, but assuming he doesnt)
1. Arceus
2. Palkia
3. Dialga
4. Mew (can transform + learn any move)

Not to mention if the items are as strong as they are in the game.(Assuming they can hold items) (Focus Sash, Choice Items, Leftovers, etc.)

josh bones

Smash Lord
Honestly, now that I think about it. PT would be the strongest because of certain Pokemon (Since there are 2 Mewtwos Red could catch him, but assuming he doesnt)
1. Arceus
2. Palkia
3. Dialga

Not to mention if the items are as strong as they are in the game.(Assuming they can hold items) (Focus Sash, Choice Items, Leftovers, etc.)
It's Red the only one of those he could use is mew. DOn't forget it's a 11 year old. Who won't be taking hit good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. Arceus
2. Palkia
3. Dialga

When does pkmn trainer canonically have any of those pokemon?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
1. Arceus
2. Palkia
3. Dialga

He would need enough time to get them out of the pokeball.

People like Mewtwo (who's already out and has been known to actually stop pokeballs from opening or trainers from throwing them), Ness, Lucas and Sonic would completely annihilate him.

Also Pikachu and Pichu, Fox, Falco and Wolf (with their blasters) are probably fast enough to kill the trainer himself before the pokeball is thrown too.

You could even argue Link, Samus, Pit and everyone with a semi-fast draw ranged weapon would be able to kill him before the pokeball touches the ground.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
When does pkmn trainer canonically have any of those pokemon?
National Dex Red can have any pokemon. If we actually had to stay with the pokemon he canonically has, hes one of the worst.

He would need enough time to get them out of the pokeball.

People like Mewtwo (who's already out and has been known to actually stop pokeballs from opening or trainers from throwing them), Ness, Lucas and Sonic would completely annihilate him.

Also Pikachu and Pichu, Fox, Falco and Wolf (with their blasters) are probably fast enough to kill the trainer himself before the pokeball is thrown too.
Like I said before, if that were the case... he shouldnt even be one of the best.

My point is, assuming the other character will "let" PT summon the pokemon. Hes by far the best.

Hong

The Strongest
If Pokemon Trainer has time to throw his pokemon, Samus has time to freeze everyone within several kilometres and be running faster than the speed of light. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So from what I gather, the list is down to:

Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Kirby and Ness (probably Lucas also). (In no particular order)

Anyone I am missing?

Hong

The Strongest
So from what I gather, the list is down to:

Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Kirby and Ness (probably Lucas also). (In no particular order)

Anyone I am missing?
Largely dictated by conditional bias.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Ness would have to go through the star spirits, which he can't do during a fight, and what Raykz said.
No, only the hero of time can wield the Master Sword, there are no others. It is explained in Skyward Sword.

Also the fights are 1 on 1, Link cannot be there when Ganon is there.

If we're using items and abilities from the series that are not part of the character then Ganon/Link would win every fight as the Triforce can grant any wish, it has no restrictions (as seen in Skyward Sword or Link to the Past).
Regardless of whether or not Ganon or Bowser have means of preventing all damage done to them, the thread's title is who is the strongest, and I believe in terms of strength, he is stronger than both.

Now even then, he could probably just create his own Master Sword and his own Star Rod to fight them with. I imagine it's easier to do that than create a world.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Then if that would be the case... there's a chance PT could summon Dialga (before the match), go back in time before anyone has gotten their powers and destroy them.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just sayin

josh bones

Smash Lord
Regardless of whether or not Ganon or Bowser have means of preventing all damage done to them, the thread's title is who is the strongest, and I believe in terms of strength, he is stronger than both.

Now even then, he could probably just create his own Master Sword and his own Star Rod to fight them with. I imagine it's easier to do that than create a world.
theres only 1 master sword, and only one elf can use it

Top Bottom